Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: living whith Peter Pan syndrome

Default living whith Peter Pan syndrome

Hi Sisi hear

I've been diagnosed with a form of Peter Pan syndrome which means I never really mentally grow up.
    This is not really a problem to me it more of a problem to other people around me.

If I had a choice I would be little all the time. But I have to do boring adult stuff like go to work and pay the bills.

My question is do you have Peter Pan syndrom or live with/care for someone with this syndrom?

Have you got any help full tips?

this is how i feel, but i never thought to call it peter pan syndrone lol

babylea

Did a therapist literally say you have Peter Pan syndrome? I didn't know that was a medical term...

Well, in a sense, you could kind of say all adult babies have a form of peter pan syndrome, maybe less intense than others. Do you work at all?

Is there a distinction between Peter Pan syndrome and ABDL? ... Let me Google...

Update: it looks like it is a distinct condition separate from ABDL. Here is one link:
    http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0501112023.htm

Peter Pan Syndrome?
    Hmm?
    As a child, I had to be an "adult" and raise myself despite my disabilities.
    I am not a "Peter Pan".

- - - Updated - - -

Peter Pan Syndrome?
    Hmm?
    I am not a "Peter Pan".

- - - Updated - - -

Peter Pan Syndrome?
    Hmm?
    I am not a "Peter Pan".

MarchinBunny

I am pretty sure I have peter pan syndrome XD, or well I used too at least. Reading the description of it, it's exactly how I have felt in the past at times.
    But I would think peter pan syndrome would be pretty common in the AB/DL community.

Quote Originally Posted by brabbit1987 View Post
    I am pretty sure I have peter pan syndrome XD, or well I used too at least. Reading the description of it, it's exactly how I have felt in the past at times.
    But I would think peter pan syndrome would be pretty common in the AB/DL community.
    Interesting point, but from my own personal experience of not having a childhood to speak of, due to circumstances totally out of my control, I was dealing with adult social/mental problems and I simply could not be a little boy, because whenever I tried to be a "normal" little boy, despite my disabilities, the non-functional "adult" in the family, my Mom kept sabotaging any and all genuine playtimes I tried to have, either alone by myself or with my little brother. Like it or not, my "INNER CHILD" is fused on the outside, instead of being internal where he belongs, according to conventional psychology.

Quote Originally Posted by brabbit1987 View Post
    One test you might try: you may need a willing partner to help. Set up a three week vacation and binge until you are sick of it. The partner may be needed to restrict your freedom to only do baby or ABDL related stuff during that time. Rosalie Bent's: "There's a baby in my bed" has a description of it.

The preference to be an adult may show up then.

MarchinBunny

Quote Originally Posted by HokieABDL View Post
    One test you might try: you may need a willing partner to help. Set up a three week vacation and binge until you are sick of it. The partner may be needed to restrict your freedom to only do baby or ABDL related stuff during that time. Rosalie Bent's: "There's a baby in my bed" has a description of it.

The preference to be an adult may show up then.
    Peter pan syndrome has very little do with being a baby. It's more along the lines of feeling like you never grew up, or learned how to be an adult. You feel like you possibly couldn't live on your own and you always need someone to take care of the adult things. You essentially remained a kid.

Also, I am almost certain I don't feel that way anymore, considering I was forced to grow up and take care of myself. XD