Status
Not open for further replies.

ade

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
View attachment 25294
View attachment 25295

i could :blah: on the whys and wherefores, and certainly why i'd not done it before (cos it looks crap?), but mum fracturing her backbone gave the push.
and being what the Yanks'd call a pack-rat, i had the bits knocking about.

funny what you do, when there's nothing to do :biggrin:

Hmm ... I probably would have built something wooden and more secure, especially since those seem to be glass lids. But then again, I am the type of person that worries like that, so I tend to go overboard. XD

Maxx said:
OK, I have to ask. What am I looking at?

Ha ha ha! :lol: That's was exactly my first thought!

Marka said:
...either that or, it's some kind of robot brazier ;)

OMG! That was my second thought! Ha ha -- I can't stop laughing! (We must have dirty minds, Marka!)

Cool solution, though. If it does the job, where's the problem? I love it when you can fix a problem with random stuff that you have to hand.

Marka said:
Not dirty minds, tiny... just good shape recognition ;)

Ha ha -- "good shape recognition". I'll go along with that... it was a "good shape"! :biggrin:

tiny said:
Ha ha -- "good shape recognition". I'll go along with that... it was a "good shape"! :biggrin:

oh, now i know what you two are on about: titbags :SHOCKED:, not the ol' fire thingy :biggrin:.

btw, i've just googled 'titbags' and there's no mention of bags for tits. it all sounds a bit sexist and racist and pervist to me :soapbox:
:tongueout:

and of course, Marka was correct of it being a pan-lid holder. i was pretty tired the night of posting and couldn't be mithered with an in-depth :blah:
i knew someone would suss it and, yeah, it's an invite for anyone to show their cobblings.

Gercha! I ain't showing you my cobblings! Welll.... you can have a peek at my sherbet... but that's all you're getting! Cheeky devil!

things-that-look-like-boobs-sherbert.jpg

'fat free' sugar?!!! when did that happen?

ade said:
'fat free' sugar?!!! when did that happen?

Sheesh! I know. You can even get sugar-free energy drinks now. I mean... seriously... a low-energy energy drink?! Who buys that stuff?!

And don't start me on low fat yoghurt! Bleurgh! You'd have to really hate yourself to eat that!

Don't forget diet water in China. Sorry if it comes off as racist, but gullible much?

fitted new dampers on the washing-machine :claps:

View attachment 25529

one was totally goosed. not done a proper wash, yet, and i'm waiting to see how the drum balances itself with my nappies in. btw, this only took precedence over the other work to do because it was the most annoying thing.
a cheap and easy-ish fix (easier when you're not disabled :smile1:) and most of the 'consumable' parts seem to be around the same price (£15 in this case) or under £30.

Haha....are those automobile shock absorbers?

dogboy said:
Haha....are those automobile shock absorbers?
yeah, i did think that they looked a bit gimmicky as i researched, but a closer inspection lends toward a sense of an ease of manufacture.
the originals, on the left as viewed, have an angular pressed-metal body, whilst the new ones are cylindrical. the originals can be dismantled and given a fresh-ish lease of life (as i did some years ago when i replaced the drumbearing), but they are a bit fragile with it. both types work by friction, not hydraulic or pneumatic action.

given the cost of new ones, there's not much point in buggering about trying to tart-up the old ones.

ade said:
fitted new dampers on the washing-machine :claps:

Wow! I'm impressed -- I've never dismantled any white goods before.

My DIY jobs are mounting up. I noticed a drop of water on the ceiling, and in wiping it away somehow pushed my hand through the plasterboard which disintegrated instantly, releasing a flood of noxious liquid that I traced to a leaking soil pipe on the toilet pan. Nice.

Good job I spotted it. One more flush and I could have gone downstairs and found a turd poking through the kitchen ceiling. :frown:

tiny said:
Good job I spotted it. One more flush and I could have gone downstairs and found a turd poking through the kitchen ceiling. :frown:
YUCK. We had a similar thing happen, but were fortunate that it chose to happen above some easily-removed wood panels. Mostly water; no discernable turds. But still pretty icky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back