For those who are disabled

Status
Not open for further replies.

CPDude

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Incontinent
I am curious if being disabled and having trouble with daily tasks and needing diapers fuels your desire to be a AB or DL. I know it does for me. For me, I just wish for loving, gentle care. Not just care.

I'm mental disable with like mind of young child and have live with my parents because can not live on my own or do many thing a normal adult can do. I wear diaper for IC problems and like having being very closet to someone who caring to etc.

Hi sisi I dad hear.

Si is kind of the same he need looking after. But I like to help him be as inderpent as much as posabe.
So things like telling me when he needs changing is up to him.

Some time he forgets whear he is. Or his mind does not focus on one thing he is doing.

You are right there is a diferents in careing for someone and deing dominant over somebody.

And I think there is a difference in someone being cared for and Co dependency on someone.

One is love and the other is control.

I am disabled, as everyone here knows with Autism and Cerebral Palsy.
I would say, that being in diapers 24/7 for medical reasons also sort-of fuels the desire to be little and to want to be cared-for.

Yes,100%, I suffered an anoxic brain injury which was like hitting the reset button on your entire life an to this day I still get scared and confused. I had a botched back operation about 10 years ago that started a huge bunch of mishaps an life changing events. Today I'm just happy to be alive and grateful that for now it seems the past is just that, The Past

I am glad you are doing better gigglymuppet

Yes, I have SMA and while I've periodically used a diaper in the past, only recently have I had to move to 24/7 for urinary IC. I would have called myself a DL most of my life, but as my illness progressed my desire to be cuddled and comforted (Mommie'd?) has just exploded. It's been really hard to wrap my head around..

gigglymuppet said:
Yes,100%, I suffered an anoxic brain injury which was like hitting the reset button on your entire life an to this day I still get scared and confused.
I was born 10 weeks premature. So I had to endure an anoxic brain injury also. I know that my birth trauma and my experience in an isolete contributed
greatly to my youngness. I use a wheelchair,(have Cerebral Palsy) I have less back pain when i am on the floor. I think crawling on the ground keeps me younger. I seems like anytime I feel a feeling a start regressing. Not the funniest thing ever, but I accept it.

chocokat said:
I was born 10 weeks premature. So I had to endure an anoxic brain injury also. I know that my birth trauma and my experience in an isolete contributed
greatly to my youngness. I use a wheelchair,(have Cerebral Palsy) I have less back pain when i am on the floor. I think crawling on the ground keeps me younger. I seems like anytime I feel a feeling a start regressing. Not the funniest thing ever, but I accept it.

I was born 100% "Feet First".

I'm autistic (AS), though I personally don't class myself as disabled.

Though, this is a interesting question.

With me, my diapers are more of a personal thing, I technically don't need them, but because I suffer slight bladder leakage and have to go pee every 5 minutes, I do for mostly comfort reasons and disliking to use public rest rooms, ewwies, the worst part about me is being sketchy and always needing to know where the toilets are, I wear them mostly to avoid conversations about toilets because personally I don't know how to talk to people, and get anxious doing so, so in a way, it does fuel my desire to use them.

I know this is a bit of a different take to this question.

For all intents and purposes I am a fully functioning adult, I have a job, do the bills, I buy my grocerys etc. I have an issue that causes me to not be a very adulty adult is some areas because of developmental issues relating to poor choices by my mother while pregnant. So as the psychologist describes me "a fully functioning 12 year old." What he meant by that is in some areas of life I have the mind of a 12 year old. While in other respects I am a very much adult. I also have a autoimmune disorder which does make be bowel IC when it is acting up. It happens maybe once a month. and lasts a few days.

So as this related to me being AB/DL, I honestly don't know if it affects me in that way. I would presume it does, but I have my doubts. I find comfort in diapers and other AB/DL related activities (pacifiers, onsies, plushies). It is really comforting to me.

im autistic and got learning disabilities i function as a 8 year old because of my disability but act a lot younger due to being ab dont need diapers but wear them anyway

I have severe treatment-resistant depression and social anxiety disorder, along with post-traumatic stress disorder from several situations.
I can barely take care of myself at all as I have no motivation to do so as I feel so empty and alone.
It's starting to get so bad that I don't even feel like making it to the bathroom. I'm considering starting to wear diapers for the feeling and the need to be comforted and protected.

I'm sorry things are so painful right now dollydear.

Thank you CPdude.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd like to add that I'm told byy mom that I spent nearly 2&half years in an out of the hospitals an nursing/rehab home. Out of those experiences I think I suffered a bit of PTSD due to the way others as well as meself were treated by the staff. With that being said something deep inside myself came out, that being others have it worse than I do an they are quitting also if not now then one day in the future everyone will suffer from some type of disability no matter how significant we like OUR Community need to support each other and try to be understanding,compassionate and encouraging. As I have be taught no matter what EVER Never Give Up. Being a disabled little has been a conflicting struggle at times but as nurses , cna's an PA's recognized my infantile tendencies and obvious need to be in diapers a lot of them didn't encourage it but in a way helped to develop it more. Not sure I'm saying this right. Some of em gave me stuffies and coddled me during humiliating or scary times like changing
Me. So I say to all of you, we can Hope for people being nicer or more understanding of both our disabilities an AB lifestyles or we can do our very best to lead the way by example. Good on us ALL

I myself know a woman, "Rory", who has Cerebral Palsy, and is stuck in a nursing home in South Boston, MA, because she has no other place to live.
She hates being in a nursing home.

well mine is small compared to everyone here I have a leaning disability and dyslexia. I was put in a special class for slow children when I was 9.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back