Quiet diapers for day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gcanyon

Est. Contributor
Any suggestions for diapers that are discreet for day use? Also, those that are plastic backed. Thank you.

Tykables Waddler regular are my go-to daytime diapers. They're thin when dry, VERY comfortable (front/rear elastic and soft shell), and fairly quiet. A good value for the price. But will easiy hold one large wetting/flood, more if you're careful. Shell is plastic but has a very slight texture to cut down on noise. The harder front tape panel can crinkle a bit, but only if someone's rubbing your crotch ;)

I use Tena Basic when I know I won't be wetting more than once, and Tena Slip Maxi Original when I know I will take longer. The plastic on these diapers is "swishy" and not "crinkly" so they go unnoticed. Basic especially is very, VERY thin.
All plastic Tenas are good and discreet imo. They have never failed me even if they have got changes done to them etc..

For fecal incontinence purposes, I don't really know what would be 100% good since I don't have that problem.

Just a thought, what about wearing whatever nappy you like regardless of the noise and keeping a small packet of mints or similar that are in a plastic bag in your pocket.

Then if your are somewhere quiet and your nappy is making noise then take the bag out of your pocket and have a mint. Then anyone would assume that it was the packet in your pocket that was making noise and not your nappy?

Monkeypuzzler said:
Just a thought, what about wearing whatever nappy you like regardless of the noise and keeping a small packet of mints or similar that are in a plastic bag in your pocket.

Then if your are somewhere quiet and your nappy is making noise then take the bag out of your pocket and have a mint. Then anyone would assume that it was the packet in your pocket that was making noise and not your nappy?

I actually do this :D I have naturally my pockets full of plastic bags to pick after my dog.
Ps. Swishy pants help, too. But mostly in wintertime.

I think the Tenas are a consistently good combination of discreet and effective from all the reviews and recommendations I've seen. I have some of the plastic-backed ones and I've used them during the day to good effect, but they can be hard to get now. Otherwise, cloth-backed is usually the best way to have something quiet.

I use Dry 24/7's even in a quiet office I have never had an issue I use to worry about my diapers being heard or seen and picked the thinnest quietest diaper I could get but now I pick my diaper by absorbancy and how well they fit. I no longer worry if some one may hear a crinkle or two wearing the best protection from leaks is my main consern.

I have worn Dry 24/7 and no one has noticed. The mint thing is a nice idea as well, but most people are not listening to you when you walk.

I have found that the gary wear active diaper cover makes my m4 diaper quiet even without pants over them. Just have to get the right size to fit you. I bought some large pants and the had a rustle sound to them. Bought medium and they fix very good even though it says the legs would be to tight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back