• Note: ADISC does NOT allow personal ads. This includes "looking for ____" or "anyone in ____" type introduction posts. To write a good introduction, focus on explaining who you are, NOT what you are looking for. The goal should be to help other people get to know you a bit.

Hello Everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShellDae

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hi! I go by Shell.
I've been a DL as long as I can remember with no real interest in the AB side of things.
Anywho, I'm a theatre major at university. I mainly run tech there, stagehand, lights, sounds, whatever they put me on except the stage itself. I'm also into video games, Metal Gear Solid V being my current game of choice, I like reading comic and webcomics of all kinds, and I enjoy the pokemon games and tcg. That's pretty much me in a nut shell.
Mainly I'm here to find people to talk to and hopefully make some new friends, which is a bit difficult for me since I'm shy. I really got to come out of my shell. So I guess I have to come out of myself? Haha! :sweatdrop: Bad joke, I'm sorry.

Hello Shell and welcome to the group.

Very nice intro.

Egor

Howdy and welcome ShellDae. How many shows do you guys have each year? I helped out with a few productions with the theatre group at my school. We usually had one big production each semester. They'd spend the semester building the sets for it, learning the lightening, and everything else. Real learning experience. Everyone learned all the different stuff. Any upcoming plays that you're looking forward to doing?

Up until this year I've only ever had one show per semester at my high school and university. This semester we're doing two. One is the Complete Works of William Shakespeare Abridged and the other I'm not sure about. It's a play written by a playwright friend of the director. The playwright's going to be working with us, which is a first for any production I've worked on. I'm really looking forward to Shakespeare Abridged, it'll be the first time I've worked lights for an actual production. Before I've just done them a bit for setting up the lights before the run of a show.

ShellDae said:
Up until this year I've only ever had one show per semester at my high school and university. This semester we're doing two. One is the Complete Works of William Shakespeare Abridged and the other I'm not sure about. It's a play written by a playwright friend of the director. The playwright's going to be working with us, which is a first for any production I've worked on. I'm really looking forward to Shakespeare Abridged, it'll be the first time I've worked lights for an actual production. Before I've just done them a bit for setting up the lights before the run of a show.

Complete works of William Shakespeare Abridged!?! OMG! Please tell me, you're talking about the comedy one. With Adam Long and the others?

I love that. When I was in High School a couple of buddies of mine used that in a humorous duet contest. They ended up going to State with it.

That's a great comedy group. Me and a buddy did "The Complete History of America (Abridged)". I also did it as a solo thing too. Just did all the parts by myself in different voices. Ohh man, you just brought back a bunch of memories.

Yup, that's the one we're doing. I can't wait for the rehearsals to start. Last semester we did a regular Shakespeare play, As You Like It, at the rehearsals were insane. I can only imagine what they're going to be like for Shakespeare Abridged.

I once stuck around during a rehearsal at my college to watch and work on the sets--It's amazing the amount of dedication and work that goes into it. We worked on the sets for R&J, as well as As You Like It, but the year was over before we got to do much else. Also enjoyable to watch.

I'm assuming you've beaten MGSV already? How'd you like it compared to the other MGS games? MGSV was my favorite when I got it, but Undertale stole my heart for the rest of last year and continues to be my favorite.

Welcome.

I've beaten MGSV. Even got it to 100% except for the last few challenge tasks that require the FOB and other online stuff, those are just tedious. MGSV has my favorite gameplay of the series but I wasn't a fan of the lack of story. But what story was there really got to me at some points since I was a huge fan of Peace Walker.
Oh, I recently got Undertale. I haven't made it very far because I got to where you have to fight Toriel and it's not letting me talk my way out of it. I'm just there like "but I don't want to hurt you, Toriel, don't make me."

Hi! I love Pokemon and MGS too :3!! Great game series!
Welcome!

ShellDae said:
I've beaten MGSV. Even got it to 100% except for the last few challenge tasks that require the FOB and other online stuff, those are just tedious. MGSV has my favorite gameplay of the series but I wasn't a fan of the lack of story. But what story was there really got to me at some points since I was a huge fan of Peace Walker.
Oh, I recently got Undertale. I haven't made it very far because I got to where you have to fight Toriel and it's not letting me talk my way out of it. I'm just there like "but I don't want to hurt you, Toriel, don't make me."

Haven't 100% yet to be honest, maybe someday I will when I find the time. I do agree on the gameplay, and on the story itself, but I think it's a great game despite Konami having rushed it and evidently, left out a lot of parts that could have made it even greater. I finished Peacewalker and Ground Zeroes only a few hours before I went to go pick it up that night, haha.

As for Toriel, remember the basics of... pacifism. Going through The Ruins, remember what she told you about sparing, fleeing, and talking? Try the other two options. There will be a few points where the other two will work but talking won't. Good luck seeing the screen through your tears for the rest of the game.

Welcome Shell, keeping on thespianing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back