Still struggling with wet nights

Status
Not open for further replies.
DrumMajor said:
I am a music education major; best decision i ever made! My ultimate goal is to become a marching band / symphonic wind band conductor for a large university. Ive got a long way to go but even the best started out somehow! Im learning trumpet right now in my brass methods class and since my primary instrument is a woodwind, making a sound on a brass instrument is such a foreign concept. Just means I have to lock myself in the practice room even longer haha

Nice. I Had similar goals for a while, but I've also considered doing some vocal/choral studies. Now that I have been working with horses I am considering that though, since I don't think I have the talent. My passions are music and science, but I find they both drive me to insanity. Equations for hours, days of finger picking prices, practicing and eventually making MORE mistakes because of perfectionism. Then eventually give up. I quit for two years being unable to perfect a peice. At this point I just want to give my violin a nice tuning and bow along carefree and happy. I know I'll never be a Heifez and that's ok. For people who are able to produce music and NOT let it drive them insane... The envy I have and I applaud you.

Hipster said:
Nice. I Had similar goals for a while, but I've also considered doing some vocal/choral studies. Now that I have been working with horses I am considering that though, since I don't think I have the talent. My passions are music and science, but I find they both drive me to insanity. Equations for hours, days of finger picking prices, practicing and eventually making MORE mistakes because of perfectionism. Then eventually give up. I quit for two years being unable to perfect a peice. At this point I just want to give my violin a nice tuning and bow along carefree and happy. I know I'll never be a Heifez and that's ok. For people who are able to produce music and NOT let it drive them insane... The envy I have and I applaud you.

Im actually also involved in the choral program at my school (wish it was more since everything between instrumental and choir conflict with each other time-wise) but singing is also such a great activity.
in terms of perfectionism, I am as well. There may or may not be some marks on the practice room walls from where I banged my head in frustration... :wallbash:

Well, for the past three weeks I felt like I was sweating down there every night. I just realized during my shower this morning that wasn't sweat...I knew I had some nights where I actually wet the bed, but the other nights I only thought I was sweating. Makes sense since I was burning up at night.

I dont know if this helps or not, but it is a lot better to have a wet diaper/nappy than a wet bed. As a child and was trying my best to avoid having to go back to wearing a nappy I never used to admit that I had a wet bed. It got so bad that the matress was soaked and only the pillow area was dry so I slept there untill I wet that part of the bed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back