Why do furries act like assholes to other furries?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoran

Crinkle Squeaker
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
I'm not sure if I worded that right but I thought The furry fandom is like a one big family all nice to each other and supportive and have each other's backs blah blah but I uploaded a picture of a brand new training pant to FA so other folks could use it as a reference for drawing and I get this comment "what the hell is this shit. Fucking hell Pedo" now it's only the diaper no piss,poop or being worn but it's the second time it's happened to me and it makes me furious that supposed like minded people do that and how/why would someone assume your a pedo by a single picture?

Last edited:
Just as there are all types of people in the world, there are also all types of people in every group. No group is free from jerks.

Well you know.....furries are animals. You're right though. They shouldn't act like animals. More to the point, you would think that people who are outside the mainstream of society would be a lot more accepting to others who though different, share the fact that we are different.

The truth is that there are nice people and also ass holes in all different groupings of people. You simply ran into someone who's not worth the powder to blow off the face of the earth.

There are a lot of troll's on FA.
There have been a few attack some of the baby fur artists on there.
There is a backlash from rainfurest also .
Us babyfurs like one another ok but you must understand we may be furs but we have human thoughts feelings so as in real life there are some that will ever be nice.
Some are brave on there FA page about being babyfur or diaperfur but get to popular and get trolled real bad.
I mostly stick to babyfur's page's my self and yes my babyfur page has mostly babyfur art.
I keep to my own babyfur kind.
So sadly all fur's are not all accepting of one another .
Most of the babyfur's are we are such a mix .
Hugs

Just like with any other community/fandom; any mass of people will have it's fair share of jerks and A-holes. Lots of people are dicks, so if there are a lot of people in one place there'll be a lot of not nice people mixed in with those people. I doubt furries are unique to having extra jerks within their community, but any fandom or mass following/community can be nasty at times.

That's unfortunate that some people were so insecure themselves with what you posted that they felt the need to lash out at you, but don't take it personally. There'll probably people who appreciated your post as well.

ADISC is really the only exception I've seen where there have been virtually zero trolls or complete jerks. Sure, there may have been some people who've had conflicting opinions with mine, but it's always been chilling here. Otherwise I almost always expect there to be (and usually witness) at least some nasty people.

Thanks everyone for your support! It's just that it has never really happened too many times and so I'm in this little utopia where people get along but that's obviously not the case.

People are asshats. I've had those kinds of people comment on my stuff on FA before. You just have to find the right bubble on FA to be in. There are generally little circles of people who are all about the same things. Usually a handful of a few hundred people or so who are awesome, the rest either ignore stuff they don't like, then you have the upper 4% who are just plain asses. Ignore the assholes, if they insult, I always take it as they like the person they're insulting. . . it pisses them off more to say "Aww thank you for such a nice complement!" Lol

Awe. I'm sorry Eperiment626. I hope that doesn't happen again to you. Yeah, there's some jerks out there.

I luckily haven't attracted many trolls on FA. Only one or two lazy ones that posted one thing and never returned. It can be hard, but try not to pay much attention to them.

There are jerks in every part of life, sadly. The main thing is not to listen to them.

That's unfortunate that some people were so insecure themselves with what you posted that they felt the need to lash out at you, but don't take it personally. There'll probably people who appreciated your post as well.

ADISC is really the only exception I've seen where there have been virtually zero trolls or complete jerks. Sure, there may have been some people who've had conflicting opinions with mine, but it's always been chilling here. Otherwise I almost always expect there to be (and usually witness) at least some nasty people.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We have great mod's here they keep tite hold on troll's .
Some year's back we did have a problem with person's posting very mean post's about grammer. But it has changed with member's sticking up for one another over mean posting now we are one big happy den for the most part. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Just like "normal" humans, if there is such a thing as a normal human. A lot of furries are anti diaper.
Some furries are litterally FULL of sh1t. I know, I have met a few. MOST furries that I have met are great guys but one has to be careful, it is a jungle out there.

As far as I can tell, the furry fandom is a group of people with a common interest that's considered strange by the rest of the world. Some more than eager to tell you exactly what parts of the fandom don't belong and therefore attract negative attention from the rest of the world. And then, on the other paw, are a whole lot of really nice people, and they're worth sticking around for. :)

I am not a creep, and I am a furry.
Another of my Jewish autistic friends I know face-to-face, AW, is a furry, and she is not a creep either.

I don't know. Why do AB/DLs act like assholes to other AB/DLs? Why do autistic people act like assholes to other autistic people? Why do Americans act like assholes to other Americans? Why do people act like assholes to others? There are bad apples in every group.

I think in every group of people you will have that unfortunately. Some people either don't get the babyfur thing and just see it as a negative and others are just trolls out to ruin your day. I been pretty careful how I upload my stuff but I am very thoughtful and am worried about being offensive. although if your uploading pictures on FA for someone else to see I recommend uploading to your scraps gallery it won't show up in the main feed and only too your watchers. I always try to be nice to people in hopes it rubs off but sometimes that does not work.

having very little to no experince with the furry community offline and not being a furry myself. I think the issue here is the "baby/diaper" fur. A subset in a already subset community and babyfur's can, will and do affect public perception of furries and most people really seem to find fursuiters weird and what not.

The best you can do is simply ignore it and if it's at a con possibly get surcurity.

The anonymity of the internet doesn't help. I have fallen prey to that, and I try really hard not to. It's hard to punch someone through a monitor. Makes you feel like you can say anything without risking any limbs.

I've met very few furries that act like that in person, though. I'm sure I'll meet more if I widen my sample size.

"It's not tragic you have Merlin's Magic!"
"TROLLS!"

I'm not sure if you are aware of this, but there is an effort by furries to influence the public's opinion on the fandom both ways. I can think of furs that want to help the fandom's image (encourage mainstreaming). I've can think of furs that want to sterilize the fandom so people can't think poorly of it (also encourage mainstreaming). I can think of furs that want to hurt the fandom's image (discourage mainstreaming). You probably ran into group number two. These things happen when you get a fandom.

Some people had a bad day and really shouldn't be interacting with others at the moment. "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all." kind of thing.

As for word choice, "pedophile" is in the same bunch of name-calling as "Hitler" these days. A good friend told me this once: He swears because, say, he stubs his toe on the door. He's in pain, so he does something quickly to do something other than focusing on stubbing his toe. I yelp or growl, he swears. It's a reaction with a widely accepted understanding. He doesn't want to spend the time to say it more eloquently, so he lets loose some foul literature... a reflex.

Here, this person may have combined one or more of the above reasons for disliking your picture and this reflex reaction... they wanted to let you know they didn't like it, but they didn't feel like typing it out for whatever reason, so they swore at you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back