Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: school filter system bypass

Default school filter system bypass

yeah i was just wounder if anyone has their own progem that they can attach this ip to so i can by pass this dang filter i got(IP:38.116.200.62 ) thanks for the help ^_^

ps. im such a bad pup lol

Well the thing is anything anyone could do remotely would be illegal..or at the very least have the authorities suspicious.

Now some things you can do downlaod safari at http://www.apple.com/safari/download/ and put it on a disc this will bypass the filter.

Or you could use ip adresses Go to Run=>type cmd=> then type "ping"(no quotes) then the site adress then enter the ip it gives you it will go to it.

Another option is to use any of the many proxy sites(google is your friend)

Also Whne googleing a site under the site name you will see cached version that sometimes works too.

Note:all the above only work (with the exception of safari)if the school blocks by site alone. If it scans for words(like my school does) your pretty much out of luck except for safari. Also what ype of computers does your school run because all the things i posted are for windows i dont know much about apple.

Quote Originally Posted by ruffie View Post
    i got(IP:38.116.200.62 )
    My school masks its ip on all the computer with the exception of the tech departments. Don't know about your school.

Not to sure what you meant about 'attaching' things to your IP.

But there are plenty of ways you can get past filtering systems. Just ask some-one who has managed to get round if you are determined. Some one has bound to find a stupid way around it. No one can give definate solutions all networks are set up differently.

But needn't we remind you the trouble you could get in if the school catches you. Given how much uneducated people are about these systems. I won't be surprised they'll drop a ton of bricks on you. The school network is used more for you go go on your face book, it is full of electronic records. So not only are you endangering yourself by going onto blocked sites that you should not be going on. Which could lead the school into trouble. You ultimately broke the security of the system (how ever weak it was) which they will also be alarmed about too.

Open proxies are generally a little shady but should work if your school hasn't blocked them. Or, what you could do is install a web proxy on your home PC and then tunnel through that. If you use SSH tunneling (I'm not sure the Windows equivalent, sorry) then you could do this completely encrypted and nobody at your school could see what you've been viewing (assuming you clear cookies and history when you're done).

Quote Originally Posted by chevre View Post
    Open proxies are generally a little shady but should work if your school hasn't blocked them. Or, what you could do is install a web proxy on your home PC and then tunnel through that. If you use SSH tunneling (I'm not sure the Windows equivalent, sorry) then you could do this completely encrypted and nobody at your school could see what you've been viewing (assuming you clear cookies and history when you're done).
    Windows has no real secure way to access remote computers. Even RDP (remote desktop) On XP machines (not too sure about the changes for vista, but you have to have the business version anyway).

And it is likely that the firewall will block all traffic except HTTP and HTTPS, anyway. That is what my school does anyway.

But if you are suggest to remote control your home pc I recommend using. www.logmein.com Create and account, and install the software on you PC. Just goto the website at school while you have left your computer on. Simple as. (just ensure no one else is using your home computer while you are accessing it though!) I recommended using portable firefox for you to install the plugin if you are not allowed to install ActiveX plugins.

Hm, well if you ran ssh on port 80 . Or, if you just install a web based proxy on your own machine it could work.

you know if you have a PC at home or a computer that is on all the time, install the program "logmein" from www.logmein.com this program allows you to remotely access your desktop from a school computer. then you just use the internet on your PC by remote. there is a free version of this program and it only features the remote desktop access (which is what you need). note that your PC has to be on in order to remote access it.

btw you do the remote access through the website listed and only the computer that you are accessinng needs the program
    Last edited by baby jester; 26-Feb-2008 at 00:23. Reason: addition

Why don't you just buckle down, and live with the filters they set up. Its not worth getting in trouble for doing something you shouldn't be doing on your school's computers.

nah iv bin too good to this school so yeah i want to do aleast one thing for my fellow students who hate the filters ^_^

in that case do the safari method i suggested then copy it to the main folder that everyone has access too and make sure everyone know its there. I once copied Spiderman 4 to the folder(this was right after it came out in theaters the school admins were pissed never figured out it was me though.)