Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Linksys WRT110 Problems?

Smile Linksys WRT110 Problems?

I've found the answer to your prayers. Tired of having to put up with dropped connections, lousy speeds and whatnot?

If anyone has this router and experiences these problems, please post in this thread and I will help you out.

Quote Originally Posted by timmydiaperloverboy View Post
    I've found the answer to your prayers. Tired of having to put up with dropped connections, lousy speeds and whatnot?

If anyone has this router and experiences these problems, please post in this thread and I will help you out.
    ... this may get better views over in the Computers section of the board.

Is it a firmware update, or flashing an image onto it?

Quote Originally Posted by chevre View Post
    Are you a Linksys salesman?
    No but I am an owner of the router in question, and after taking notice that many others have been having problems ( Just about 75% of the people who have bought this router ) I am trying to help people out. I have tinkered with it and discovered a solution.

I am however, a certified computer technician. ( Hardware and Software, E.G., Windows XP/Vista and 2000/ME, and stuff like Video Cards and Modems, and Routers of course. )

Yes it includes a Firmware update and changing some settings on the router ( Such as adding a WEP key ) which few people know that adding a WEP key helps to sustain your connection due to the increased amount of stability in your network ( meaning that your computer knows exactly where to send the signal to )

Why would you tell them to use WEP? Shouldn't they be using something more like WPA2 with AES?

Anyway, what about DD-WRT? That's what I'd be using. But for now I'm content to be wired.

Why would you tell them to use WEP? Shouldn't they be using something more like WPA2 with AES?

Anyway, what about DD-WRT? That's what I'd be using. But for now I'm content to be wired.
    This router doesn't support DD-WRT. That is why I am posting this. I have seen a few people brick their routers by uploading DD-WRT.. >.<

WEP is fine for me, really though, I haven't tried the others... Usually use WEP when setting up a network for a customer because its simple.

Ah, bummer. Well, the problem with WEP is that someone with a tool like aircrack-ng can gain access to your network pretty quickly heheh.

Ah, bummer. Well, the problem with WEP is that someone with a tool like aircrack-ng can gain access to your network pretty quickly heheh.
    To be honest, I haven't thought of that. I might need to take some Networking classes... >.<