How Loud Are Baby Diapers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you see someone you know, and you have a bag of Pampers on hand at the checkout, you can tell them you're buying them as a gift or something to donate at a charity. Or, you can be more "honest" and say you have a medical issue that you don't want anybody to know about, and are buying the Pampers to be more discrete, so the world doesn't know. If they are your friends, they will understand. They have to!

Honeywell6180 said:
If you see someone you know, and you have a bag of Pampers on hand at the checkout, you can tell them you're buying them as a gift or something to donate at a charity. Or, you can be more "honest" and say you have a medical issue that you don't want anybody to know about, and are buying the Pampers to be more discrete, so the world doesn't know. If they are your friends, they will understand. They have to!

I'd rather go with option A... I'm err donating them.. My friend(s) would not understand I doubt. Nobody knows.. and I'd like to keep it that way. Most people were I live are "too good" to shop at walmart what ever that means.. So I doubt I'd see them. But murphy's law.. right? xD

SuperiorPenguin said:
I'd rather go with option A... I'm err donating them.. My friend(s) would not understand I doubt. Nobody knows.. and I'd like to keep it that way. Most people were I live are "too good" to shop at walmart what ever that means.. So I doubt I'd see them. But murphy's law.. right? xD

And that right there, is why you buy the Pampers, and bypass ANYTHING that says "Depend" or "Always". Because the very moment you have to buy an "adult incontinence product" or "underwear", people will start seeing you as "less than socially acceptable" and "incontinent". So yes, you got it right. Stay with the Number Sixes, and keep a lid on it. You're good to go! :D

SuperiorPenguin said:
I live in a small town but I don't know anyone. We have a Walmart not far from me. But I'd be afraid of seeing someone I know. The nearest target is atleast 40 miles. I am sure Walmart has them though. And walmart has self checkout, it would just be a matter of getting to the self checkout. xD

Self Check-Out - - - Make sure to do a couple of practice dry runs with less imposing merchandise.
Screw it up by not doing it right or have the machine jam and then require a human assistance to blow your discrete method of purchase.
But other than that check out that they have bags big enough to hold and cover the purchase otherwise so much for trying to keep the purchase hidden as you exit the store.
Remember the Self-Check-Out areas are out in common view with ceiling video cameras all over the place.
In some respects using a shopping cart and just leave the diaper items in the cart and have the cashier manually scan them maybe a better method without waving them all over
the check-out counter and lugging them out the door.

Cottontail said:
Yep, fairly limited as Honeywell said. One thing that helps a bit is to take them all out of the bag as soon as you get them and let them expand. They'll be twice as thick in a day, and about 4x as thick in a week. (And 4x the thickness is still pretty thin, so don't be worrying about discreetness!) The added thickness definitely makes them feel more diapery, and also helps with the speed of absorption. Either way, you'll want to be a bit deliberate and slow in wetting them, as while they have quite a bit of SAP in them, they'll never keep up with an adult-sized flood.

try 15 seconds in the dryer ;)

bambinod said:

Yes, this does work well. It's always tempting to leave them in a bit longer, but there seems to be a very fine line between fluffy and clumpy.

Cottontail said:
Yes, this does work well. It's always tempting to leave them in a bit longer, but there seems to be a very fine line between fluffy and clumpy.

hehe... "I wonder what 60 seconds will do?" ... "hmmm maybe I'll stop at 30 and see how it's going.... NOOOO!" yeah... all padding broken up into itty bitty pieces all over the dryer. Many lint catch clean-outs required!

bambinod said:

That sounds delightful! :)

- - - Updated - - -

babylock1 said:
Self Check-Out - - - Make sure to do a couple of practice dry runs with less imposing merchandise.
Screw it up by not doing it right or have the machine jam and then require a human assistance to blow your discrete method of purchase.
But other than that check out that they have bags big enough to hold and cover the purchase otherwise so much for trying to keep the purchase hidden as you exit the store.
Remember the Self-Check-Out areas are out in common view with ceiling video cameras all over the place.
In some respects using a shopping cart and just leave the diaper items in the cart and have the cashier manually scan them maybe a better method without waving them all over
the check-out counter and lugging them out the door.

Walmart checkers are always teenagers where I live. I'd rather risk having the manager help me via self checkout if worse comes to worse. At-least the manager is an adult.

SuperiorPenguin said:

Went to the store and bought some goodnite tru-fit inserts the other day. I walk up to the check out lane, sit my purchase down, and look up. The vice President of the company I work for is standing there checking out. We had polite conversation and went about our day. I don't think he gave second thought as to who or what they are for.

FudgedInLuvs said:
Should be quiet as I think they're all cloth backed. Goodnites do have plastic backing that gives them noise. Curious, any thought to giving a review or posting on the fit of pampers baby dry 6? Been temped to try them myself after slimming down, but a little hesitant on pulling the trigger right away.

I just got them in the mail. Review to come Monday. Stay tuned! :)

- - - Updated - - -

Cottontail said:

They fit better than a goodnite :0 That really surprises me since goodnites are for teens and these are made for babies! I fit in them with no modification. The tapes are stretchy enough easily!

SuperiorPenguin said:
I just got them in the mail. Review to come Monday. Stay tuned! :)

- - - Updated - - -

They fit better than a goodnite :0 That really surprises me since goodnites are for teens and these are made for babies! I fit in them with no modification. The tapes are stretchy enough easily!

Glad to hear that! I remember you mentioned maybe needing the extenders, even though you're skinny with a 32" waist. Glad they didn't need any modifications! A pack is lurking in my future

FudgedInLuvs said:
Glad to hear that! I remember you mentioned maybe needing the extenders, even though you're skinny with a 32" waist. Glad they didn't need any modifications! A pack is lurking in my future

They're pretty darn tight without any modification. If I wore them for any period of time (aka, 3-4 hours or overnight) modification would be required. They do hold a lot more than a goodnite which surprised me. I got away with 2 1/2 wetting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back