Acting childish in public

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me, when I have my childish side slip through it isn't entirely on purpose. Head injuries of various degrees certainly leave their mark. I now have a thing with child like wonder where I find myself excited over every little new thing or animal spotting. I have had a couple tantrums, which were more or less sparked by discomfort. Also, my vocal word choice is some as one could say, simplistic for it is said without prior thought. Interesting enough, despite being 19 years old, I tend to find myself thinking I'm far younger and feeling astonished at the mention of my true age.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, now that I think of it, even in grade school as an eighth grader, I would always hang out with the first and second graders for I found that they were a lot more forgiving and kind, whereas my peers would constantly torment me. Maybe that I why I like involuntarily acting younger, it makes me feel safe from the scarring insults and harassment of those around me.

silentdreamer1996 said:
Actually, now that I think of it, even in grade school as an eighth grader, I would always hang out with the first and second graders for I found that they were a lot more forgiving and kind, whereas my peers would constantly torment me. Maybe that I why I like involuntarily acting younger, it makes me feel safe from the scarring insults and harassment of those around me.

I can totally relate to this.. I couldn't do it in elementary school but whenever I've been in a situation where I could hang out with people younger than me, I would almost do so, even now. I just feel more comfortable that way.

I feel that when you are in public that the clothing and such should be kept at an acceptable level. I don't really agree with acting obviously little in public. There are totally times when I am out in public that I feel very little but I keep it to a not noticeable level. I have worn my overalls in public but that is not because I was dressing little I just wear overalls. There are little subtle things that Daddy will do in public when I am little and such but for the most part that is an at home thing.

binkygirl said:
I feel that when you are in public that the clothing and such should be kept at an acceptable level. I don't really agree with acting obviously little in public. There are totally times when I am out in public that I feel very little but I keep it to a not noticeable level. I have worn my overalls in public but that is not because I was dressing little I just wear overalls. There are little subtle things that Daddy will do in public when I am little and such but for the most part that is an at home thing.

I agree with your thoughts here.
One has to be adult in public.

silentdreamer1996 said:
- - - Updated - - -

So sorry to hear you had to deal with bullying.:(

Just out of curiosity, you said you hung with lower elementary aged kids when you were in 8th grade. I'm guessing you went to a private school for this to be possible? I attended a "K-12" small Christian school from the second grade thru senior year. It's really strange for me now seeing fellow students that are etched in my memory as being little kids now pushing 30 years old, with kids of their own.

I indeed attended a private catholic grade school that was pre-school through eighth grade. The younger ones were always kinder, free of bad influences as the older ones were. Oddly enough, despite the group I hung out with, I was the elder of the school, graduating at the age of 15.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back