celticbabyboy

Rep for ConvertUps
Company Rep
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Other
Hi Guys,

Just wanted to make you aware of a new product to allow you to wear Pampers (or any brand) size 6/6+/7 baby nappy. We've done a lot of testing and are improving the design daily. Our Mk. 2 is in the works and should be available through the listing in the next few days.

Any orders placed from today onwards will receive the latest version, as we hand make them to order. You can choose the standard boy and girl designs or go for something bespoke. I'm a DL myself and have made these for myself for 20+ years, so I have a lot of experience that I'm trying to make available to the wider community.

Your feedback would be greatly appreciated. I've had quite a few orders already, we are manufacturing a batch on Monday based on my new design.

Thanks guys and girls

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281910121246

GREAT IDEA! Sadly, with the conversion rate, I'd be spending $100 each.

let me know when the mark 2 comes out, i would love to see it

It's done - I've had lots of orders, working all day making them. Here are some pics:
IMG_1746.jpgIMG_1742.jpgIMG_1747.jpgIMG_1745.jpgIMG_1740.jpg

Interesting idea. I hope it goes well for you!

celticbabyboy said:
Your feedback would be greatly appreciated. I've had quite a few orders already, we are manufacturing a batch on Monday based on my new design.

Thanks guys and girls

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281910121246

Hey there, celticbabyboy --

As a long-time wearer of baby diapers, and as one who is doubtless far too large for them (!!), I have a lot of interest in this sort of product. I guess my main point of feedback is that it seems better to do as much as possible to the back of the diaper and as little as possible to the front. There are a couple of reasons for this:
  1. Adding height to the front of the diaper means that the actual diaper part is proportionally much lower in front on adults than on babies. Because the front of the diaper is also the absorbent part, and because that's where most of our wetness comes out (especially for us boys), you don't really want to move the absorbency to the rear. On the contrary, you want to move it forward. Many of us prefer to "point up" when urinating, a preference that is exacerbated by diaper-induced arousal. In short: More Pampers in front; less in back.
  2. Attaching things to the front of the diaper, over so much of the Pampers print and all, makes it a lot less... Pampersy. I admit that's a bit of a nit, but some of us really want that Pampers appearance, so covering it up is a bit of a bummer.
A few years back, before I returned to cloth diapers, one of my favorite things to do was to pin disposable baby diapers into my boxer shorts. It was both comfy and functional. To get a perfect fit every time, I would modify the boxers so that the diaper tapes would poke out through carefully-placed slots in the seat. These were reinforced with iron-on twill patches. On some of the boxers, I had multiple sets of slots with color-coded patches for both Pampers and Huggies. Here are some pictures to illustrate.

I used safety pins, as you can see, but nowadays we have some excellent diaper-compatible Velcro products, like the Velcro One-Wrap. If I made another pair of diaper boxers, I would probably hand-sew some strips of One-Wrap to the front waistband and to the patches on the seat.

Of course, this doesn't address my point #2 above, but it does a very good job of addressing point #1. To visualize a solution to point #2, imagine simply cutting away all of the unnecessary parts of those boxer shorts, leaving little more than a waistband in front, and only enough fabric in the rear to support the diaper. I've also built up similar things from scratch using nothing but felt and One-Wrap (One-Wrap sticks to felt even better than to diapers, so no sewing required).

Just a thought! I'll finish by saying that what you've created is awesome, but seems definitely aimed at those of well-below-average stature. It would be neat to have a solution for the average, way-too-big-for-Pampers adult.

Hey there!

This is a pretty cool idea! I do like the point that the front part shouldn't be covered up as much as it is!

I also thought about this. What about having the product compatible with Pull Ups-Training Pants or similar products where the tapes run down the entire sides, instead of the little pampers tabs??

I like the idea, I dont mind the front being covered because I wear at work, and no one is going to see (I hope), To me the security of the tabs is more important, my current solution of a strip of velcro across the front with the "other side" of the velcro attached to this to and to the tabs works well enough, but sometimes one tab comes loose and will not stay stuck down.

My technique comes thanks to the new cloth backed tena slip. What I do is cut the back of the tena all the way along so that you have a large strip with tabs either end. It's easier to put on if you use a wall to lean against:

Tena/Baby nappy adult conversion which requires no additional tools or supplies.

I recommend tesco size 6+ for uk nappies as they do not fluff the velcro tabs up as quick.
Place the tena strip behind you along with the nappy so that it is hanging down ready to pull between your legs. Make sure the tena strip is inside the nappy,
Pull the nappy up between the legs and adjust ready to be taped,
Pull the tena tabs round and tape them onto the nappy (they should hold really well)

What you should have now is a tena strip tightly around your waist and connected to the nappy at the front.
Undo the tabs on the nappy and attach them to the tena strip that is around your waist to your comfort (they stick onto tena material very nicely)
There you have a tena/baby nappy hybrid that can be used many times, you can even let the tena part at the back ride up quite high if you so wish.

Cottontail said:
Hey there, celticbabyboy --

As a long-time wearer of baby diapers, and as one who is doubtless far too large for them (!!), I have a lot of interest in this sort of product. I guess my main point of feedback is that it seems better to do as much as possible to the back of the diaper and as little as possible to the front. There are a couple of reasons for this:
  1. Adding height to the front of the diaper means that the actual diaper part is proportionally much lower in front on adults than on babies. Because the front of the diaper is also the absorbent part, and because that's where most of our wetness comes out (especially for us boys), you don't really want to move the absorbency to the rear. On the contrary, you want to move it forward. Many of us prefer to "point up" when urinating, a preference that is exacerbated by diaper-induced arousal. In short: More Pampers in front; less in back.
  2. Attaching things to the front of the diaper, over so much of the Pampers print and all, makes it a lot less... Pampersy. I admit that's a bit of a nit, but some of us really want that Pampers appearance, so covering it up is a bit of a bummer.
A few years back, before I returned to cloth diapers, one of my favorite things to do was to pin disposable baby diapers into my boxer shorts. It was both comfy and functional. To get a perfect fit every time, I would modify the boxers so that the diaper tapes would poke out through carefully-placed slots in the seat. These were reinforced with iron-on twill patches. On some of the boxers, I had multiple sets of slots with color-coded patches for both Pampers and Huggies. Here are some pictures to illustrate.

I used safety pins, as you can see, but nowadays we have some excellent diaper-compatible Velcro products, like the Velcro One-Wrap. If I made another pair of diaper boxers, I would probably hand-sew some strips of One-Wrap to the front waistband and to the patches on the seat.

Of course, this doesn't address my point #2 above, but it does a very good job of addressing point #1. To visualize a solution to point #2, imagine simply cutting away all of the unnecessary parts of those boxer shorts, leaving little more than a waistband in front, and only enough fabric in the rear to support the diaper. I've also built up similar things from scratch using nothing but felt and One-Wrap (One-Wrap sticks to felt even better than to diapers, so no sewing required).

Just a thought! I'll finish by saying that what you've created is awesome, but seems definitely aimed at those of well-below-average stature. It would be neat to have a solution for the average, way-too-big-for-Pampers adult.

Thanks for all the feedback guys, it is much appreciated. I did consider doing more of the modification at the back rather than the front, but it is hard to attach the back of the nappy to anything vertically, as it has nothing velcro to anchor to, only the tapes, which work laterally but not vertically. I really think the latest design is a significant step forward. Here are some pics of my latest large size design, it has a higher rise at the front and is wider. It is so incredibly comfortable, I've been wearing Pampers size 6+ and Tesco 6+ nappies for the past 4 days 24/7 and I forget that I am wearing them, they feel so natural... and amazing :)

IMG_1762.jpgIMG_1761.jpgIMG_1765.jpgIMG_1764.jpgIMG_1758.jpg

Ok - we have built and launched a website, twitter page and facebook page in the past couple of weeks. We are still waiting on new supplies to start manufacturing ConvertUps, but the site is there, and you can register and sign in to be notified when sales open up. We anticipate sales on the website starting in early March, probably the 10th.

Here are the links, thanks guys:
http://www.convertups.com
https://twitter.com/convertups
https://www.facebook.com/ConvertUps-1254563277891661/

We'll also be doing sales through eBay, but the site will be a little cheaper as the transaction fees are lower.

We've had very positive feedback on the sales we've done so far. Our last feedback comment on eBay was just "Awesome!!!!"

Satisfied customers make us happy :smile1:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back