Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How Do Normal Adults Handle Being Sick?

Default How Do Normal Adults Handle Being Sick?

I ate something bad last night. After what I though was a complete purge of my guts from both ends I wake up at 5:30 and shit the bed. Since I have a waterproof cover on the mattress and lined plastic pants to put on cleanup was easy and I am not to worried about more surprises. I honestly don't know how I would handle being this sick without diapers and paraphernalia around. I would looking for a new mattress while terrified to go to the drugstore to get medicine without pooping my pants.

If and when it does happen, nothing really to say or do but deal with it. There is a reason the saying "Shit happens" exists. Being upset or embarrassed won't change the facts or make them better, so just get on with getting on.

While completely waterproof covers arn't the norm, most people have some kind of matress cover because as has been said, occasionally shit happens. Pets, drinks get spilt, and sometimes humans get sick, etc. Long as you don't let something sit overnight the matress is usually fine.

I don't think what you describe is all that common. It's never happened to me or hardly anyone I can think of who wasn't already sick with something else and might have already had at least protection on the bed. I hope you're feeling better.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, there's simply no better excuse for padding up than being sick, especially when it involves out of control #2. The last time I was sick, I was very grateful for being padded.

MarchinBunny

Hmm .. when I get sick the only issues I have is my incontinence gets worse. Seem more prone to having accidents. So being padded while being sick is a must for me, other wise my bed would be soaked.

Lucky for me ... my immune system is something special. I don't get sick very often.

Just saying, it is the norovirus. It isn't as much of a hunch as it is from experience. Hits October-April and it hits hard. I had to go through it without diapers. Ruined five pairs of underwear, one set of sheets, and a pair of uniform pants. It was horrible. Voiding revery ten minutes. It goes away after three to five days.

I have a mattress cover for protection as well. When I had my UTI, it made me extremely urge incontinent. I wet the clothes I was trying to sleep in many times. I was at the hospital for about five hours and it was very difficult. The nurse left me with one of those held held urinals, but by the time I got my shorts down, it was too late. I was more than glad when all that came to an end after the IV antibiotic that they gave me.

I know what you're all thinking. Why wasn't I wearing diapers? I started out in diapers, but the pain was so horrible, that diapers only made the situation worse.

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    I have a mattress cover for protection as well. When I had my UTI, it made me extremely urge incontinent. I wet the clothes I was trying to sleep in many times. I was at the hospital for about five hours and it was very difficult. The nurse left me with one of those held held urinals, but by the time I got my shorts down, it was too late. I was more than glad when all that came to an end after the IV antibiotic that they gave me.

I know what you're all thinking. Why wasn't I wearing diapers? I started out in diapers, but the pain was so horrible, that diapers only made the situation worse.
    Yowser! :-(
    I hope I never get that bad a UTI.