just got a pacifier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I just got a pacifier and it is strange how relaxing it is. I am more of a DL but I thought I would try a paci just to see and holy cow I think I am finding a bit of ab in me

What one did u get

Welcome to the nursery.

Thanks and I just got a dollar store one nothing special

sisi said:
Welcome to the nursery.

Just read this back. It sound kind of spockie if you say it in a certain way.
All that's needed is the evil laugh " Welcome to the nursery!" har, har, har. Wach out for the others.

Ok I need to carm down. It just my norty séance of humour getting me in to trubel no doubt.

Pasfies carm little guys like me down and distresses us.

Try a cuddly toy to take to bed, you'll be amazed how well that works.

Have fun

Sisi

... and search for some in adult size. Baby pacis are... small.

I have 4 pacis so far, I love them

I love my pacis, use to only use them every so often when I was upset or playing but the last year I have had horrible migraine pain daily - yup for months and it never goes away. I am surprised at how much sucking on it helps me emotional deal with the pain. Too bad it's not normal to use in public .... sigh ..... we will keep it at home. Now if only nuk 5 wasn't so expensive .... and the stupid dollar isn't helping either!

If you think you might like an adult sized paci, but don't want to commit to the price of a nuk 5, there's a shop on Etsy called Big Tots that has them cheaper. That's where I got mine and I love it.

I got a nuk5 from amazon and loved it .... that's the problem!! Its been in my mouth almost every moment Ive been home since I got it. :) I think I might bite through it pretty quickly (doesn't seem as strong of latex as the baby ones).

Yes. Get an adult sized one. If you think the toddler ones are calming and relaxing; you'll be amazed by one that really fits in your mouth.

Welcome to the pacifier group :) I love mine I call them pies and I usually get the MAM ones at Walmart the bigger ones I also have a adult sized one :)

I had a nuk when I was physically small. I now have a toddler sized Nuk and I am really eager to get a bigger one myself.

LuvToColour said:
...I am really eager to get a bigger one myself.

Do it. You'll love it. Once you have an adult one that fits in your mouth, you'll wonder how you were ever happy using one made for a toddler / infant.

Last edited:
Mattew said:
Do it. You'll love it. Once you have an adult one that fits in your mouth, you'll wonder how you were ever happy using one made for a toddler / infant.

Buh I am a toddler! ;)

I really enjoy my pacifier! If I'm at home that thing is constantly in my mouth. I find it to be very soothing and helps me calm down when I'm having an anxiety/panic attack. Sleeping with them is also lovely. I bought a baby pants NUK 6 on eBay for a great price! The guard was too big for my face though. It kept digging into my chin which was annoying. I decide to modify it. I took the teat and put it on a MAM guard and it was the best decision ever! I always reccommend MAM!

Next week I'll be ordering a MAM pacifier with the MST7 teat from Pacifiersrus. Super excited!

Poohbear102415 said:
I always reccommend MAM!

Me too, I've now only one, but with teat "by myself."

Confused about what the diff is between a baby pacifier & an adult one? They acuall make such a thing??

sissyrick said:
Confused about what the diff is between a baby pacifier & an adult one? They acuall make such a thing??

Yes in deed. Check out: http://www.pacifiersrus.com and http://www.baby-pants.com/pacifiers.php. You can also find them on Amazon and eBay. The first adult pacifier I bought was a Nuk 5 off of eBay.

I see you're in the USA. I'm most familiar with Nuk, so I'll be talking about them in this. Stores in the US only carry up to size 3 (toddler) pacifiers. I've heard (never seen for myself) that stores in Europe have the next size up, size 4 for kids. There exists a Nuk size 5, which is for adults. It's made by Nuk. It has a plain white guard and ring. Pacifiers R Us made a Nuk 7 awhile back. It's not officially made by Nuk, but it's modeled after their nipple and can be placed on a Nuk guard.

I've got a good collection of pacifiers.

- - - Updated - - -

Here's a small part of my collection. From left to right: Nuk size 2, 3, 4, 5, 5, 7, & 7 silicone IMG_2755.jpg

Left to right: Nuk 3, 4, 5, 7 IMG_2757.jpg

Different nipples offered by Pacifiers r us. It shows the shape and give you information to it's size / length. TEATLINEUP31.jpg

Pacies are great, but as everyone else said, get yourself an adult one! So much more comfortable!

I have a Nuk5 with a MAM shield I got on eBay. It's really cute, but I don't like the latex teat too much. I got an adult one from Aww So Cute that has a silicone teat which is much nicer feeling, however they don't have very cute shields, and the quality doesn't seem as good. They are a lot cheaper though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back