Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
  3. Little
As I said in another post, I'm a bit stressed. It's all because of me

* overthinking things
* over-working myself
* not able to get decent sleep at night (3-4 hours per night)
* learning 3D modeling using Blender
* learning Unreal Engine 4 to make a game and already have a 2nd game lined up.
* grandparents health
* not much money, basically none, without a job
* spending too much money. tsk tsk :no:
* lonely seeing other people as couples
* a horrible camera that has so much noise the images are pure poop
* out of LEGO sets to build (not creative enough to think of my own to do)
* 500 games in my library but don't feel like playing any of them, but I want to.
* still lacking a couple of things before I can do some chemistry experiments (vacuum pump and old microwave to heat things)
* probably more can't think of anything

Anyway, ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG sucky sucky sucky.

Why have I stressed myself out so much that I caused myself so much boredom?

There's more, but I'm too bored to even type it all up....

Fluffy, get over it, smack yourself in the face and go play a game :therethere:

Anyway, like I said, just a rant to get it off my chest. It's good to rant once in a while to clear things up with yourself.

There's no need to reply, but you can if you want to :)

Reading this back, I just laughed at it, so I guess it helped a bit :smile1:

FluffyMastiff said:
Reading this back, I just laughed at it, so I guess it helped a bit :smile1:

I'm glad it helped. Don't beat yourself up too much over everything. Maybe it's time to try something new and get a break, you can't force yourself to play a game, etc if you have no interest. Maybe after some time off you'll be more interested in them again.

I was told today, that my grandmother will need open heart surgery to fix a leaking valve or two.

Trying to keep my stress levels down isn't working out too well. A week ago, I was stressed out enough that it was causing pain in my stomach and abdomen, enough pain that I was ready to rip them out. I finally got the stress levels down from that and now it's going back up with this news.

Any tips to controlling stress levels, when there's not much you can do?

Do little activities help you with stress at all? If so, padding up, cuddling a plushie, and sucking a pacifier/your thumb might be of benefit.

Stress sucks. When I get overly stressed my eye begins to twitch which only stresses me out even more XD. I have never found a good way to relieve stress other than just ignoring it and doing something fun.

These are actually things I would rather enjoy. Any sort of work helps to keep me occupied and away from the stress. Although I already know how to use Blender along with a few other modeling programs XD.

KimbaStarshine said:
Do little activities help you with stress at all? If so, padding up, cuddling a plushie, and sucking a pacifier/your thumb might be of benefit.

No not really. and since I'm basically 24/7 in diapers its normal for me now.

I sleep with a teddy bear everynight, brings joy going to sleep.

If I could afford a pacifier I would try it. Not so much my thumb, bad teeth, which some are sharp have cut my thumb a while back :|

brabbit1987 said:
Stress sucks. When I get overly stressed my eye begins to twitch which only stresses me out even more XD. I have never found a good way to relieve stress other than just ignoring it and doing something fun.

These are actually things I would rather enjoy. Any sort of work helps to keep me occupied and away from the stress. Although I already know how to use Blender along with a few other modeling programs XD.

I stopped trying with Blender, it was stressing me out :damnpc:

I've put UE4 on hold to work on one of my Skyrim mods. Since it would give away my other identity, I'm not sure if I'll say anything else about this mod.

For me its really hard to ignore the stress since it messes with everything about me. I start messing up in programs and even the way that I think :dunno:

It'll work itself out at some point. Just coming here to ADISC helps a bit, so yeah :)

I'm a little late to the party here.

Stress sucks (unless you're talking about positive stress, which I always thought was a nonsense term). Dealing with it is kind of dependent on you and what works best for you, but there are some common techniques that work pretty well.

1) Meditation and Breathing.
I don't want to sound all hippy here, but this really can help. The idea is to take some time and reserve it for NOT letting something trouble you. Find a quiet place, comfortable place. Somewhere where you can sit or lie down without being interrupted. You might even want it to be dark. Don't try not to think of anything, attempting to not think about something is an exercise in futility. Just let your thoughts wander and stream of consciousness take place.

Focus on your breathing. Take deep, slow breaths. Really deep. Breathe all the way out, and then in, and in, and in. You'll feel your lungs fill and your chest expand, as they fill you'll actually feel it rising higher and higher. Keep going as long as you can, you might be surprised by how long this is, and then let it out. Rinse and repeat for a couple minutes.

2) Forced Relaxation
There's an actual term for this, but I can't remember what it is. You might want to pair this with something else, like the above technique. The idea here is to get your body to relax as much as you can. You do this in a counter intuitive way by first tensing yourself up. Focus on one area of the body at a time, starting at your feet. Tense all your muscles, as tight as you can. Hold it for a couple seconds and then release, keeping yourself as relaxed as possible. Move up and do your lower legs, your thighs, etc.

3) Exercise
Yeah. If you're anything like me there are plenty of excuses not to do it: Lack of time, lack of motivation (I never feel like exercising when stressed), it's cold outside, etc. But it works wonders on your stress levels. There's an actual physiological process that takes place to cause this. I'm not nearly qualified enough to talk about it, but you can find information online. Take a brisk walk through the park, or maybe a jog. If you want to do something inside I recommend a 2 minute set of crunches and 1 minute set of push-ups, as many as you can.

Faelan said:
I'm a little late to the party here.

Stress sucks (unless you're talking about positive stress, which I always thought was a nonsense term). Dealing with it is kind of dependent on you and what works best for you, but there are some common techniques that work pretty well.

1) Meditation and Breathing.
I don't want to sound all hippy here, but this really can help. The idea is to take some time and reserve it for NOT letting something trouble you. Find a quiet place, comfortable place. Somewhere where you can sit or lie down without being interrupted. You might even want it to be dark. Don't try not to think of anything, attempting to not think about something is an exercise in futility. Just let your thoughts wander and stream of consciousness take place.

Focus on your breathing. Take deep, slow breaths. Really deep. Breathe all the way out, and then in, and in, and in. You'll feel your lungs fill and your chest expand, as they fill you'll actually feel it rising higher and higher. Keep going as long as you can, you might be surprised by how long this is, and then let it out. Rinse and repeat for a couple minutes.

2) Forced Relaxation
There's an actual term for this, but I can't remember what it is. You might want to pair this with something else, like the above technique. The idea here is to get your body to relax as much as you can. You do this in a counter intuitive way by first tensing yourself up. Focus on one area of the body at a time, starting at your feet. Tense all your muscles, as tight as you can. Hold it for a couple seconds and then release, keeping yourself as relaxed as possible. Move up and do your lower legs, your thighs, etc.

3) Exercise
Yeah. If you're anything like me there are plenty of excuses not to do it: Lack of time, lack of motivation (I never feel like exercising when stressed), it's cold outside, etc. But it works wonders on your stress levels. There's an actual physiological process that takes place to cause this. I'm not nearly qualified enough to talk about it, but you can find information online. Take a brisk walk through the park, or maybe a jog. If you want to do something inside I recommend a 2 minute set of crunches and 1 minute set of push-ups, as many as you can.

It's never too late for advice, usually anyway. :)

Thanks for the tips!

I never knew there was such a thing as "positive stress" :rolleyes:

FluffyMastiff said:
I was told today, that my grandmother will need open heart surgery to fix a leaking valve or two.

Good news we got yesterday, the doctor does not want to do open heart surgery, yet. He wants to try some medicine and some physical therapy and see if it helps. She'll have another check up in 3 or 4 months, I think, to see if it helped or not.

Stress is always difficult to deal with.
I learned to not beat myself up emotionally, which never helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back