Abena Abri-form cloth backed

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndresMommy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Carer
I prefer plastic backed diapers. Just wondering how bad the Abena cloth backed ones are. Specifically, do they bag and sag when wet like so many cloth backed diapers do, thus creating gaps and leading to leaks? Do they have the problem of wicking through the backing like cheap cloth backed diapers do? Thanks.

I've tried the cloth back ones, the main problem is you tape it snug then a while later it's loose and uncomfortable, plastic is the way to go

pampers4U said:
I've tried the cloth back ones, the main problem is you tape it snug then a while later it's loose and uncomfortable, plastic is the way to go

This is correct, i just bought 120 of them, big mistake..

They start nice and snug, but within a couple of hours, they are so loose, if you stand up they just fall down like a pair of loose boxer shorts.. It can result in wet and smelly clothing, or bed.. I wont be buying them again

Switch to Abena air last year for a while under recommendation of my supplier
They said
Was cooler in the summer ( realy didn't notice a difference )
more descrite

What I found
They felt dampen the touch when Wet
Had to re enforce the tapes with Duck tape

I will never go back to cloth backed as long as I can buy plastic backed diapers like dry 24/7's

Okay, I'm getting a little concerned. I took advantage of the BOGO offer from Diaper Buys, though they haven't shipped. Should I cancel my order and get something else? The reviews on these are generally really good but now I don't know what to do. Can I hear from some more folks about these?

-RMS

They feel damp on the outside when wet, cool and damp on the inside when wet, and the tapes are subpar. For some reason, Abena used sticky tapes for a cloth backed diaper which means there is no chance of repositioning them. They would have been MUCH better off with velcro tapes that would allow for much better fitting, readjusting, and possibly negating all the other issues mentioned.

babylea said:
They start nice and snug, but within a couple of hours, they are so loose, if you stand up they just fall down like a pair of loose boxer shorts.. It can result in wet and smelly clothing, or bed.. I wont be buying them again

That is so true! You have to retape them about an hour after you put them on. Common issue with many clothlike wings.

Thanks everyone. I was considering taking advantage of the BOGO since I missed the code for the plastic backed ones, but now I think I'll skip it. I was going to use them for daytime use, but if they don't stay snug, they're not worth it.

i will say that a friend of mine suggested using some tape around the diaper.. this seems to have solved the problem of them going loose, but it needs to be good tape.. as i said i have 120 to go through, so no choice..

Other than the above mentioned problems they are not a bad diaper, hold quite a bit.. you just need to find a way to keep them snug..

cheers
babylea

The cloth-like Abena Abri-forms aren't toooo bad. They do sag a little, but that's not a problem if you put some pants on over the top. And I think they only make them up to M3/L3 absorbency level. They're very discreet and easy/comfortable to walk about in, but more leak-prone as the leg cuffs also move about.

The Abena Premiums (aka Air Plus) ones are almost identical to the Abri-Forms, but they have a breathable backsheet and elasticated tapes. The combination of the extra bulk of the M4/L4 over the M3/L3 and the elasticated tapes make them much more saggy and loose fitting. In addition, the breathable backsheet can feel damp and clammy on the outside and doesn't contain odour at all well. Everyone will know when you're wet!

Plastic wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back