How high should diaper padding rise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vapor

Est. Contributor
It seems on every diaper i try the padding ends right at the top of my but and ends and it never felt right. Is it just in my head or should they rise higher up the back?

Maybe it's your sizing is to small. I've never had that issue. You putting them on backwards;)j/k

Most diapers seem to have the padding stop a little early for my perference, in the front and in the back. Some of them add several inches of what I refer to as "dead plastic" on the front/back, where it's just shell and no absorbent material.

While I like the padding to come up a good distance, I don't care for the dead plastic. So with diapers that don't have an elastic waistband, sometimes I'll trim off some of the dead area on the front. (can't really do that on the back because you'd remove the top two tapes) XP Medical's Absorbency Plus is the one I do this the most with. But the AP diapers have a pretty good rise on their padding too. Or maybe they just run really large on me? *shrug*

I think most of the time the backs are fine. The fronts though, not so much.

The seal made by the upper tapes of the diaper should form a leak proof barrier against fluid escaping out the top of the diaper. If there's padding under this "belt" then that padding will wick moisture beyond the seal and cause a leak. Pad yourself accordingly. That "dead plastic" serves a purpose. Of course, if the cut of the diaper causes that seal too be to low in front for your erection (if male...), then you might find yourself uncomfortable, find a product that is comfy for you. In back, the padding height doesn't matter as much (unless you need more absorbancy there) as long as the seal is made.

bambinod said:
Most diapers seem to have the padding stop a little early for my perference, in the front and in the back. Some of them add several inches of what I refer to as "dead plastic" on the front/back, where it's just shell and no absorbent material.

While I like the padding to come up a good distance, I don't care for the dead plastic. So with diapers that don't have an elastic waistband, sometimes I'll trim off some of the dead area on the front. (can't really do that on the back because you'd remove the top two tapes) XP Medical's Absorbency Plus is the one I do this the most with. But the AP diapers have a pretty good rise on their padding too. Or maybe they just run really large on me? *shrug*

I feel the same. I like to get the next size up (large) and trim it as well. I do actually trim the back as well, and suggest that you try it. I'll cut just above the top tape and angle down the wing to the main body, about an inch above the padding, cut straight across top of the padding, then angle back up the next wing to the top of that tape. The cut will look kinda like this \_/ albeit a much shallower angle on the sides. I also trim a lot of the useless material below the bottom tape to the main body, there always seems to be a bit extra for me. I will straight cut the top of the diaper from wing to wing with an inch above the padding. These three cuts will make a VERY nice fitting diaper for me with plenty of padding and less prone to leakage.

lacutah said:
The seal made by the upper tapes of the diaper should form a leak proof barrier against fluid escaping out the top of the diaper. If there's padding under this "belt" then that padding will wick moisture beyond the seal and cause a leak. Pad yourself accordingly. That "dead plastic" serves a purpose. Of course, if the cut of the diaper causes that seal too be to low in front for your erection (if male...), then you might find yourself uncomfortable, find a product that is comfy for you. In back, the padding height doesn't matter as much (unless you need more absorbancy there) as long as the seal is made.

I always put the top tape over the padding, because it stays more rigid, conforms to my shape better, and overall, the diaper holds up for longer wear duration. It is also FAR more comfortable. Sorry, sire, but I have NEVER had a problem with fluid leaking "over the top" when taped this way. And believe it or not, that's how Pampers, Huggies, and other brands are fastened. Over the padding. If it works on an infant, then it will work on an adult. I also HATE the idea of bottom tapes wrapping clear around my legs and cutting into my skin. But, some people like that, too. As well as the top tape over the padding, where it can wear faster and be more irritating (at least, in my opinion). But hey, it's none of my business how people wear their stuff. What ever bakes the cake....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back