Thread: Comfort and grief

Default Comfort and grief

In the last few days I had been thinking about how to describe the feeling I get when wearing. The word Comfort came up a lot.
    Well the other night I took my 18 yr old kitty to the vet and got the news that she was very sick with several problems and that her time left on earth was short. I was very saddened, crying, and coming home I had the realization (I was in a diaper) that what I was getting comfort from was grief, and that the grief was from separation from my Mom at a diapered age. It was my own body having this understanding, not mental. I don't know what this means in the long run for my desire to wear, but at the moment I don't have much desire, it's still connected to grief.
    I'd be interested to know if anyone else has had a connection like this and how it has effected them.

I haven't had that feeling. I'm skeptical that we can really know the genesis of this with any certainty, as it's so often rooted in memories from a very young age and our memories are often unreliable. As best I can tell (but I could be wrong), this is the marriage of a sensual enjoyment of soft and smooth things with the excitement of the forbidden (using baby things I'm too old for). There's more to it now after years of habit but that's the most basic I can think of. Anyone's guess as to why that combination in particular appealed to me but something sure did.

I'm sorry that your kitty is not doing well. I've lost four dogs in my lifetime, and I grieved for all of them. When I'm really down, I don't feel much like diapers. Diapers are most enjoyable for me when I feel well and am reasonably happy. If I'm worrying about something, the worry is very distracting.

I was adopted at the age of two, and so I conjecture that there may be a connection between being separated from my birth parents, and liking diapers, but I have no memories and no evidence to support that. I've given it a lot of thought, but I realize there may be other factors, things that happened later, when I would have been more aware of my surroundings.

I do remember from when I was a little boy, having neighbor friends who had either little brothers or sister who still were in diapers. They also used to wash cloth diapers and hang them out to dry on the clothes line. Any of these things could have triggered my thoughts, connecting diapers to developmental instincts. You should look up Love Mapping on Wikipedia as it explains connecting objects to sexual feelings.