Thread: Good exchange

Default Good exchange

Recently I decided to talk to my mom about my problems. The exchange went well. She promised to help me through it. I'm a little scared of what the future might bring, but it feels like the right thing to do. Hopefully it will get me to a better place.

I'm really glad you're talking to your mom about this. As I recall you've always received good, positive support from her, And it's important to surround yourself with people who build up your self esteem and encourage you on the journey.

Whatever you decide to do in your life, always remember that it's okay to be scared of the future. Whenever we strive to improve ourselves or take risks, we will always feel some fear or anticipate the worst. It's what we do with that fear and how we manage it that matters.

In my younger days, I worried about money, about relationships, about being trapped in mundane work. When I eventually quit a good paying job to go back to school, I lost fifteen pounds in the last two weeks of employment, just because of the stress and anxiety. I doubted whether I was smart enough, whether my financial plan was sound, and, if I survived it all, would someone hire me afterwards? Looking back after thirty years, I'm glad I took the risks, I'm proud of my decisions, and I was grateful to the people who supported me. In the end, I have been able to see the best and worst of the world; poverty and survival, pain and redemption. And I have seen much hope.

My advice:
    Surround yourself with the people who care for you and support you, and listen to their advice whether or not they are saying what you want to hear, In the end, it is up to you to decide.

Stay away from the people who tear down your confidence, whether it's family, friends or colleagues. If you can't avoid them, then at least recognize their perspective is negative and toxic to your wellbeing.

Develop your own identity of where you want to be in life and what you need to do to get there. Be practical. Narrow it down to your natural gifts and chosen interests. Don't be afraid to get counselling to help you achieve your goals.

The goals I'm referring to include all aspects of your life, including employment, a positive sense of self worth, and healthy relationships. All of these are important to your overall wellbeing and crucial in making decisions about your future.

Accept the support from your mom and be grateful for it, even if you don't always agree with what she's telling you. She's looking out for your best interests. In the end, it is up to you to make your decisions. Remember that there will always be some anxiety and trepidation in moving forward, it's natural. Another thing to remember is that even if you go through this process of self discovery just to discover you're okay where you are, then that in itself is a worthwhile journey and will give you some answers.