The annoying part about diapers

Status
Not open for further replies.

BayB8

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
So I just got my first package of Abena M4. This is my second time actually buying good diapers. First time was when I bought a few sample packs of Bambinos. I must say I think I like M4 much better though. I don't know what it is but they just seem to feel better.

Anyway, I think the most annoying part about wearing diapers with tabs is when I accidently pull the lower tabs too tight to the point where it is uncomfortable. I either have to deal with it or change into a new one, but If I change into a new one there is a diaper wasted. I find the Tabs on the M4 are sop strong that they rip the diaper. Unless I'm attaching the tabs in the wrong place. Does anyone ever have this issue?

Yes they can be difficult. I've ruined some Abenas before. Still trying to find a diaper with good refastenable tapes.

That's why O always try to use diapers with re-sealable tabs. In this case, stretch the diaper out before you put it on. "Attach" it without using the tabs and then when you think you have a good fit, then use the tabs. Many members here use small pieces of duct tape to "save" the diaper when the tapes don't work right.

zipperless said:
That's why O always try to use diapers with re-sealable tabs. In this case, stretch the diaper out before you put it on. "Attach" it without using the tabs and then when you think you have a good fit, then use the tabs. Many members here use small pieces of duct tape to "save" the diaper when the tapes don't work right.

Damn it why have I never thought about using duct tape when I've had these issues with diapers. I've always just got frustrated and angry and then thrown it away. Such a simple solution why didn't I get it before lol!

Yeah, I've noticed that a bit of the sticky part on the "redo" tabs on the Abena 4s will overflow the original tab and you will always rip the diaper plastic no matter how careful you are.

However, what I've found can work for the 4s if you find the need to loosen one of the attach points is you can go a few inches onto the diaper plastic from the tape (on the wing that the tape is attached to) and carefully give little stretches every little bit. Don't stretch too much that you'll significantly weaken the plastic to the point of tearing or potentially breaking though, and you may need more than one, but if you're careful and only stretch it a little bit you may be able to loosen it up just enough to be satisfactory.

I use Tena Flex Maxi on my girl.
Refastenable tabs, very absorbent and she looks great in them.

Well, she'd look great in a burlap sack, but she looks very diapered in them, let me put it like that.

zipperless said:
"Attach" it without using the tabs and then when you think you have a good fit, then use the tabs.

That's a great idea. I do it to some extent. The tricky part is figuring out what that "good fit" feels like. I swear it's different on every diaper. (Or maybe I should just wear more diapers.)

ClickyKeys said:
Yeah, I've noticed that a bit of the sticky part on the "redo" tabs on the Abena 4s will overflow the original tab and you will always rip the diaper plastic no matter how careful you are.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that destroys the -4 taking it off. I tried using the redo tabs once and that was it... perfect fit or bust, man.

Oh, I'm sure we've all destroyed a few diapers in our time (except maybe the cloth only babies). What I do is stretch out the diaper, lie down on it, position it how I like it, then bring up and fasten the lower tape first so I know it's right. Then I'll do the upper tape same side, then adjust the other side so that it's just right, and again lower tape first then upper tape. Works pretty well the vast majority of the time.

Generally I just throw a diaper away if I rip it. It is good to keep a roll of tape in your to-go bag for such occasions. I dont worry about taking my diaper off and putting it on because my diaper only comes off after it is wet, messy, and unusable.

[video=youtube_share;pc-ozxHRJHw]https://youtu.be/pc-ozxHRJHw[/video]

The M-4s I also often get the lower tapes too tight but find I can stretch the leg openings a bit to sit comfortably without re-taping them as the plastic is of good quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back