Diaper changing in public

Status
Not open for further replies.
I work at a hospital one of the restrooms has a long counter with 4 inch barrier going around like to keep someone from rolling off my only assumption it is for changing either adult or babies the counter at least 8 foot in lenght.

In the UK the adult ones are known as "Changing Places Toilets". Google it and you can find a map of where they are.

blob said:
In the UK the adult ones are known as "Changing Places Toilets". Google it and you can find a map of where they are.

Has anyone got any experience of using one of these? There are a couple near me but I'm always hesitant to try it out

Well one think I can say about one with a lift is it batter have some serious insurance,at my last seating evaluation for my wheelchair the Physical therapist doing it could not weigh me because she had no drive on scale, and it is against a new Federal law for even her to get me out of my chair to weigh me and since she had no lift at the office she could not put me in the bed that weighs patients so it seems if even a medical person can't get me out of my chair for an evaluation ,I shudder to think at what a parent is or is not allowed to do in caring for a disabled adult child,and think that a working lift to change an adult without specific training in that lift would create a legal can of worms that only the rich lawyers who could profit from said can of worms would enjoy, so to the disabled and there carer it might be great but at what potential cost to a property owner should there be a failure in technique or mechanical apparatus resulting in someone filling suit and these days people will file for anything ( I recently heard of a case settled for North of 50 thousand for a stubbed toe, that is crazy!).

jdj1 said:
I work at a hospital one of the restrooms has a long counter with 4 inch barrier going around like to keep someone from rolling off my only assumption it is for changing either adult or babies the counter at least 8 foot in lenght.
Perfect place to change gummy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back