Carseats and strollers

Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleBelleReturns

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
So I was reading some closed posts on fitting into toddler carseats and strollers and noticed most people saying they can't fit but a couple of people could, so I decided to google and see if anyone my height can fit in a carseat.. Turns out I am the exact height that the official UK carseat safety website recommends waiting until to move onto just the normal seat.. I wondered why seatbelts still strangle me slightly :giggles:

So, anyone else able to fit into toddler sized items?

Not sure; how tall are you? I'm five foot ten and probably 130 something pounds.

My dream is to get a britax car seat .... the USA version is rated for up to 95 pounds with 5 point harness (Canadian version is the identical seat but only government regulated to 65 pounds)!! And my shoulder height is only ..... 1" taller than the highest recommended! So I think I would fit very well.

Everyone makes fun of me with booster seats because I do fit all of them since most go up to at least 100 pounds .... I do wish I could use one in the driver seat since I sit a touch lower than where I should - what happens when you are only 5 feet tall and most of the height is in my legs.

Out of curiosity, how tall are you?

I'm way too big to ever fit in toddler stuff. Probably part of the reason I like being a daddy. Some fantasies are just a little too uneconomical. :p

Same with me KarmaBaby, I am 5ft too! everyone calls me a midget :( at work I actually get told "Your too little to help" by the guys, I used to hate being told I was too small but now I love it :)

5 ft 11. No strollers for me :<, Unless I went full crazy and built one. But then, I would need a crazy giant person to push it.

MrPurple said:
5 ft 11. No strollers for me :<, Unless I went full crazy and built one. But then, I would need a crazy giant person to push it.

Oh dear :laugh: I know some people who are 6ft 5 - 6ft 6 if you want me to ask them :laugh:

No would be to big now.

I would love it though but I don't think Daddy would.

He he something to ask for just to tease him.

Thaks

Sisi

I most likely would, (Being 5'4" 130 pound) but would most likely not try it.

:frown: I'm too tall for most things, but I'm skinny though, but still the height stops me from being able to do/fit into a lots of things. I'm 6'4"

In my car, if I could get the seat frames, I have a racing seat that hugs me fairly tight, like toddler carseats do.

I'm too big for toddler seats. I weight 130 lbs and stand five foot seven. If I sit in a car seat, my head is way above the headpiece. Way above the height limit.

Iwould live to be able to fit into a toddler or carseat but at 5'7" and 210 lbs, that is not possible.

me too im too tall. im 5ft 11inches almost 6 ft and 208 lbs still dreaming of a 5 points harness car seat and high chair also with the harness.. strollers wich don't look like handicap ones..

Umm I am 5'3" and 100 pounds or so, could I fit ? :eek:

Littledaimon said:
Umm I am 5'3" and 100 pounds or so, could I fit ? :eek:

Maybe not the 5 point ones but the toddler ones you would I think :) I haven't had the chance to try yet but I plan to :)

LittleBelle said:
Maybe not the 5 point ones but the toddler ones you would I think :) I haven't had the chance to try yet but I plan to :)

Haha I might try and see if I can fit in one :p also I am curious about other toddler things :eek:

I've tried this. At 5'6" and 180 lbs I am too big for most stuff, especially girth-wise. However, I did find a stroller called a Graco "Duet" in a yard sale a couple of years ago that I do fit into. I have to recline the front seat all the way and then I can fit into it by utilizing the rear seat backrest. However, it is a tight fit. (this is a twin stroller). Also found an old high chair from the 1970's that I can fit into, albeit not comfortably.

I was in a second hand store yesterday and saw an old hospital crib mad of steel it was neet, it had hand cranks on the ends to adjust it. I never asked how much it was because I'm 5.11, 190lbs and would never fit in it anyway just like cars seats to.

I'm much too tall to fit in a carseat or a stroller but if I could I would like to sit in one.

I can fit into a Britax Parkway Booster seat; I have a slightly long torso, so I am not able to fit into the Britax Pinancle. I would love to be able to fit in a stroller, but I currently weight too much. Most of the strollers max out at around 50 lbs, so it would be unhealthy for me to try to get to that weight. There are some strollers, like JOOVY Zoom 360 Ultralight Jogging Stroller, out there that max out at 75 lbs. Since I am about 4'8" inches tall, I am trying to lose enough weight to safely be pushed in one of those. I am currently 125 pounds, I was close to 150 about 6 months ago, and I decided that it was time to lose weight, mainly for health reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back