Diaper changing in public

Status
Not open for further replies.

stacy122

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
2dbfc8af9d8d58781a28ea6a85e8d48a.jpg

So I was changing my diaper in a public bathroom today and I noticed this. Are there any adult changing tables in restrooms anywhere

No adult ones, but those are great when I use a restroom that has it. I open it to set my stuff on it and prep for a fresh one. Restrooms can be so nasty, so those r great!

Yeh I opened. It and laid my stuff out. Then placed my disposable pad onto the floor and changed

that's a changing station for an infant. It's got straps so you can buckle the kid down across the waist while you change them and they don't squirm and roll off the platform and fall on the floor. Some places stock the overhead compartment with supplies like wipes or lotion. (most don't, and there's just advertisements or instructions etc in the spots)

You're not going to find one for adults. There's usually no lifting an adult up onto something like that. Some places DO have "family rooms" in the same place as the restrooms. We've got one in the adminstrative building on campus where I work. At first I thought it was probably a room to change clothes in or something like that, but it could be very easily used to change an adult's diaper. The room has no sink or even seats, but does have a mirror, coat hooks, and does lock, and the floor is a fairly large area and is clean.

That's pretty cool

thats really nice thank u.

sandboxphil said:
Phoenix Airport has an Adult Changing Station.

adultchanging.jpg

What terminal is that in? I fly there occasionally and it would be a lot nicer to change in there for sure.

My local mall has an adult changing station. Basically an enlarged disabled toilet with a fixed changing bench and a powered hoist. There's a campaign in the UK to build more of them.

I think in a fewminutes i have t change....will go to a publc restroom for this.

That would be awesome!

cm90210 said:
I've gotta admit, I have a hard time not believing this is fake/Photoshop. Guess I'll take your word for it though. Cool if true.
Feel free to take my word for it, too. I saw the campaign that someone else here said on my cerebral palsy network page. Apparently, it's begun to touch U.S. shores. It's about damn time. My mom deserves not to rip her back apart putting my more severely effected sister, who can't transfer or change on her own, on a dirty public bathroom floor, and sis, and CPDude, and Caitainx and several others deserve a to have another place to lie down. Incontinence isn't criminal, and we've had enough!

cm90210, not angry at you, dear, just mad it took so long for things to even begin to change! Sis and I have a running inside joke where we say The Father gave me 80% control, and her 20%, so we must be sharing.:lol: No, CP isn't genetic, but I was adopted by someone who already had a palsied daughter, so I wasn't spooky to mom.

I saw how a few of the places describe a "power lift". That sounds like a big investment for a bathroom! It appears like a lot of those are in airports?

It's not mandated yet but they will be in a number of years here in california.

the proposed law AB-662 got approved by california. it requires places such as theaters, theme/amusement parks, sporting stadiums, arenas, etc to maintain at least one adult changing station and to publicly mark it's existence and location, but only if the place holds more then 2,500 people. the law varies on when they must be installed by. jan 1, 2020 for newly built places and 2025 for places that already exist and only if they spend 10,000 on renovations of some form.

http://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/billNavClient.xhtml?bill_id=201520160AB662

I guess places like the two Six Flags parks and Disneyland are exempt until 2025 as every new attraction they build costs 10,000 dollars.

note: this law does not require a power lift. So it's up to the caregivers and/or the disabled to get up onto the changing station. It also doesn't note what kind of setup it has to be. It could just be a massage table with or without the head hole or something similar to a doctors office bed/bench. doesn't have to be something like " koloa care, adult changing table, to satisfy your weird AB/DL desires."

SpAzpieSweeTot said:
Feel free to take my word for it, too. I saw the campaign that someone else here said on my cerebral palsy network page. Apparently, it's begun to touch U.S. shores. It's about damn time. My mom deserves not to rip her back apart putting my more severely effected sister, who can't transfer or change on her own, on a dirty public bathroom floor, and sis, and CPDude, and Caitainx and several others deserve a to have another place to lie down. Incontinence isn't criminal, and we've had enough!

cm90210, not angry at you, dear, just mad it took so long for things to even begin to change! Sis and I have a running inside joke where we say The Father gave me 80% control, and her 20%, so we must be sharing.:lol: No, CP isn't genetic, but I was adopted by someone who already had a palsied daughter, so I wasn't spooky to mom.

Well put friend.
I do wish that there were adult-sized changing tables here in Malls in New Hampshire.
Even though I am a CP "walker", being able to lie-down to change myself when wet/dirty would be welcome and help to make my diaper fit better on my bottom.

That is why I have power recline and power elevating and articulating leg rests on my chair,but where o where will I ever find the real estate to lay down in a men's room,only time it's useful in changing is if they have a "family style" bathroom.

I live in Ontario, Canada. As I understand from what I've read, a new regulation from the provincial government requires all newly built public washrooms to provide an adult changing table. I have not yet found a washroom with one.

Hopefully this will be in the "family style" as it would be awkward for alot of people, so many IC are over worried about embarrassment and loss of dignity .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back