Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexTurnerIII

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
So I like goodnites occasionally, I think they're cute and they fit my waist well, but is there anyway to make them hold more? They hold like half a wee..

Any advise on that?

I was delighted last year when Huggies introduced their new elastic. Despite having a 38" waist, I can now step right into GoodNites L/XL and run around all day in them. The rise is just enough to ensure that they stay up versus threatening to fall down.

But the biggest problem I have with them remained unfixed, and is likely to remain unfixed: The crotch width.

Width of crotch in GoodNites L/XL: 16cm
Width of crotch in Pampers Baby Dry size 6 (and most baby diapers, including Huggies): 22cm

...because baby diapers need room for poop, something GoodNites are seldom burdened with. On top of that, the male adolescents who wear GoodNites for need are also somewhat less than fully developed "down there", so neither are the GoodNites burdened with containing a full-wrought wee-wee and set of testes. Those males who are older and hence fully-developed often exhaust the modest frontal accomodations of GoodNites, leading to disastrous gapping right where it's most problematic: Immediately next to the source of urine. And that's the problem I have: I can wear GoodNites quite comfortably, but they may as well not be there when I urinate; I leak immediately.

If the crotch width of GoodNites was increased, even by as little as 4cm, they would immediately become a favorite of mine. Until then, however, I'll find baby diapers much more effective, even where extending of tapes is necessary.

Cottontail said:
I'll find baby diapers much more effective, even where extending of tapes is necessary.

Care to tell me more about that? I have a 32~ waist, if you fit in baby diapers with a 38 inch waist, I should with mine. Which ones and how do you extend the tapes? That sounds truly amazing.

SuperiorPenguin said:
Care to tell me more about that? I have a 32~ waist, if you fit in baby diapers with a 38 inch waist, I should with mine. Which ones and how do you extend the tapes? That sounds truly amazing.

Running out just now, so will make this brief (and possibly add more later). For Pampers, here's one method:
https://www.adisc.org/forum/showthread.php/83319-How-To-Make-Diaper-Extenders

There are plenty of others, though. Not to mention that the tapes on Pampers can, if you go slowly, be over-stretched out to nearly a meter. They'll be tight, but... just sayin'!

Cottontail said:
Running out just now, so will make this brief (and possibly add more later). For Pampers, here's one method:
https://www.adisc.org/forum/showthread.php/83319-How-To-Make-Diaper-Extenders

There are plenty of others, though. Not to mention that the tapes on Pampers can, if you go slowly, be over-stretched out to nearly a meter. They'll be tight, but... just sayin'!

Another idea I just thought of is, if you duct tape together it is a nice surface to stick things to, including itself. I have pink and blue and lotsa' other duct take colors might make a nice tape extender.

SuperiorPenguin said:
Another idea I just thought of is, if you duct tape together it is a nice surface to stick things to, including itself. I have pink and blue and lotsa' other duct take colors might make a nice tape extender.

Yeah, definitely. You can also get diaper-compatible Velcro straps from fabric stores as well as home improvement stores like The Home Depot and Lowes. Velcro "One-Wrap", for instance, comes in rolls of varying width and you cut it to length. The stuff sold at Home Depot is usually black in color. Fabric stores usually have white, and I've even seen it with pink hearts and other patterns. It works great.

But again, there are loads of ways to do it. I tend to prefer reusable extenders, mainly because, once you've made them, you get to enjoy dozens of totally effortless diaperings before you have to get out the scissors, tape, staples, etc. again.

You can also add a GoodNites true-fit booster pad in the GoodNites, this increase their capacity to an incredible level, the pads for GoodNites true-fit are just booster pads so they work really just like a booster, that's why there's a waterproof part in the GoodNites true-fit underwear.

Some members have talked about diaper inserts to help absorb. For me, I wear Goodnites and then put a cloth diaper over the Goodnites and then plastic pants over the cloth. That's how I go to bed at night. The cloth absorbs the overflow but doesn't smell as much. I think the Goodnite works a little bit as a filter, and they do hold a fair amount. They just leak a lot.

Cottontail said:
But the biggest problem I have with them remained unfixed, and is likely to remain unfixed: The crotch width.

The Walmart brand goodnites don't have that problem.

Sparks said:
The Walmart brand goodnites don't have that problem.

I can confirm this, wish I could try the US version to be 100% sure they are the same but the ones we have in Canada (Parents Choice) are working wonderful, they are a little bit cardboard like and uncomfortable but they work really well, wish they were more like GoodNites for the material at least.

Cottontail said:
Yeah, definitely. You can also get diaper-compatible Velcro straps from fabric stores as well as home improvement stores like The Home Depot and Lowes. Velcro "One-Wrap", for instance, comes in rolls of varying width and you cut it to length. The stuff sold at Home Depot is usually black in color. Fabric stores usually have white, and I've even seen it with pink hearts and other patterns. It works great.

But again, there are loads of ways to do it. I tend to prefer reusable extenders, mainly because, once you've made them, you get to enjoy dozens of totally effortless diaperings before you have to get out the scissors, tape, staples, etc. again.

I ordered a pack of Pampers Baby Drys, I have so much amazon money because Christmas and the fact I'm an adult.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back