Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another Rock Star Gone

Default Another Rock Star Gone

Glenn Frey, one of the original members of the group Eagles ("Hotel California", "Take It Easy") has passed away. The second week in a row I'm in shock. Glenn and David Bowie weren't that old in my book. Lots of talent gone but certainly not forgotten. :'(

There are a lot of boomer celebrities and they are getting old enough that their lifestyle is catching up to them. I expect a glut in the next few years.

I'm glad you posted this zipperless as I saw the news report today. It reminded me of how incredible The Eagles were. I bought their reunion CD when it came out. It was comprised from recordings of their live tour, and when I listen to it, I'm so amazed at how flawless the music is. All the vocals are spot on with no one slightly off. The instrumentals are note perfect. Having played in a very good rock band for 15 years, I know how difficult that is to do. There are so many riffs and runs and complexities, that to perform at the level they did, is overwhelming. Another great one has passed.

It is sad to lose these people so young.

I am wondering what kind of a memorial they will do with his statue on the corner of 3rd and Wilson in Winslow, Arizona.

Quote Originally Posted by egor View Post

I am wondering what kind of a memorial they will do with his statue on the corner of 3rd and Wilson in Winslow, Arizona.
    Good point/question.

A little something that's always gotten to me, seems a fitting memorial to Glenn. RIP, Sir...

Celebrity deaths tend to all come at once and come in threes. And yeah, we've had David Bowie, Alan Rickman, and now Glenn Frey. So this rule of threes continues. Hopefully it just sticks to three.

Quote Originally Posted by egor View Post

Hello

I am starting to see pictures of the whole mural on Wilson street in Winslow on Facebook.
    The last one was the statue of fry and there is three candles at his feet.

There is a Route 66 store across the street from there. After you go through there, there is not much left to do in Winslow unless you are into drunk Indian bars.