I'm so excited! ...It looks lika a great nappy is back!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
So get this, I was just looking at SaveExpress and there's something 'new' from Tena. They're called Tena Slip Active Fits but they're basically Classic Tena Slips re-incarnated and re-incarnated well! SaveExpress says they're PVC and they know there stuff and by the look of them the wings are plastic as well - this is of course even better than the first re-do of the Classic Tenas that remained plastic-backed, It's so recent you'll all know but - so-called - Tena Slip Originals are plastic-backed with cloth wings and velcro fastenings. Now as I've just said it looks like these Active Fits have plastic wings, unfortunately the legendary tape-landing-zone hasn't returned and the tapes are now those double tapes, (you know) those repositioney ones that users of Molicares (classic (RIP) and cloth-backed), UK Attends (and possibly American Attends) and iD Experts will be very much familiar with.

I may not need to worry about this other potensial issue but before I bought some UK Attends I bought - without due care and attension - some UK Attends Actives. They were the most absorbitive of the Active UK Attends but the absorbency was not that good! I do know why this: Any adult nappy with an Active branding is going to be for a user - and we're talking someone who's not in the world of ABDLI(nfantilism) - who can and will sometimes make it to the toilet, either un-aided or with help. The nappies for bed-ridden or in-active non ABDLI people are - of course - going to have fantastic absorbency. So you see now that's why I'm worried these Tena Active Fits may be thin and not very good with large amounts of urine!

Tena are a very good company though - even though I've never tried them I'm going to say Abena are the best for absorbensy (I've heard enough postive feedback schpeels) and carry on (Fabines are actually the most absorbant on the planet but they're a for-ABDL brand and hard to get hold of!) - with nappy-absobtion that makes them very memorable for all the right reasons...meaning these may be Active branded nappies that maybe shouldn't so quickly be wacked with the AVOID! stamp.
I always hoped Tena would come to their senses...it looks like maybe...just maybe...they have! bringmesunshine

Yep they are coming back! Slightly different to the old version but feel pretty much the same. They have the same print on the outside as the current Confio Air version which is what we have in the UK at the moment. They should be available by the middle of March in the UK.

JoJo1993 said:
Yep they are coming back! Slightly different to the old version but feel pretty much the same. They have the same print on the outside as the current Confio Air version which is what we have in the UK at the moment. They should be available by the middle of March in the UK.

"They should be available by the middle of March in the UK" - Wow! That's fantastic news...I didn't know they'd be available here in March, thanks for informing! bringmesunshine

Will they be available in the USA?

I just bought three packs of Originals :eek: I hope they are what I hoped...
Tena makes the best diapers though! No matter what, I always like their products, they never fail..! Or at least not until now! dun dun dunnnn!!

That's great news, although I still have plenty of stock from before they changed I will eventually run out. The ID slip would have been my permanent replacement, they are very good nappies but I prefer the slim fit of the Tenas which no other manufacturer does.

- - - Updated - - -

Of course it would be interesting JoJo to know the number of cloth backed vs plastic backed that are sold. That would surely show which type people prefer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back