Betterdry diapers

Status
Not open for further replies.
nilson said:
i like them they do hold a lot, are comfortale and the tapes are good to, but i understand the dissapointments as if you are expecting a improved conficare these arent that,

You can't compare the two as they're two different beasts

Ok, I have now tried the new Betterdry diaper.

Here's my opinion.
The negatives:
Plastic is way too thin, meaning the plastic may break when you put on the diaper, at least if you try to get a snug fit. Also the plastic seems to stretch over time (couple of hours), the tapes come lose also, I had to use duct tape in the end.

The Betterdry diapers also lack decent odor control, meaning you will smell of wet diaper after three hours max.
On the positive side:
It absorbs well, though it does have a tendency to swell like the Inspire diaper resulting in a farily noticeable diaper bulge in the front. Something the old Comficare didn't suffer from despite also having great absorbancy, so the Betterdry diaper is NOT a discrete high absorbant diaper like many of the competitors.

to be honest, I'll rather go with another diaper than the Betterdry for now, at least until they fix the problems with the current design. Then I might give them a try again.

I dunno, I liked them o_o
Also, the odour control was MUCH better than in the Comficares! Comficares would absolutely STINK after the first hour after wetting.. actually, not even that long. They had this weird smell to them all in all, I don't know what was up with it. With Betterdry, I wet them four times and didn't notice any bad smell. Weird how we had the complete opposite experience??
Other diaper that tends to smell bad is the new clothback Tena Maxi.

I could flood them four times with no problem and the tapes held well for me, too. They swell a lot like old plastic Tena Maxi used to :D I kinda like it, though.
Betterdry IMO is a really good diaper, it's just.. not Comficare. I will really miss this diaper, it was co comfortable and soft. Betterdry is kinda stiff and hard due to all the SAP. Also, it had one of the BEST tapes and landing zone there was! Right now I have no diaper I can just take off easily and put back on..

People have really been putting Betterdry down, but after trying one to the max, I feel like it's more of a case of "This is not the old one and I am dissapointed of that fact" rather than them actually being really a bad product.

I ordered three packs of them, and one Crinklz, so I'll let you peeps know if my feelings of them change over time :) Having to use 60 of the same diaper is gonna give me a much better idea of what the product is like than just one test drive, even though I did test it to the fullest extend of it.
Right now I'd say it's got some good bang for your buck! And if you like diapers that swell a lot, these are great!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back