Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ponies Thread(WARNING: BUT HURT)

Default Ponies Thread(WARNING: BUT HURT)

OK so I'm going to first say that this isn't a troll post. I would call it orcing(I stole that word). Trolling is when you try to mad others mad, while orcing is saying something knowing it might make others mad but isn't the intent.

So if you haven't noticed I love MLP, but I don't affiliate with being a Brony based on the soul fact that most are sensitive hypocrites and are just generally annoying. Also after re watching some episodes, I can see the major flaws in writing and conflicting messages. So it's really just another overly rated, brightly colored cartoon.

Now the purpose of this thread is for others to either agree or disagree and say why. It's meant to be a respectable conversation between adults, and if you can't handle that then GTFO.

Quote Originally Posted by BabyBambi View Post
    OK so I'm going to first say that this isn't a troll post. I would call it orcing(I stole that word). Trolling is when you try to mad others mad, while orcing is saying something knowing it might make others mad but isn't the intent.

So if you haven't noticed I love MLP, but I don't affiliate with being a Brony based on the soul fact that most are sensitive hypocrites and are just generally annoying. Also after re watching some episodes, I can see the major flaws in writing and conflicting messages. So it's really just another overly rated, brightly colored cartoon.

Now the purpose of this thread is for others to either agree or disagree and say why. It's meant to be a respectable conversation between adults, and if you can't handle that then GTFO.
    I still love MLP:FIM. I don't watch it as religiously as I did when I first got into it - partly because it's been taken of YT and it's not so easy to find, so atm I watch it when I get a chance to see it on TinyPop here in the UK. Yeah it's true, some episodes aren't as well written as others, and with an adults eye you can see flaws in stories or messages which seem over-simplified or whatever... (for instance I thought The Cutie Map from S5 seemed too much like a re-hash of Harrison Bergernon.) Be fair though it is 1) a show for kids and 2) show any program that runs for 117 eps and doesn't have ups and downs - hell a series of 6 eps will have ups and downs.

I never participated in Brony fandom, because I'm not the fandom type. I don't self identify as a Brony on-line, because that has (rightly or wrongly) become too associated with MRAs / entitled nerd boys. I suspect that's an unfair stereotype, just as calling most Bronies sensitive hypocrites and generally annoying would be, but it's not a fight I feel the need to have with passing strangers.

When I call Bronies sensitive hypocrites and annoying, I dont speak of everyone but I do speak with experience though. What I found wrong with the show is there are conflicting messages e.g, how the friends handle each other, sometimes one way is perfectly ok but when other implement it, their too harsh( can't remember Ep.). Also the characters are EXTREMELY flat and stereotypical.

When I call Bronies sensitive hypocrites and annoying, I dont speak of everyone but I do speak with experience though. What I found wrong with the show is there are conflicting messages e.g, how the friends handle each other, sometimes one way is perfectly ok but when other implement it, their too harsh( can't remember Ep.). Also the characters are EXTREMELY flat and stereotypical.
    Of course the characters are flat - it's a cartoon mate! That's you're problem there...

Yet ironically so many in the fandom see differently. The praise the characters and are blinded from bad writing and other conundrums.

First, you put "Warning: But hurt" in the title, then say it's a respectable conversation between adults. I don't know much about the MLP series, but from what I've heard it's had a shift in demographic. It's gone from being a show solely for kids where everything is oversimplified to a show that attempts to appease an older audience while still entertaining the younger audience. I'd wager there are a lot of inconsistencies between shows and seasons. I'm still not sure what you mean by 'sensitive hypocrites'. From what I've seen they mainly stay in there own cliques and others invade them leading to basic retaliation. I can't deny that I find some of the members annoying, but not any moreso than other groups of people.

When I say that they are hypocrites it's because they dont practice what they preach. They preach "love and tolerance" but shun the the every living fuck out of cloppers or any one with an opposing idea. And the title is satire, and its there to ward off those who are easily offend by nominal shit. When I say to act like adults, people like to get mad on their PCs and will often refute any counter argument, basically resorting to I'm right you're wrong BS.

MarchinBunny

Well, I certainly do like MLP:FiM, though I wouldn't necessarily call myself a brony. However, I think you are over generalizing here bit, I can't imagine all bronies are hypocrites. At least not any more than what you would find elsewhere.

Is the shows writing a little bad at times? Sure. But regardless it's still pretty fun and enjoyable to watch. I don't like to over analyze shows because it's just stupid to do that. It's a cartoon so who cares.

Quote Originally Posted by brabbit1987 View Post
    Well, I certainly do like MLP:FiM, though I wouldn't necessarily call myself a brony. However, I think you are over generalizing here bit, I can't imagine all bronies are hypocrites. At least not any more than what you would find elsewhere.

Is the shows writing a little bad at times? Sure. But regardless it's still pretty fun and enjoyable to watch. I don't like to over analyze shows because it's just stupid to do that. It's a cartoon so who cares.
    I agree I just watch to watch but ever since a friend pointed something out its been there in my head. By no means do I generalize, I speak from experience of those who've I've met. I didn't say that all are this way but those who are end up killing the community for all.

I agree I just watch to watch but ever since a friend pointed something out its been there in my head. By no means do I generalize, I speak from experience of those who've I've met. I didn't say that all are this way but those who are end up killing the community for all.
    You're generalizing in the post saying you don't generalize.

But laughs aside, it's fine to feel how you do. Personally, I like the show and I've met some really good people through the brony community. What I'd like to ask you, actually, is why you wanted to talk about it. That is, what motivated you to make this thread?