Status
Not open for further replies.

shadowtail

Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
  2. Sissy
  3. Little
Recently my main group of irl friends found out i was a furry and while some of them dont really care about it a majority of them seem to have started to ignore me. I dont really get out much and ive felt kinda sad recently just looking for some tips.

I haven't had any "real life" friends for ages... we all went our separate ways, I guess... oh well. I haven't met anyone else, nor do I really know a way to do so that'd even work for me right now. But I have a bunch of good friends online. When I'm feeling alone, I guess I just talk to them and/or try to keep busy with fun stuff. Video games, rp, tv, movies, etc... It doesn't always work, but it helps a ton at times.

I'm kind of a solitude lover to begin with... but I like to take time to really indulge in a guilty pleasure, nurture myself with something soothing like a long hot bath while watching a movie with a 6 pack of IBC cream soda... reflect on myself/life/my desires/emotions...

it all probably sounds corny... but the time you gain as a result from "friends" ignoring you I think is best spent building yourself up and getting back in touch more with yourself... you realize that if your friends shun you for your passions... they are best off not being your friends... if they were true friends they would encourage you to be you even if it isn't their cup of tea... "friends" don't just up and ignore friends...

don't be ashamed of who you are and don't let anyone get you down... chin up and press on!!!

you will be loved for who you are and become...

Reactions: Little2Roo
WaddleKitten said:
I'm kind of a solitude lover to begin with... but I like to take time to really indulge in a guilty pleasure, nurture myself with something soothing like a long hot bath while watching a movie with a 6 pack of IBC cream soda... reflect on myself/life/my desires/emotions...

it all probably sounds corny... but the time you gain as a result from "friends" ignoring you I think is best spent building yourself up and getting back in touch more with yourself... you realize that if your friends shun you for your passions... they are best off not being your friends... if they were true friends they would encourage you to be you even if it isn't their cup of tea... "friends" don't just up and ignore friends...

don't be ashamed of who you are and don't let anyone get you down... chin up and press on!!!

you will be loved for who you are and become...

I can't agree more with WaddleKitten.

I would also like to add, that as life continues you tend to run into more friends. Sometimes you run into people who are really good to you and accept you no matter what. Also, having friends online I find to be just as good. I know a lot of people act like online friends are not real friends, but honestly, they can be really good friends to have and they are just as real as any other friend in my opinion.

Online friends have gotten me through some tough times in my life.

Also, going out tends to help a lot when it comes to meeting people. Book stores in your favorite section with people who like the same kind of books .. just as an example. You can apply this to pretty much anything and meet people.

brabbit1987 said:
I know a lot of people act like online friends are not real friends, but honestly, they can be really good friends to have and they are just as real as any other friend in my opinion.

I find that to be very true. I've had a lot of really good online friends in the past, and the whole reason I signed up for this site was to try and make some more.

When it comes to meeting people in real life, it's definitely a lot harder to find someone who shares the same interests as you. Doubly so if you're like me and don't want to tell people about the whole AB or furry scene. You might have an easier time at cons though - you're basically guaranteed everyone there has at least one shared interest. The only thing to watch out for is the crowds.

Unfortunately I can't make any recommendations for furry cons. It seems like I'm in a dead-zone and the closest one I know about is FWA in Atlanta, which is a 6 hour drive for me, so I've had the chance to go to one.

Find a furrie meet in denver we met up every Thursday at a restaurant where they will draw and talk so it's like a cool meet up.
Then you'll find more people that are in the furry fandom that way.
We are every were's

Some of it just seems to be a personality thing. There are people whose company I miss because I care about them but it's rare that I feel general loneliness for unnamed others. People who do need that kind of interaction seem to benefit from structuring their lives with activities that involve others and keeping up on their social contacts. It's not instant if you're starting from scratch, but the best way to get a friend is to be one. Find friends who reciprocate that care and attention and you're well off. Above all, keep busy.

I guess its been hard to find online friends i guess i need to be less shy but at the same time im just scared that will just alienate people who want to be friends

As a church musician I've always had friends through the church where I was employed. That's even where I met my wife. The first church which employed me after college had a car club where they raced cars on the 1/4 mile. I build a car and had a blast. Even now at my age, I go out to dinner with church friends, etc.

What I'm saying is you could become involved with some sort of group. I also bike, but I haven't become involved with a biking group yet, but I'd like to. There are gyms that you could go to, or pools, etc. Find something that you enjoy doing and get involved. You meet a nicer group of people that way, usually.

For decades I really had no friends, until the last few years, when I found them in the Autism and Cerebral palsy disability communities both locally and online.
Friendship has always been difficult for me.
It also did not help that my late Mom who was profoundly mentally ill drove people away and made making friendships impossible until the last few years, after she had passed away.
I am happier now having friends as I age as a Senior Citizen.

I haven't had any irl friends for a while. It's a bit lonely but you get used to it. Eventually you'll start to find people who you can hang out with irl that aren't bothered by what you're into, it takes time. According to your profile you're only 19, like me, It took me a long while to find friends, and I still haven't really got any irl, but it doesn't matter to me because I know that the people I'm friends with online are very close to me as I am to them, friendship doesn't mean you have to be able to physically be able to interact with them, as long as the friendship is there and its strong, you can be satisfied with online friendships for quite some time. Plus, Late-Teen Young-Adults are assholes (I can say that because I am a late-teen young-adult) If people don't like you because of something you're into that's pretty low and shallow. People should like you for your personality and such, not for what you're into; Provided you aren't like shoving it into their face or something.

My survival trick is doing outdoor activities in diapers. If you limit wearing diapers to your home, you limit yourself.

I have very little real life friends and extremely little "close" ABDL friends that stick around. Honestly, I want more people who are tolerant and accepting to this side of me. I would love some more ABDL friends in my life and even some close to where I live. As antisocial as I am, going out to munchies and hanging out with other littles will give me the feeling of acceptance I want.

The most frustrating thing to me is knowing there are a LOT of people out there (many of them here on ADISC) that would make great friends. It's just that we are spread out so much. One thing I wish someone would create, and I'm Sure we have the technology to do it, is Virtual Reallity meeting rooms. People game online all the time, as well as text and group chat. Why not have VR social rooms where you have an avatar of your choice who can walk around and meet others and talk to them. Something like this is described on the book "Ready Player One". Wouldn't that be awesome!

Little2Roo said:
The most frustrating thing to me is knowing there are a LOT of people out there (many of them here on ADISC) that would make great friends. It's just that we are spread out so much. One thing I wish someone would create, and I'm Sure we have the technology to do it, is Virtual Reallity meeting rooms. People game online all the time, as well as text and group chat. Why not have VR social rooms where you have an avatar of your choice who can walk around and meet others and talk to them. Something like this is described on the book "Ready Player One". Wouldn't that be awesome!

It already exists. It's called Second Life.

Yeah, but wouldn't it be cool to have something that would work with the Oculus Rift device? I can't wait to try one of those, they look so amazing.

Little2Roo said:

I actually had an idea of a virtual city where members have homes and some can run shops and sell virtual goods for credits and the more people join, the more houses are built. Those who code can be the "construction workers" while the moderators can be the police of sorts. Basically the entire ABDL, Little, and Ageplayer community in one virtual city. Unfortunately, my idea got shot down by several people saying the manpower alone is too much to be expected of. A great idea nonetheless despite the lack of interest.

Mattew said:
Yeah, but wouldn't it be cool to have something that would work with the Oculus Rift device? I can't wait to try one of those, they look so amazing.

Second Life does work with the Occulus Rift (albeit imperfectly).

Ahh. I wasn't aware of that. If only I could afford one & it worked perfect.

Being able to walk around and interact with people sounds like it would be fun for a while, but the development investment for a pure VR system would be enormous. An established system is probably our best bet, and then it wouldn't be ABDL specific.

Still, sounds interesting enough I'd want to try it if there were such a system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back