Status
Not open for further replies.

FluffyWolfe

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
  3. Little
So my grandparents and I were in Walmart today and they have tons of Valentine day stuff out, and that includes 100's of different stuffed animals. I found one that I thought was adorable. It was just a basic teddy bear, brown, soft and hugable.

I was looking at it and my grandmother said "No, your too old for stuffed animals"

My heart broke there, even though I wasn't going to ask for it due to the price, $40usd. It was roughly 2.5 to 3 feet tall.

Just hearing my grandmother say that, knocked me into reality a little bit. Oh well, I'm still going to wear diapers and have fun.

Maybe I can find a job this year and get me a room full of stuffed animals :D

I'm sure others have been told the same. I thought I would share and get it off my chest.

Ohhhh, I'm sorry. Well, don't take it personal, they are part of an old mentality about expectations on adults. Even people who aren't AB would find having a huge teddy bear fun.

Thank You

Haha, I didn't take it personal, I love my grandparents to death. I know they mean well for everything they say to me and do for me. :biggrin:

See, in my view, I would not be too sad about it. Heck, I was told I am too old to watch anime. XD In fact, I have been told I am too old for a lot of things, even video games at one point.
Depending on the time frame someone lived in, things are viewed from a pretty different perspective. Also, on many occasions people can even use that line just as more of a joke to make the final decision on a purchase :p.

When I go shopping with my Mom, I am always ruining it for her. She picks up a pair of shoes and says they are nice, and I look at them and say "Ya, if your goal is to look like a Genie or something" ... she puts them back and then gives me the eye. She then picks up another pair and I say "leprechaun shoes, maybe when you put them on we can find a pot of gold."

I know it's not exactly the same, but I mean it is sort of similar. Same with candy. If you go for something like a baby bottle pop, someone may say you are to old .. but in reality it's no different than any of the other candy XD.

Also .. ya I like giving my Mom a hard time when she shops, it's just too fun :p

lol :)

It would be nice to be able to go shopping with another AB/DL/Little. I think it would be so much fun.

See, this is the good thing about being 68 or older. Senility makes all the excuses you need. Oh, poor old dude with the teddy bear. He probably needs diapers too!

Last edited:
FluffyMastiff said:
lol :)

It would be nice to be able to go shopping with another AB/DL/Little. I think it would be so much fun.

I am a bit confused now. When I said my mom, I meant my real mom. Not like a caretaker or anything like that o.o.
However, I do agree with you regardless. In fact I love shopping with others, I wish I could do it more often.

Hi sisi hear

I know that felling. My mum told me grown up now and I wasn't able to behave this way anymore.

Spent years trying to be a adult.

Let me to being depressed and I cried a lot.

Important to be yourself and I'm sure your family will except you who you are.

Hope th is is helpfull.

I admit to sometimes thinking that I am too old to be playing with LEGO, MEGA BLOKS, and toy cars and trucks.
But I do those things anyway, just to keep my own sanity.

Sisi, I kind of know how you feel. At the age of six, I became an uncle and was told to grow up and act older to set an example for my nieces and nephews. It just tore me apart. I mean telling a teenager this is expected, but to a six year old who took everything seriously? They even had the guts to say just be yourself after having me deny my true self for so long. Recently I've been planning on growing my hair out again, but everyone in my family is opposed. My grandma freaks out because it is untraditional. My parents think I look like a hobo or slob. My sisters think it is just a hideous look. There I am in the center of all this saying "What ever happened to being just be yourself?"

For me, it kind of is the opposite. I grew up way too early due to my father passing away and was basically an adult by the age of ten, and everybody told me to take things less serious and behave more like my age. I guess that's why now that I can take things lighter I regress way more that what people my age would behave like. When I go shopping with my mum she always points out the cute stuff to me and my grandma encourages me "playing" with dolls (I make clothes for them).

But no matter what, I don't think you can be too old for anything. People always try to behave so grown up, when in reality, everyone just needs a cuddle and a security blanked (seriously. Everybody has something like that.).

I guess it's also a culture thing...here in Germany, girls can behave quite childish and no one bats an eye (for boys it's more difficult, still) while in Italy all the girls are expected to wear make-up and dress like an adult. But in Taiwan, where I have lived for ten months last school year, it's the total opposite: I was 17 at the time, and I was basically treated like a child. My host mum would take my hand when crossing the street, my host grandma would pack my lunch, teachers would draw flowers on my test if I got a good mark and my host dad even gave me a huge teddy bear that I brought back home with me. If someone tells you you're too old for something, that is just the way they have been taught. I wouldn't mind it too much.

Hugs and cuddles,
Kat

brabbit1987 said:
I am a bit confused now. When I said my mom, I meant my real mom. Not like a caretaker or anything like that o.o.
However, I do agree with you regardless. In fact I love shopping with others, I wish I could do it more often.

Sorry, I was rambling on and speaking what was on my mind, that's all.

caitianx said:
I admit to sometimes thinking that I am too old to be playing with LEGO, MEGA BLOKS, and toy cars and trucks.
But I do those things anyway, just to keep my own sanity.

:giggles: I have thousands of dollars of LEGO sets in my living room right now, many of them bought just last year. All of the City Arctic Explorer sets, all of the Jurassic World sets, all of the new Pirate sets, 2 Minecraft sets, 1 house set (but bought 3 of them for the 3 different styles). I also hit up EBay for some old Space Explorer sets. The Research set with the mini TRex, Chemist and Astronomy. ~30-40 mini figures set 14 (I think, has the Hot Dog guy and unicorn). And 2015s Christmas sets.

I don't care what people say, LEGO is for all ages and I will buy them when I want to (If I can afford them, which I couldn't but still did :rolleyes: )

---

Thank You everyone, I feel better now. The support is amazing here. :D

Hate it when that happens, but I try to not take it personally; I know I'm not too old; age is on the inside. :)
I know sometimes I have to pretend to be an adult, but my parents know about me and accept me for who I am; I was really relieved when I finally "came out" to them and they didn't freak out. Dad thinks it's kinda weird but he accepts it and is open minded; mom's always been totally understanding and supportive of it and told me she wished that I'd said something a lot sooner.

Dam that's a lot of lego's I would def be capdivated for hours playing with those, adult or not

pampers4U said:
Dam that's a lot of lego's I would def be capdivated for hours playing with those, adult or not

Not to make you jealous, but it was fun for the 40+ hours (throughout the year plus) :biggrin:

I remember being told by my parents I was too old to sleep with stuffed animals but at a young age though right as I was going to bed one night, my mom just took it away and I had a very hard time falling asleep that night. My sister on the other hand got the exact opposite treatment.
I am pretty sure my parents have seen me sleeping with my plushies recently and have decided not to say anything and to just let me be myself in the confines of my own room.

I think there's this age when people always tell you to "behave like an adult" and expect you to be "normal". When you have just legally turned an adult, people think you automatically switch from kid to grown-up. Also social norms and peer pressure are still a thing, and if you haven't yet overcome that, being different can be pretty difficult. So it's easy to say that you shouldn't mind these people (I know, I did that too ...but then again, I have probably more life experience that the average young adult) when you have already built up a thick skin against meanies, but more difficult to actually do that.

Also, the older you get, the less people will try to tell you what to do with your personal life. Yay for privacy!

dogboy said:
See, this is the good thing about being 68 or older. Senility makes all the excuses you need. Oh, poor old dude with the teddy bear. He probably needs diapers too!

So what are you saying?

Growing older is something we all have to deal with, there is only one alternative, I don't want to go there.

On the other hand do what makes you feel good. I am only starting to understand the need for that now. I have missed out on too many years of being happy. I will do what I desire if it makes me happy. Sleeping with a plushie is one of them, sleeping in footie sleepers with a pullup or diaper is another. I was thinking today what will people think if I were to die and they had to clean out my house? Would it matter? I would be dead.

Be yourself, accept yourself. To answer dogboy, I like that logic.

Actually....if I can master my energy to unleash my full potential, it is quite possible that I could find a way to stop aging....I dunno if I'd want to be immortal forever....it would be interesting though to be forever 21 years old. I still pass as a teenager; average height, kinda skinny/scrawney. I think the ability I would have to develop would probably be Biokinesis; then I'd have to learn how to focus it on stunting my aging gene and growth hormones.

Another possibility would be teleportation; theoretically I could have a long conversation with my Subconscious before phasing into pure energy where then my Superconscious mind would be the one in charge of re-assembling my particles at the target location, taking feedback from my Subconscious, which knows exactly how my body is supposed to be aligned and arranged, and which can also offer suggestions for improvments on my body, such as erasing scar tissues, or improving my senses and rejuvenating my immune system; theoretically if mastered I could reassemble my body on the other side at an even younger age than I already am; like a twelve year old's body or something like that....in fact, there's a possibility if I ever gain the bare minimum energy efficiency to begin teleporting myself that my subconscious mind would reflexively tell my superconscious mind that I really am a lot younger than this body.....holy shit....what if I came out a two year old?! .....That'd suck....I'd just be like stuck in the middle of nowhere. Scary thought. XD

- - - Updated - - -

Haha...my mind's a trip. XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back