Absorbency Plus diaper

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamiejamie

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Wow. I had just received my order from XP Medical. The Absorbency Plus Large Diaper is bit too big for me. Goes up past my belly button and halfway up my back. I have a 36 inch waist, weigh 200 lbs. Maybe it'll hold more. Gotta wear Gary pants to prevent leaks since its so big.

They are a great diaper, I just wish they would put some leak guards in them.

Agreed I have a lot of issues with leaking when I'm sitting down. They like to leak around the back of the legs. I know his is a common problem when sitting with any diaper but In those that have the standing leak guard I usually have less leaks.

No leak guards is the most common criticism of these diapers. But for the price, and the capacity, it's difficult to get too upset over it. How much more would you be willing to pay for leak guards? At that point you'd basically have an Abena Xplus (PE) level 3. Compare cost.

The level 4 is my daytime diaper. I've had very few leaks since wearing them. Been wearing them since they
first came out. No leak guards doesn't bother me. I'm not a flooding type wetter.

The lack of leak guards leaves me uneasy. I finally did push one to leak when I was home, but I think any comparable diaper would have failed there as well. I think they work very well for the price, although the tapes aren't good.

I've never had a problem with the tapes, they tend to stay down and don't break or separate from the back for me. The lack of leak guards is somewhat made up for by the fairly wide crotch and the very fast and effective wicking and absorbency.

bambinod said:
I've never had a problem with the tapes, they tend to stay down and don't break or separate from the back for me. The lack of leak guards is somewhat made up for by the fairly wide crotch and the very fast and effective wicking and absorbency.

The tapes are strong and don't break from the diaper but the adhesive doesn't go the distance. They feel very sticky and reliable when first attached but too frequently lose their grip after a few hours.

These diapers have a good cost to absorbency ratio but like most thick diapers they are more made for pee than poop. I have also found the a mess will leak out behind the legs. Somewhere there is a youtube video of an a absorbency test on these..... it was impressive as I recall. I will post link once I find it.

These must be my least favourite diapers.
It is because the filling clumps when it gets wet, and soon just collapses into lumps :( Not Comfortable!

It was like 2 years ago when I first tried these, though. Maybe they've got better? I don't know.
But anyway, the absorbency does not help when the filling just rolls off into one place.

Here is the absorbency test video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZwsTVfUVP0
As you can see, it just collapsed in the video, too and the test had to be concluded on another individual diaper.

I have ordered the level 4 on multiple occasions recently for my bed wetting and my only real complaint is that sometimes the tapes are a bit of a pain to get undone. I never really had a problem with leaking. So the absence of a leak guard never really bothered me.

Piefox said:
I have ordered the level 4 on multiple occasions recently for my bed wetting and my only real complaint is that sometimes the tapes are a bit of a pain to get undone. I never really had a problem with leaking. So the absence of a leak guard never really bothered me.

Yeah those tapes do play for keeps! I usually end up ripping a wing down the side to remove them.

(love that avatar - who's it by? too small to read the sig)

bambinod said:
Yeah those tapes do play for keeps! I usually end up ripping a wing down the side to remove them.

(love that avatar - who's it by? too small to read the sig)

Yeah there were a few times I ripped the tape clear off and cussed a bit under my breath while grabbing the tape.

The avatar was made for me by Kalida on FurAffinaty I have had it for a while it is still one of my favorites. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back