Can anyone fit into cloth toddler diapers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleBelleReturns

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
Hello :)

I was considering trying diapers for the first time but I can't find any cute adult diapers, I am only going to wear them not use them so I was wondering if anyone has tried fitting into the cloth toddler diapers that come in cute prints? like the all in one ones, etc

Thank you! :)

What waist size are you? I tried some old-school cloth diapers (my brothers when he was a baby, since disposables gave him an allergic reaction), and had to tape 2 together, plus the plastic pants wouldn't fit.

Braves26 said:
What waist size are you? I tried some old-school cloth diapers (my brothers when he was a baby, since disposables gave him an allergic reaction), and had to tape 2 together, plus the plastic pants wouldn't fit.

I'm 50kg/112lbs and i'm 5ft with a 26in (size 8 UK) waist :)

You could try Super undies XXL .... I have one of them. I'm not good about washing them though so they stink and I cant wear them anymore :/

I haven't found any all in ones that don't leak quickly - I think the cloth diaper with a separate cover would be a much better choice. There are a bunch of youth sized products though that should fit. I really want to try snap-ez diapers but no money :( My best system I think would be to find a tight diaper cover like a pocket diaper that would actually fit (impossible - all are either too small made for toddlers or made for adults and too large), use toddler prefolds inside as the absorbent pad and then plastic pants overtop (if needed, depending on the material of cover).

I have a happy heiny XXlarge diaper cover that is perfect .... over disposables, needs to be a touch bigger to have cloth diapers in it. and they discontinued this size anyway boo!

There are various people that do make adult printed cloth diapers. I think you'll be better off with getting something that will fit you better. Yes, you'll spend more money; but I think you'll have a better experience in the end.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/JayKayBaby

I've seen other makers, and can't remember them off the top of my head. The one I posted is from a company that was posting some stuff on furaffinity yesterday, about wanting help picking out their next print.

I used to use the flat, baby diapers and pin them to me, from corner to corner. I would use two baby, prefolds and stuff the flat diaper with them. I could also fit into Gerber, toddler sized plastic pants. It gave me a real, baby experience, but now I use adult sized diapers and it's a lot more practical.

Hi, LittleBelle.

LittleBelle said:
I was considering trying diapers for the first time but I can't find any cute adult diapers, I am only going to wear them not use them so I was wondering if anyone has tried fitting into the cloth toddler diapers that come in cute prints? like the all in one ones, etc

You might look some more. :) There are a few makers of cute, printed AIOs for adults--such as DependEco. (Be sure to click through all the pages. They even have a MLP diaper! :)) Snap-EZ makes PUL pocket diapers for babies and adults. Baby Pants makes super-thick cloth training pants for adults, in a variety of cute prints. And there are a few others. I mainly wear prefolds with pins and plastic pants, though, so I'm not the best one to advise on AIOs.

As far as your chances of fitting into a baby/toddler AIO: Almost zero. They're small, of course, but worse still, they have very little stretch in the waistline--certainly nothing like the stretchy wings on disposable baby diapers. But if you're really determined, and if you know how to sew, you could certainly make extensions for the tabs--which would at least get the diapers around your hips. Fixing the rise would be another matter...

CottonTail nailed it cloth diapers don't stretch.

Your cheapest and easiest way to try diapers for the first time is to pick up a small package of Drynites. They will fit you and cost less than a single adult all in one diaper or decent pair of plastic pants. Ignore the commercial they feel like diapers.

If you don't care if they are real diapers and just want to feel some bulk between your legs you can fold and pin on a flannel baby blanket or towel. You could add some plastic pants and get something functional if desired. Priva vinyl pants are dirt cheap and barely worth the cost but can be picked up at medical supply stores without paying shipping.

The formula for the width of a diaper to fit around the waist is waist size + 12"/2. So if you have a 26" waist you would need at least a width of about 17" to fit but it would be tight.

Your best bet as far as cloth is to buy some pins (eBay is a good source. So is amazon) and a nappy cover, most AB websites have em. Then buy some terry towels (adult sized ones) or use any fluffy bath towel.

I can't recommend enough the type of pocket diapers you can find on websites like these: teenadultdiapers or Big Tots. You can find them in other places btw.

They look and feel just like the real thing but for bigger babies :) they're also not that expensive I think.

From teenadultdiapers the fit seems to be 28-46" with the recommended 32-42" although from Big Tots it says 22-40". I'm 5.7 (1.75m), have a waist size of around 37" (94cm) and weight something like 72kg (maybe less now) and although they fit good I can't help but notice how they feel just a tiny bit small, especially the rise, nothing too much though. You're quite petite LittleBelle but I think you might fit these just fine, however there's no guarantee really until you try one. I just found these that are smaller and probably a better fit maybe?

Thank you all for your replies and the links to the cute cloth diapers! since its my first time trying nappies at all I have ordered some Huggies pull ups and see how I get on with those :D thank you again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back