siysiy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Other
Hi everyone.
I have wanted to sleep in a cot for a while now. Just the thought of it makes me feel very little.
Daddy and I have looked around for one. But I am physically too big to fit in any of them. This made me fell very sad.
Do any of you have any sergestion. I realy like the ones that rocked side to side. And if curled up I might just fit but daddy said no.
Because I wouldn't sleep.

Hi that is something I'd love to experience aswell but unfortunatly as I still live with parents I can't see it happening. There's an on line site called aww so cute advertising blow up cots... Might be worth a look

I have no idea where some ab/dls have gotten their larger cribs, but awwsocute.com has an adult-sized inflatable one :/

Several people have built their own cribs.

A real baby crib is normally too small for adults and adult-sized cribs are on the expensive side. What some people have done is to transform a regular adult twin bed into a crib by putting up some kind of fencing around the bed. This makes it look and somewhat feel like a crib.

Oddly enough, the crib used for my nieces was big enough for me (when no one was looking). It sports a twin sized mattress. I'll try to find out what company made it. Interesting enough, I almost had to continue sleeping in a crib even at the age of four, because I had an issue with falling out of bed. One time I even injured my arm.

I do not know how big you are, but I built one myself. I think the whole thing ran me around $300 to build.

Timmyboy said:
I do not know how big you are, but I built one myself. I think the whole thing ran me around $300 to build.
Hi I am physically 6ft. Daddy is thinking about it.

parkerpeter said:
I have no idea where some ab/dls have gotten their larger cribs, but awwsocute.com has an adult-sized inflatable one :/

I have that one!
It's super fun to play in but it gets a little cold because of the plastic, so you should put soft blankets inside it.

I've also slept in a travel cot for babies before.
I couldn't really stretch out all the way but it was still comfy enough to sleep ^w^

My mommy is looking to build a crib for me when we buy a house.

sisi said:
Hi everyone.
I have wanted to sleep in a cot for a while now. Just the thought of it makes me feel very little.
Daddy and I have looked around for one. But I am physically too big to fit in any of them. This made me fell very sad.
Do any of you have any sergestion. I realy like the ones that rocked side to side. And if curled up I might just fit but daddy said no.
Because I wouldn't sleep.

Here is m crib.DSCN2712 (640x480).jpg I sleep in it every night and it's great. Now I am 5'7" 175 pounds and I get a good night sleep every night.

ok.. i have a cheap solution to this.

i have done this myself, although it takes me a while to put it up..

When i first moved to Austria, i bought myself a cheap, second hand single bed.. it was just a wood base with matress..

anyway.. about 4 months ago after i moved into my own place. i found on amazon a childs play pen.. its 1.4 meters tall, and comes in 8 seperate pieces, which connect together to form the outer shell of the playpen.. each piece itself being 90cm in length. and cost 50 euro..

i bought one, and making a few atlerations made myself cot sides, now if i want to sleep in my cot, i just use the single bed, and place the playpen sides around the outside (note the sides actually sit on top of the wooden bed frame and not on the floor) total cot height approximately 2.2 meters.. Its not ideal, but it gives you the feeling of being in a safe and comfortable cot..

babylea

I've had a couple of hospital-type pediatric cribs which were comfortable enough, but very cumbersome, difficult to move and took up a lot of space. You see hospital or pediatric cribs on eBay from time to time; of course, the shipping is prohibitive but there's always the hope that one will pop up close to you.

I bought my first adult-sized hospital crib at a thrift store for $30 - mattress included. It needed a little cleanup and some work, but it was a good deal. I sold it for $500, bought another in much better shape for half that amount, and used it for several years.

The nice thing about an adult sized hospital crib is that the mattress is very firm and can double as a changing table. I've had babysitters roll me over to change my pants and then roll me right back to sleep.

BabyDenise said:
Several people have built their own cribs.

A real baby crib is normally too small for adults and adult-sized cribs are on the expensive side. What some people have done is to transform a regular adult twin bed into a crib by putting up some kind of fencing around the bed. This makes it look and somewhat feel like a crib.

Thank you this is what Daddy is looking into for me. He said that he could then put me in a cage when I am naughty. I think he was joncking.

- - - Updated - - -

silentdreamer1996 said:
Oddly enough, the crib used for my nieces was big enough for me (when no one was looking). It sports a twin sized mattress. I'll try to find out what company made it. Interesting enough, I almost had to continue sleeping in a crib even at the age of four, because I had an issue with falling out of bed. One time I even injured my arm.

Soryy to hear you heart you self. Did you get lots of cuddles afterwards.

- - - Updated - - -

bn3baby said:
Here is m crib.View attachment 25174 I sleep in it every night and it's great. Now I am 5'7" 175 pounds and I get a good night sleep every night.

Thank you that look supper great fun.

- - - Updated - - -

babylea said:
ok.. i have a cheap solution to this.

i have done this myself, although it takes me a while to put it up..

When i first moved to Austria, i bought myself a cheap, second hand single bed.. it was just a wood base with matress..

anyway.. about 4 months ago after i moved into my own place. i found on amazon a childs play pen.. its 1.4 meters tall, and comes in 8 seperate pieces, which connect together to form the outer shell of the playpen.. each piece itself being 90cm in length. and cost 50 euro..

i bought one, and making a few atlerations made myself cot sides, now if i want to sleep in my cot, i just use the single bed, and place the playpen sides around the outside (note the sides actually sit on top of the wooden bed frame and not on the floor) total cot height approximately 2.2 meters.. Its not ideal, but it gives you the feeling of being in a safe and comfortable cot..

babylea

Thank you and Daddy said thank you as well. I could be getting a play pen for my birthday that turn into my cot. A bit like Transformers.

Daddy really likes the idea of having a playpen for me that he thinks it will keep me out of trouble. Even though trouble is my middle name. "Sisi in trouble again."

- - - Updated - - -

sbmccue said:
I've had a couple of hospital-type pediatric cribs which were comfortable enough, but very cumbersome, difficult to move and took up a lot of space. You see hospital or pediatric cribs on eBay from time to time; of course, the shipping is prohibitive but there's always the hope that one will pop up close to you.

I bought my first adult-sized hospital crib at a thrift store for $30 - mattress included. It needed a little cleanup and some work, but it was a good deal. I sold it for $500, bought another in much better shape for half that amount, and used it for several years.

The nice thing about an adult sized hospital crib is that the mattress is very firm and can double as a changing table. I've had babysitters roll me over to change my pants and then roll me right back to sleep.

Thank you. much Daddy saids that it would be to cost to much.

Hello,

I built my crib for about 150 dollars in wood supplies. I have included a picture of it here. Mine uses a twin bed and unlike using fencing or playpen sides mine looks most like a crib. And unlike the other idea's, and for me was a must, mine has a drop side rail so mommy and daddy can check on baby or do a diaper change. The bars come to about 2 feet over the mattress. I have the directions on how to build it on my site here: http://www.bedwettingabdl.com/CRIB.html and the crib itself took me about 2 days to build and 3 days to paint. Another perk of my design that I needed at the time is the crib is made up for four separate panels that secure at each corner of the bed. And should you need to hide the crib for some reason just detach each panel and hide the four panels. And should one of the panels break, you only have to repair or replace that one panel and not the whole crib. And because it uses a twin size bed, you don't have to worry about weight issues like you do using a real baby's crib. Anyway, I hope this helps. I have slept in mine for the last 15 years. I love going to bed and waking up in it :)

-Baby StanleyMy crib 2010.jpg

Reactions: Mas16210
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back