Status
Not open for further replies.

Schwanensee

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
Hi guys!

Today I realized again how great my (birth)mum is. I haven't told her anything about my little side, and I don't really plan to, but I guess I don't need to hide it either...
This is the story: Today I was eating my dinner in my room, so I used a children's knife and fork (my mum was busy while I prepared it and thus didn't question me). I had kind of planned to wash it later while she was out and about, but then she calls me to bring my plate to wash it. What to do? I couldn't very well just bring the plate and not any cutlery, could I? But then I thought, well, sod it, I'll just bring it with the plate.

Can you guess my mum's reaction? "Aww, did the little kid have to eat with children's cutlery?" (This sounds way stranger in English than it did in German). I guess she's used to me behaving rather childish and stuff, and put it off as just another eccentric behaviour of mine.

But seriously, I bet I could use a pacifier openly if I just told her that it helped with my migraines (which it kind of does, I guess it distracts me or something).

So, here's my question for you: Can any of you "hide in plain sight" like this? At home or anywhere else? Looking forward to your stories :)

Hugs,
Kat

As for my childish behavior yes. My parents used to think I had down syndrome. Although I didn't, I did have some developmental issues. As for wearing a diaper and the waddling, well it is mixed. They don't know I wear them, but they know these two things. I've had recent issues with bedwetting and bowel movements. I have a disproportionalized left leg which is longer and causes me to hobble. I think my mom knows about my life style though. One night I was padded up thickly, wearing my favorite pajamas, when I semi woke up to her entering my room to check up on me. She still does this even though I'm 19. That night however, she rubbed my back, but what she did next worried me. She patted my padded rear. I am rather sure she heard the faint crinkle because she murmured "if only you were still my little baby," and left the room. Ever since, she has been calling me 'baby'. Thing is, being the youngest, I am unsure if it is because I'm her last kid or because she knows. She has been asking about possible depression recently, so maybe she thinks I'm depressed and this is how I'm coping.

I use the small cutlery all the time, but this is preference. The small stuff just fits my giant hands better somehow. I'm sure if I got smaller childish ones they wouldn't say much about.

It doesn't sound strange at all, to me anyway.

silentdreamer1996 said:
As for my childish behavior yes. My parents used to think I had down syndrome. Although I didn't, I did have some developmental issues. As for wearing a diaper and the waddling, well it is mixed. They don't know I wear them, but they know these two things. I've had recent issues with bedwetting and bowel movements. I have a disproportionalized left leg which is longer and causes me to hobble. I think my mom knows about my life style though. One night I was padded up thickly, wearing my favorite pajamas, when I semi woke up to her entering my room to check up on me. She still does this even though I'm 19. That night however, she rubbed my back, but what she did next worried me. She patted my padded rear. I am rather sure she heard the faint crinkle because she murmured "if only you were still my little baby," and left the room. Ever since, she has been calling me 'baby'. Thing is, being the youngest, I am unsure if it is because I'm her last kid or because she knows. She has been asking about possible depression recently, so maybe she thinks I'm depressed and this is how I'm coping.

I'm also the youngest kid, I guess our mums will always think of us as their little babies. Usually, if I show interest in baby things, my mum thinks it's because I want to have kids myself (which I do) or because my cousin has a 18 month old son and I totally love him. She then either tells me that I'm too young to have a baby or that my cousin's son has enough things xD

I don't wear diapers and my mum doesn't come into my room at night, so I'm safe in that aspect...I can explain a pacifier or baby bottle as being soothing, but I don't think she would accept me wearing diapers (which I don't really find that appealing, anyway).

I think you can safely presume that even if she found out about you wearing diapers, she doesn't mind or she would have confronted you. So lucky you, I guess^^

Hugs and cuddles,
Kat

I am pretty sure that my whole family knows that I sleep with my plushies at night. I know my mom has caught me sleeping with them because sometimes she will come into my room to wake me up sometimes and one morning one of my plushies was in full view. I think they just let me be and they probably think that it is weird that I do this but I think it is all good as long as I keep it in my room.

I always sleep with my plushies and they live on our bed. I know my oldest son has seen them. One time he had his son, our grandson, run something into our house, I guess returning something, and he left it on my big teddy bear. Sometimes you just have to say, "Oh well" and go with the flow.

Add one more for sleeping with stuffed animals (or I guess everyone calls them plushies here?), I did it even through college. I actually just never stopped (although I didn't think to link it to being little until coming to this site, I just like sleeping with them!). My official excuse to my college roommates/friends was it helped prevent my arm from going numb (the beds there were kinda hard and I sleep on my side, sometimes I would wake up and not be able to feel or move my arm at all). It actually did help, but regardless I would still want to sleep with them. Also my family gave me several stuffed animals when I went away, I guess I was kinda already known by then as liking stuffed animals as a kid.

Seug said:
Add one more for sleeping with stuffed animals (or I guess everyone calls them plushies here?), I did it even through college. I actually just never stopped (although I didn't think to link it to being little until coming to this site, I just like sleeping with them!). My official excuse to my college roommates/friends was it helped prevent my arm from going numb (the beds there were kinda hard and I sleep on my side, sometimes I would wake up and not be able to feel or move my arm at all). It actually did help, but regardless I would still want to sleep with them. Also my family gave me several stuffed animals when I went away, I guess I was kinda already known by then as liking stuffed animals as a kid.

I didn't think to add stuffed animals because they just seem so normal to me xD I have this huge teddy bear that my host dad in Taiwan gave me which is almost too big to hug in my sleep (it would kinda suffocate me, with the paci and all), a dragon that has perfect cuddle proportions and a panda. I just sleep so much better with them, and, being a side sleeper, I totally understand the numb arm problem. When I travel, I usually take a pillow with me since I'm afraid the plushies would get damaged.

I also get away with "playing" with dolls ever since I started making new dresses for them out of left-over fabric. Being creative is great^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back