Not open for further replies.

UnactiveBladder

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
I spotted a picture of someone wearing an all Cloth version of the Tena Slip Maxi. Is this a new version? Anyone have any news on this? It was posted by Instagram user dutchdiaper.

Psynapse said:
I spotted a picture of someone wearing an all Cloth version of the Tena Slip Maxi. Is this a new version? Anyone have any news on this? It was posted by Instagram user dutchdiaper.

Hi - yes, they are all cloth now, have been for almost 2 years. They don't make the PE-backed ones any more, unfortunately. I bought thousands before they stopped making them, so I'm well stocked up, but they will run out one day...

Yeah, they lost sales after they did that, too <__< Tena Slip Maxi was my favourite diaper before it went clothback, too...

They just made new plastic versions, though! Tena Slip Original and Tena Slip Active!

Really? Do they hold up to the original maxi?

I haven't tested them yet myself :O I'll keep you updated.
The Originals have cloth wings, though! This is absolutely perfect for me, even though a lot of people in here seem to hate hybrid diapers? I don't know why since for me they are ideal.
I am not sure if the Active Fit Maxi is also hybrid, hopefully someone would tell me, too so I know if I should try them.

Ps. I am sure they hold up well, since Original seems to be the exact same as the clothback Maxi, just with plastic outer layer, and Maxi holds up real well..!

I'm wearing an "original" right now. I actually really like them for a daytime diaper because of how discrete they are, how cool they are because of the cloth wings, and how surprisingly durable they are given the hybrid nature. Tena tapes have always been good, but I'm shocked and pleased with how well these hold even when taped onto the cloth wings. Pretty amazing really.
Depending on how I end up liking the rest of the "test" bag I purchased, I might pick up a case for daytime, out and about use.

Is a half P.E and cloth really a hybrid or is it it a half breed ?.

If a hybrid I would expect the best of both style's. With no weakness

cm90210 said:
I'm wearing an "original" right now. I actually really like them for a daytime diaper because of how discrete they are, how cool they are because of the cloth wings, and how surprisingly durable they are given the hybrid nature. Tena tapes have always been good, but I'm shocked and pleased with how well these hold even when taped onto the cloth wings. Pretty amazing really.
Depending on how I end up liking the rest of the "test" bag I purchased, I might pick up a case for daytime, out and about use.

I just went crazy and bought three packs at once :p I reeeeally trust Tena products! I'm using their Basic as my daytime diapers, but these are just awesome so far! The cloth Maxi tapes were already really good at adhering to the cloth so when I saw the cloth wings I wasn't alarmed.
These are just absolutely perfect, I expected having to use cloth maxi for night-time and out-and-about use, because of sweating from the sides (it bakes my skin :'( must use cloth when I know I sweat) but seems like this will fit any purpose because of this.

Oh my god I might like this more than the actual, original Tena Maxi o__o;; since the only problem I got with them was how the plastic bakes my skin..!

Tetra, the plastic is on the outside of this, with no nonsense! It's really smooth, pretty thick, "swishy" kind of plastic. Really discreet!

I just gotta see how much these will swell to find out how discreet these actually are :O

TyphaHare said:
I just went crazy and bought three packs at once :p

Three packs? you crazy man! Hey wait, go case or go home!

(I bought a case of TS Basic, TSM cloth side, and TSM plastic to try out, I'm still working my way slowly through them, they're OK for daytime wear)

I am too poor to buy cases u__u snivel...

Put it this way, I bought a pack of the new ones and I will not be buying any more. The original PE Backed ones were fantastic.

The odd thing is that I am sure I spotted a site selling the originals yesterday. It COULD be "NappiesRus"

guys tena makes full plastic packed tena slip's they are called Tena Slip Active Fit Maxi and they are even better then the old ones :D

asset

TyphaHare said:
I am too poor to buy cases u__u snivel...

Your profile picture fits perfectly with that comment. Gave me a chuckle :laugh:

DevFox said:
guys tena makes full plastic packed tena slip's they are called Tena Slip Active Fit Maxi and they are even better then the old ones :D

asset

However they are being incredibly selective about which markets they are released in. India and Sweden seem to be the only places thusfar to have them.

Saveexpress are understood to have had to import their stock in as SCA Germany would absolutely not supply them.

I have no idea what the strategy is to be honest.

I bought a pack of the new cloth ones here in the USA from XP and have only used two as they are the worst diaper I have ever tried in my 57 years. The diapers fell apart and I awoke to a a wet bed & bits of diaper about my knees.

I like cloth backed too, but I definitely like plastic backed more. I still have some old Tena Slips. I don't know how old they are, but they are white with a purple stripe in the middle and have light blue tapes. They might be old, but they still work perfectly. I've been wanting to try the new Tenas for a while now.

ABDLNerd said:
Your profile picture fits perfectly with that comment. Gave me a chuckle :laugh:

Haha! You're right :D
I've thought of changing it to a happy bunny, but.. good thing I didnt yet lol

the cloth backed tena ultimas are actually one of the best ive tried, a bunch more absorbency than the maxis

I'd love to see the all around cloth backed here in the states--The ones that XPMedical sells are not the same cloth backed ones sold overseas, which is very disappointing.

CrypticTaco said:
I'd love to see the all around cloth backed here in the states--The ones that XPMedical sells are not the same cloth backed ones sold overseas, which is very disappointing.

This would explain why the people in USA have ragged on them so hard while I found them to be top-notch cloth nappy O_O!
Like, one person said he used them overnight and they had just broken and the SAP was all over his bed and legs in the morning... YEEK! And I have flooded them like 4 times while walking around, being active and they have held on very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back