Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: sleeping in a cot / crib

Default sleeping in a cot / crib

Hi everyone.
    I have wanted to sleep in a cot for a while now. Just the thought of it makes me feel very little.
    Daddy and I have looked around for one. But I am physically too big to fit in any of them. This made me fell very sad.
    Do any of you have any sergestion. I realy like the ones that rocked side to side. And if curled up I might just fit but daddy said no.
    Because I wouldn't sleep.

Hi that is something I'd love to experience aswell but unfortunatly as I still live with parents I can't see it happening. There's an on line site called aww so cute advertising blow up cots... Might be worth a look

I have no idea where some ab/dls have gotten their larger cribs, but awwsocute.com has an adult-sized inflatable one :/

Several people have built their own cribs.

A real baby crib is normally too small for adults and adult-sized cribs are on the expensive side. What some people have done is to transform a regular adult twin bed into a crib by putting up some kind of fencing around the bed. This makes it look and somewhat feel like a crib.

Oddly enough, the crib used for my nieces was big enough for me (when no one was looking). It sports a twin sized mattress. I'll try to find out what company made it. Interesting enough, I almost had to continue sleeping in a crib even at the age of four, because I had an issue with falling out of bed. One time I even injured my arm.

I do not know how big you are, but I built one myself. I think the whole thing ran me around $300 to build.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmyboy View Post
    I do not know how big you are, but I built one myself. I think the whole thing ran me around $300 to build.
    Hi I am physically 6ft. Daddy is thinking about it.

Quote Originally Posted by parkerpeter View Post
    I have no idea where some ab/dls have gotten their larger cribs, but awwsocute.com has an adult-sized inflatable one :/
    I have that one!
    It's super fun to play in but it gets a little cold because of the plastic, so you should put soft blankets inside it.

I've also slept in a travel cot for babies before.
    I couldn't really stretch out all the way but it was still comfy enough to sleep ^w^

My mommy is looking to build a crib for me when we buy a house.

Quote Originally Posted by sisi View Post
    Hi everyone.
    I have wanted to sleep in a cot for a while now. Just the thought of it makes me feel very little.
    Daddy and I have looked around for one. But I am physically too big to fit in any of them. This made me fell very sad.
    Do any of you have any sergestion. I realy like the ones that rocked side to side. And if curled up I might just fit but daddy said no.
    Because I wouldn't sleep.
    Here is m crib.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN2712 (640x480).jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	70.3 KB 
ID:	25174 I sleep in it every night and it's great. Now I am 5'7" 175 pounds and I get a good night sleep every night.

Quote Originally Posted by silentdreamer1996 View Post
    Oddly enough, the crib used for my nieces was big enough for me (when no one was looking). It sports a twin sized mattress. I'll try to find out what company made it. Interesting enough, I almost had to continue sleeping in a crib even at the age of four, because I had an issue with falling out of bed. One time I even injured my arm.
    Funny that we all want in the crib, the kids all want out.

We had to put Junior in a regular bed around 2 because he broke the bars out of his crib. I put a deadbolt on the basement door so he couldn't fall down the stairs, but now and then we'd wake up to find him on the couch munching on something and watching the snow channel on TV.

A couple days ago, his daughter (just turned 2) figured out how to go over the top. Fortunately, she stuck the landing (saw it on the video baby monitor), but now they have to figure out what to do with her, since their bedrooms are on the 2nd floor. I suggested borrowing the dog's cage or ankle chains.