Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What stuffed animal did you have as a kid?

Default What stuffed animal did you have as a kid?

Title says it all...

I had a stuffed rabbit named Sally. She started out white and pristine but eventually got pretty roughed up!

Didn't have one as a kid, but I do own--and sleep with--a genuine 1967 Mrs. Beasley doll. Not sure if you're familiar with the TV show "Family Affair" from the late '60s/early '70s, but Buffy had one and made it famous. They tried to resurrect the Mrs. Beasley doll in 2000, but it didn't gain a fraction of the appeal.

I've had teddy bears and all in my AB/DL 'career', but I've never been as happy as with my Mrs. Beasley.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoorf View Post
    Not sure if you're familiar with the TV show "Family Affair" from the late '60s/early '70s, but Buffy had one and made it famous.
    I watched Family Affair when it was on but I never know that Mrs. Beasley was a real doll. I figured it was just a doll used for the TV show.

Live and learn!

I had two teddy bears. One was new and the other, old and beat up. I was adopted at the age of two, and my guess is that the new one was probably given to me and my parents when I was adopted. Because I wasn't adopted until the age of two, I'm guessing that I may have spent some time in an adoptive orphanage and probably was given an old teddy bear that I took with me because I was attached to it.

Quote Originally Posted by BabyDenise View Post
    I watched Family Affair when it was on but I never know that Mrs. Beasley was a real doll. I figured it was just a doll used for the TV show.

Live and learn!
    Welp, here's mine...!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mrs. Beasley n me.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	56.3 KB 
ID:	25215

I had a favorite small spotted white tiger, his name was spot. He was the last thing I tried to give up when I went through my worst purge ever, sadly he didn't make it out of it. That was really a turning point when I did that, I realized that my little side was never going away if getting rid of spot wasn't enough.

I had a lot actually, but Lamby was by my side nearly every night. He was a kind of human-like, all white lamb. I grew out of the stuffed animal phase, but I do still have a few pieces of my blankies from when I was an infant. I run them through my fingers almost every night, I just love the feeling they give me

"Bear". . .he is actually laying down next to me right now. (^_^)

I actually have a lot more- yeah, I kept them all -stuffed animals, including one my father says I was given when I was born. (26 years ago). I feel kind of bad they are all stored away without a good place to set them out.

Hi

I had a rabit called Gus. I had him for years. I got read of him becouse I was told it was time to grow up. I was very upset as I didn't really want to get read of him or grow up.

Now I have Rex he is a Dogie and he keeps me safe at night.

I had a whole bunch, but my favourite one was probably a stuffed dog named Sobaka. He was purple and white and he only had one eye. My uncle's parents gave him to me along with his funny name (it means dog in Russian - "собака") I still have him.