Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Free and Legal Music

Default Free and Legal Music

Anyone like going to lastfm or pandora? Know of anyone who releases under the Creative Commons? What about other collections of free music, such as demoscene stuff as found at pouet? Do you listen to internet radio, such as shoutcast? A couple of my favorite stations are somafm and nectarine (although the latter was destroyed by a hacker in Sept 2008, it's being slowly rebuilt here and an interim station is here).

EmeraldsAndLime

Been on last.fm for a while now! Have discovered so many awesome new artists because of it. Absolutely indispensable service for me.

I really do like free streaming Internet radio ... but they've come under fire over the years as the hoards at the gates all want a cut.

I tend to use Spotify a lot. Seeing as I got a free invite and don't have to pay anything to use it. As for creative commons, the 8bitpeoples label realeased a lot using it. Here's a torrent containing a lot of their releases.

I use Last.fm, Been using it for a good year now. 15K scrobs. Yes, found a few new artists from that.

I've got the first 1500 tracks from OCRemix.org. Most of them are pretty decent.

Who cares whether or not it's free and legal. I say if you want music right now just torrent some. I really don't see an issue there. Now, I do however will SOMETIMES buy an artist's cd if I really like their music for my car as my iPod transmitter acts up where I live. If it wasn't for that I'd never buy a cd. Granted, the last cd I bought was back in 1994.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryce View Post
    Who cares whether or not it's free and legal. I say if you want music right now just torrent some. I really don't see an issue there. Now, I do however will SOMETIMES buy an artist's cd if I really like their music for my car as my iPod transmitter acts up where I live. If it wasn't for that I'd never buy a cd. Granted, the last cd I bought was back in 1994.
    You can't promoted illegal stuff here on Adisc. Anytime someone talks about downloading music that topic is shut down, unless its free music like this topic. Of course once someone wanted a episode of House and help was given to him on how to download/steal it. So really it's hit n miss.