Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How was your day?

Default How was your day?

Thought I'd start this, see how far it got.

Very mixed day today: Seahawks move up a notch in the NFC playoffs, face the Panthers next week. Boy, we lucked out: 10-9, Seahawks...seconds left on the 4th Quarter clock, Vikings got 4th down, close enough to try for a 3-pointer, it looked like we were surely going home...Vikings' kicker put too much right English on the kick, it went left and missed. We won, I swear I saw Richard Sherman cry.

That makes two of us: my last grandparent, a grandma, died early today from complications of a stroke. 93 years old, healthy right up to the end. So I went to be with my daughter, my son-in-law and 3 granddaughters. It helped a lot, the Seahawks win helped a little.

An era is over. I'll miss you, Gramma Ida. Rest Peacefully.

I'm sorry for your loss. You seem to be handling it well and I'm sure spending time with your family helps all of you cope.

As for my day, it was rather boring. It rained a little before turning to ice and snow. When the roads get bad I only leave the house if I have to so that pretty much left me stuck at home and somewhat stir crazy. Now it's 12:30 AM and I'm not a bit tired which doesn't bode well for waking up at 6:30 for work.

Uh-oh, hope you can get some rest eventually. Sleepless nights suck. Badly.

Thanks for your condolences, I do greatly appreciate them. It's been a day...

My sincerest appogoligies (I promise I can spell! My phone won't let me change it )for your loss. I remember when I lost my grandma it was very hard.

My day has been rough. I recently admitted to myself I am transgender. Haven't told anyone. Haven't really come to grips with it myself. I've not slept well or for very long in a couple days. Been having anexity attacks and in a fog. But in the same respect I'm am happy to be able to deal with it somehow..

Thanks, and boy, do I hear that. Anxiety attacks are the worst uninspired Hell one can go through. 23 years' experience. And you'd probably get along real well with a friend of mine who's a post-op transgender, let me know if you'd like to connect with her and I'll arrange something. She has a very unique story and perspective, she's a great friend and a great human being.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoorf View Post
    Thanks, and boy, do I hear that. Anxiety attacks are the worst uninspired Hell one can go through. 23 years' experience. And you'd probably get along real well with a friend of mine who's a post-op transgender, let me know if you'd like to connect with her and I'll arrange something. She has a very unique story and perspective, she's a great friend and a great human being.
    Thank you Hoorf. Right now I am not sure what good it would do. I just need to figure things out emotionally..

Quote Originally Posted by SergeantPepper View Post
    Thank you Hoorf. Right now I am not sure what good it would do. I just need to figure things out emotionally..
    No problemo whatsoever. Feel free to keep replying here if it helps, glad to keep chatting.

MarchinBunny

Sorry to hear for your loss.

My day has been ... uneventful I suppose. I did do a little artwork for a possible youtube channel I may create. Mostly a skeptic kind of channel. Rants and such about feminism, religion .. and such. Had been thinking about doing a channel like that for some time, and they seem to not have to much trouble growing like gaming channels do.

Think I may start doing some researching and writing out some topics for some of the first videos I may do. Maybe do some animation for intro and more artwork for end cards. Who knows :P

Quote Originally Posted by brabbit1987 View Post

My day has been ... uneventful I suppose. I did do a little artwork for a possible youtube channel I may create. Mostly a skeptic kind of channel. Rants and such about feminism, religion .. and such. Had been thinking about doing a channel like that for some time, and they seem to not have to much trouble growing like gaming channels do.

Think I may start doing some researching and writing out some topics for some of the first videos I may do. Maybe do some animation for intro and more artwork for end cards. Who knows :P
    Is your name Milo? (sorry if you don't get the reference)

Quote Originally Posted by brabbit1987 View Post

Thanks, brabbit, I appreciate your thoughts. You're a bold soul to go into such a venture, not really a debate fan myself. Being a born-again agnostic, I'm just trying to seek some personal peace for awhile, after over 2 decades of religious zealotry. It's a long story...