Have you ever been caught by your kids?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eagle1

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I have 2 children, ages 2 and 5. I fear that one of these days, they might catch me wearing, changing, or get sneaky (like kids tend to do) and find my stash. I don't think I'd have to worry much about my younger son, but my older would have questions for sure since we pushed the whole potty training thing on him lol. Also, if he were to find out, who would he tell? 5 year old tend to have big mouths. But anyway, I don't wear all the time, but it's just a fear I have.

Has anyone ever been caught by their child? How did they react? How did you handle it?

I do everything possible to keep this part hidden from my kids (6 and 10 years old). It is none of their business, and I wouldn't put them or myself in that position. If it means I can't wear until they go to bed or are out of the house, then so be it. Their needs and security come first.

I agree, this was just a question. Like if you wear to bed, and they come over in the middle of the night and catch you, not much you can do then. My kids and their needs always come first. Sorry if I gave the impression that they don't.

number one, I hate the term stash. They aren't an illegal drug or a bunch of firearms. The FBI is not going to raid your house nor is DCF going to come take your kids away because they found some adult diapers in Dads closet. If your kids look in your closet they aren't going to fixate on your underwear or a bag of adult diapers. Remember, your the one who is into them........ they could care less. I keep my diapers on a shelf in the basement, in a storage room. They are not hidden but not out in the open, just with the rest of the toiletry supplies like toilet paper and paper towels. Granted I dont have printed diapers just plain white or blue ones in plain ordinary looking packages. Nothing kids would be interested in.

As for not wearing in front of them....... I dont know about you, but my kids have never asked me what color underwear I am wearing. Just put some pants on over your diaper and you will be fine. Don't wear just your diaper around the house. Put normal clothing on over your diaper...... and they wont notice.

When I go to bed I wear shorts or pajamas over my diaper so if I have to get up in the middle of the night or if one of my kids come into my bed its never a problem.

Just treat your diaper like underwear. You would not go modeling them to your children either.

This is what I am wearing tonight:

24087557850_886ca3bb3c_n.jpg

A nightingale adult diaper with my angry birds PJs over them. The PJs my kids got me for Christmas. You will not be able to see the diaper under the PJs.

attends10 said:

A nightingale adult diaper with my angry birds PJs over them. The PJs my kids got me for Christmas. You will not be able to see the diaper under the PJs.

But they will probably hear your diaper crinkle. Kids are pretty observent and logical. This is my biggest issue with wearing.

Although I'm no father or not even married yet, I am the uncle to seven kids. One time when I slept in and was padded up, my nieces (two are 6 and one is 4), crept into my room to wake me up. I am glad I was wearing my robe as well that morning. It luckily hid the bulge of my protection.

Cole said:
But they will probably hear your diaper crinkle. Kids are pretty observent and logical. This is my biggest issue with wearing.

That is also my fear. My 2 year old won't notice, but my ever curious/observant 5 year old is. If I wear jeans over them, they aren't heard unless you really listen, but pajama pants are a different thing.

- - - Updated - - -

attends10 said:
number one, I hate the term stash. They aren't an illegal drug or a bunch of firearms. The FBI is not going to raid your house nor is DCF going to come take your kids away because they found some adult diapers in Dads closet. If your kids look in your closet they aren't going to fixate on your underwear or a bag of adult diapers. Remember, your the one who is into them........ they could care less. I keep my diapers on a shelf in the basement, in a storage room. They are not hidden but not out in the open, just with the rest of the toiletry supplies like toilet paper and paper towels. Granted I dont have printed diapers just plain white or blue ones in plain ordinary looking packages. Nothing kids would be interested in.

As for not wearing in front of them....... I dont know about you, but my kids have never asked me what color underwear I am wearing. Just put some pants on over your diaper and you will be fine. Don't wear just your diaper around the house. Put normal clothing on over your diaper...... and they wont notice.

When I go to bed I wear shorts or pajamas over my diaper so if I have to get up in the middle of the night or if one of my kids come into my bed its never a problem.

Just treat your diaper like underwear. You would not go modeling them to your children either.

Now I'm assuming you won't have older kids come into your room at night, but what if when they are older, they get snoopy and ask about your collection? It's hard to explain to them why you want to wear them if you don't need them. Things I have to prepare for. Lol

Cole said:

True these diapers are a bit crinkley but with boxer briefs over them and then my pajamas..... they really aren't that loud. Kids are observant and logical...... but dont forget... plastic backed diapers haven't been made for kids in 20 years. My kids have no idea that a plastic backed diaper crinkles and I have never been asked. Just use a little common sense and you will be ok.

As for older kids finding your "collection" like I said mine are in plain sight. Top shelf in the basement, never been asked. Even if I was asked, its OK to politely say "that really is none of your business nor anything you have to worry about". Again, I can understand being embarrassed but a bag of attends is not anything like a stash of cocaine. Just dont make it a big deal, like hiding them in a secret stash" and they wont think its a big deal.

My Kids has always seen diapers around the house so they new from n early age i wore but never asked about it.

My kids haven't figured it out yet, but I'm discrete and they are young. I figure they will eventually catch on. But my OAB is bad enough that I can honestly say that I need them at night and sometimes during the day. But even if someone can't say that, what the heck, we lie to our kids about all sorts of things, either for their own good or for our own fun (Santa anyone?) If you are wearing because you just want to then one option is to come up with a simple fib combined with a that's-a-private-thing-that-we-don't-talk-about. Alternately, you can try to be pretty open about it as a way to teach your kids to accept people for exactly who they are. But i think the risk in that case is that they might become DLs because they may want to emulate you.

I wear around the house with my kids around. But i do cover up. I also wear to bed but again i where sleeping shorts.
When i get up in the morning i put a shirt on and then go do breakfast. For me kids aren't that observant. They are so busy in their little worlds that nothing else matters to them. as long as their needs are met they don't care.

I have just started wearing cloth nappies to bed. so their is more of a bulge but my kids havent noticed, or they have noticed and haven't said anything.

It all comes down to this. Do you bring attention to yourself and your nappies, or do you carry on as normal. If you carry on as normal, no one will notice. I learned that when going out in public for the first time.

My two cents worth.

I think that is the key to having kids don't do the potty training with the whole diapers are for babies thing and have some in plain sight so they are a familiar object in their environment and they never even feel the need to question them they are as normal as the couch or TV, I admit I am a widower who has never had children not because I would not love them but as an abundance of caution and love that this genetic disease is not passed on by me, this disease was never even on the radar when I made the decision if ever able I would adopt so that I did not pass along things I new existed in my birth family, my friends and doctors told me "you are making a mountain out of a mole hill" just have them love them like you do all people and everything will be fine, we'll full stop that as of ten years ago when that switched to thank you for your sacrifice, they all have kids and I love them and I am the adopted uncle, I cared for my grandparents and my Mom until her death yet I have to hire an aide and try and instill in them what I would like as in everything that we take for granted the temperature the light my blankets music everyday things that someday soon I will not be able to do or say. Probably should not have unloaded in this thread but this is very hard time of the year for me, especially being without kids of my own who would have known these things and benefitted from having me around but the cards fell entirely wrong and I lost my wife young, and adoption would never happen for a single father who was always on call or duty until this time bomb called DNA went off,yes I worked hard at a job that I loved for not alot of money and would go right back to it if I could,instead I became a liability and had to retire and go on compassionate disability, my Mom was an incredible woman who deserved a legacy in grandchildren to carry her family name,instead when I die I take both my birth family name into the ground and my adopted family name I am the end of both thru nobody's fault but a twist of fate.

• Sad
Reactions: furry121
Dlbychoice said:
I wear around the house with my kids around. But i do cover up. I also wear to bed but again i where sleeping shorts.
When i get up in the morning i put a shirt on and then go do breakfast. For me kids aren't that observant. They are so busy in their little worlds that nothing else matters to them. as long as their needs are met they don't care.

I have just started wearing cloth nappies to bed. so their is more of a bulge but my kids havent noticed, or they have noticed and haven't said anything.

It all comes down to this. Do you bring attention to yourself and your nappies, or do you carry on as normal. If you carry on as normal, no one will notice. I learned that when going out in public for the first time.

My two cents worth.

Thank you. I do not draw attention to myself in any way. Example, we went out and played in the snow yesterday while I was diapered. Didn't act different, nor do I ever when wearing.

I have two daughters. When one of them was very young (3-4) she came into my bed at about 5:00 am. I was only wearing a diaper. I was half asleep when she picked up the blanket and said "Daddy, why are you wearing a diaper?". I just ignored... I also remember once mentioning to my Mother and sisters something like "Daddy's diapers"... they laughed and it was never brought up again.

About a month ago my daughter was in a terrible car accident and after the surgery was put into diapers because she could not move. My daughter complained about those cheap leaky hospital diapers. My wife (who knows everything) said we could bring some of Dad's diapers... I changed colors. My daughter was nice enough to tell her Mom off for "kink-shaming" me. We never discussed it again

Sorry for hearing about her getting into an accident. I hope she is better now.

I hide my diapers and are discreet about me wearing and using diapers. However at some point my kid will figure out that the white cloth hanging to dry outside are diapers, He already knows and have seen my plastic pants which my wife explained to him, that some me tend to leak and therefore have to wear plastic pants......I didn't comment on that.
someday He will ask me about the diapers and why I wear them, hopefully he will understand when that time comes and help keep it as secretly as possible,

I have 4 and 1 year olds. The younger one is of course still oblivious. The older one is very curious and very talkative. I'm afraid of him finding out - and I kinda think he has suspicions already. I've had moments where I've worn in the house (covered and discrete) where I think he's partially wondered where the crinkle noise was coming from. And he's also shown up in bed with us when I was just wearing s diaper - luckily he's never felt it or noticed it that I know of.
I recently made a decision to be more discrete around the house and my son.
I'm not too worried about teaching him about diapers - that they're not only for babies and that it's a private thing if people wear them. I'm not worried about blaming mine on Bedwetting or something.
My biggest worry has to do with him not being discrete around OTHER people once he happens to find out. I'm not "out" except to a few people and I really need to keep it that way.
Kids are a huge gift. And they complicate life a whole lot!

cm90210 said:
I have 4 and 1 year olds. The younger one is of course still oblivious. The older one is very curious and very talkative. I'm afraid of him finding out - and I kinda think he has suspicions already. I've had moments where I've worn in the house (covered and discrete) where I think he's partially wondered where the crinkle noise was coming from. And he's also shown up in bed with us when I was just wearing s diaper - luckily he's never felt it or noticed it that I know of.
I recently made a decision to be more discrete around the house and my son.
I'm not too worried about teaching him about diapers - that they're not only for babies and that it's a private thing if people wear them. I'm not worried about blaming mine on Bedwetting or something.
My biggest worry has to do with him not being discrete around OTHER people once he happens to find out. I'm not "out" except to a few people and I really need to keep it that way.
Kids are a huge gift. And they complicate life a whole lot!

I couldn't agree more. My biggest fear is them finding out and telling someone. Kids tend speak their minds, no filter.

- - - Updated - - -

Tetra said:
I think that is the key to having kids don't do the potty training with the whole diapers are for babies thing and have some in plain sight so they are a familiar object in their environment and they never even feel the need to question them they are as normal as the couch

I just think that when they get older, they will question it. I think it's better to not tell them about it unless they find out and ask about it. Then I will be truthful. I'm not going to make sobering up.

Actually I can say it's not just kids at had a serious medical problem a couple of years ago that when I was recovering I told my doctor I need to go back to third grade because every sentence was littered with swear words, he said not to worry everybody who has gone thru this has it happen it just takes time to regain that filter and now almost three years later I am more or less back to "normal" with a language filter,however I do say exactly what's on my mind now , I never leave anything unspoken, when you literally almost leave this world and realize wow so much was unsaid to so many people,I have that rare second chance I will not have any regrets this time around.

Peace

Yes, she is getting much better now. thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back