Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: How Loud Are Baby Diapers?

Default How Loud Are Baby Diapers?

So I ordered some pampers size 6s. I've never worn/used them before. Are they loud when worn? Or is it something I could get away with under some jeans?

Those are clothlike covers, like almost all baby diapers these days. As a result, they're pretty quiet.

Quote Originally Posted by trevor View Post
    those are clothlike covers, like almost all baby diapers these days. As a result, they're pretty quiet.
    sweet!

Wear nylon sweat pants. Wear cloth underwear in between your pants and diaper. Invest in a onesie and wear as a t-shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by zipperless View Post
    Wear nylon sweat pants. Wear cloth underwear in between your pants and diaper. Invest in a onesie and wear as a t-shirt.
    I have a onsie!

As for the rest, thanks for the advise!

Cloth alone is very quieting but wrap a plastic panty diaper cover over it - then don't venture into the quiet zone in a library.
    It is even more noisy when wearing a short skirt or a dress - not the droids you were looking for to quiet things down.
    Loosely worn plastic diaper covers are not a good way to move quietly about the campus. When double diapered the plastic
    tends to stretch out and is quieter. What is worn as outwear - the onesie you mentioned is a great way to tone things down
    as the noise is insulated under cloth - the same for wearing jeans or tights; leggings etc. Stay away from heavy vinyl unless
    wearing on a very warm day to soften the crinkle noise.
    In most cases the noise factor is all in your head - with ambient noise all around only place to be careful is the quiet zone
    in a library - an empty restroom with ceramic tile walls (think echo chamber) - you would make more noise wearing corduroy pants.

Quote Originally Posted by babylock1 View Post
    Cloth alone is very quieting but wrap a plastic panty diaper cover over it - then don't venture into the quiet zone in a library.
    It is even more noisy when wearing a short skirt or a dress - not the droids you were looking for to quiet things down.
    Loosely worn plastic diaper covers are not a good way to move quietly about the campus. When double diapered the plastic
    tends to stretch out and is quieter. What is worn as outwear - the onesie you mentioned is a great way to tone things down
    as the noise is insulated under cloth - the same for wearing jeans or tights; leggings etc. Stay away from heavy vinyl unless
    wearing on a very warm day to soften the crinkle noise.
    In most cases the noise factor is all in your head - with ambient noise all around only place to be careful is the quiet zone
    in a library - an empty restroom with ceramic tile walls (think echo chamber) - you would make more noise wearing corduroy pants.
    I typically wear, jeans or slacks. I shouldn't have a problem!

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorPenguin View Post
    So I ordered some pampers size 6s. I've never worn/used them before. Are they loud when worn? Or is it something I could get away with under some jeans?
    Worn as a pad under standard underwear, Pampers are the most discrete form of protection you can get! There is no commonly available adult protective garment that can even come close for light bladder control issues for quietness and low visibility. A swap can be done in seconds, in a public restroom. After use, the Pampers can be conveniently tossed in the bin, next to the changing table.

They are also quite thin, so an extra can easily fit in a front pocket. They are also very SILENT. Nobody will be able to hear them. They will also disappear underneath you, so you won't feel them.

Pampers are very quiet, in my experience. I wouldn't worry about the sound. Many clothing fabrics are noisier than Pampers. However, if they're scented, you'll undoubtedly detect a bit of that powdery scent emanating from your pants--and a bit more if you wet. In the extremely unlikely event that somebody remarks on it, you can just say that you ran out of deodorant and had to use your girlfriend's.

Quote Originally Posted by Cottontail View Post
    Pampers are very quiet, in my experience. I wouldn't worry about the sound. Many clothing fabrics are noisier than Pampers. However, if they're scented, you'll undoubtedly detect a bit of that powdery scent emanating from your pants--and a bit more if you wet. In the extremely unlikely event that somebody remarks on it, you can just say that you ran out of deodorant and had to use your girlfriend's.
    So... it might not mesh with my Old Spice? LOL

Good that they are not loud, smells are the least of my worries honestly, as long as it is a pleasant smell I am not to worried.