Cloth or Disposable : Posted this back in 09, and wondering how the numbers might have changed.

Cloth or disposable

• Cloth diaper and water proof pants

Votes: 27 25.7%
  • disposable diapers

Votes: 86 81.9%
  • cloth training pant

Votes: 8 7.6%
  • disposable training pants

Votes: 13 12.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Disposables, for whatever reason they just feel more comfy and they also feel better when you wet them. They also make me feel more child like, probably cause I grew up with disposables.

Cloth diapers I do admit has their advantages and they are pretty good advantages at that.

Plastic covered disposables for me. At times I will put water proof pants over my disposable if I think I am going to have the time and place for a real messy day.

When I was a baby plastic covered diapers were the only type. I wonder if the new generation that grew up with cloth covered will be bias towards the cloth type.

I love disposables they make me feel so little and love the crinkle sound

Would love to do cloth but just don't have the time. Disposables are just easy to do.

WABX said:
Would love to do cloth but just don't have the time. Disposables are just easy to do.

I wear one cloth diaper a day it does not add that much more time. it takes maybe a minute to put it on at night, and I rise it in the am in my just as I shower taking maybe 2 minutes, then it just one extra load of laundry each week (and since there are 2 washers and driers in the common area, my normal load and diaper load can go at the same time) it it takes maybe 21 more minutes a week.

BOTH! (Where's that choice?!)

I'm a big fan of cloth diapers. My sister and I were diapered in Curity prefolds back in the late 70's and early 80's. These were kept around the house after we were potty trained, and were my go-to diapers between the ages of 6 and 12. Of course, using them for their intended purpose was a bit tough--I couldn't run the washing machine--but simply wearing them was easy enough, and I did it A LOT! In my early teens, I began taking my allowance to the supermarket to buy Pampers and Huggies, and so began a several-decades-long exclusive love affair with disposables. Then, shortly after joining ADISC, I became cloth-curious again, and discovered the joys of adult-sized prefolds (by Changing Times).

So, nowadays, I would say that I'm mainly a cloth diaper wearer, but I still really like disposables. Cloth-backed Cushies (ABU) are my favorite adult disposables. Despite being mainly a DL, I have a very strong affinity for baby diapers and babyish adult diapers, and the single tapes are a big part of that.

That was a bit more of an answer than was requested, I suppose...

I'll always love plastic backed disposables first, but I also like to wear cloth. I love the how the bulk doesn't give way after being work for awhile. You can't make the bulk go away.

Cottontail, no problem on the long answer. I will admit I like Changing Times prefolds too. I will also say I normally like cloth but I am not against disposable when I do disposables I do Bellissimos. I am also starting to look at cloth training pants (as my other thread talks about)

Also it is slightly interesting to see that disposable vs cloth numbers are about the same still.

Well I wear Angelfluff ultimate 3's cloth primarily during the day,at nite I wear the super heavy weight nite diaper,if going out of town for a day trip I will wear ATN'S ,for longer trips I have Abena's , Northshore , and Moli's .
For over pants I wear "blue ice" by Gary and have bought my own pattern for both pull on and snap up,or sometimes wear kins rubber bloomers, all my onesies ( I have so many my onesies have onesies of there own)are Kin's.i get them at ridiculously cheap price because I order usually 30 at a time(5 of each color she has to offer at the time). All my doublers are full size non contoured.

Did I miss anything?

Peace

I wear both. In the mornings I use A+ level 4 disposables. Overnight I wear twill prefolds from Changing Times Diaper Co.
Also twill contour or Dependeco AIO's for afternoon/evening wear. Being on fixed income I find this combination saves me
money in the long run.

I would love to go all cloth but my work and home situation dictates disposables ,I work as a truck driver so don't want stinky diapers in the cab for days on end
Home apart from I think my mum knows no one else does :sweatdrop:

Disposables with plastic pants for me.

I actually think those who grew up with disposables are going to like disposables more, while those who grew up with cloth will likely go with cloth.

Personally, the issue I have with cloth diapers is ... it just doesn't feel anymore like a diaper than if I was to buy a bunch of white shirts and use them as cloth diapers xD. Well besides the cloth diapers being more absorbent and softer, it ultimately feels similar. I think it's more of mental thing than it is physical. Cloth diapers just don't give me that diaper feel.

brabbit1987 said:
I actually think those who grew up with disposables are going to like disposables more, while those who grew up with cloth will likely go with cloth.

Personally, the issue I have with cloth diapers is ... it just doesn't feel anymore like a diaper than if I was to buy a bunch of white shirts and use them as cloth diapers xD. Well besides the cloth diapers being more absorbent and softer, it ultimately feels similar. I think it's more of mental thing than it is physical. Cloth diapers just don't give me that diaper feel.

Not always. I was in clot diapers. But always look at plastic back diapers while growing up.

I use mostly disposables but haveing some cloth and plastic pants around is good when you have the time. It requires a bit of planning if you don't keep a diaper pail going though.

brabbit1987 said:

Just my casual observation of people talking about what they like supports this trend but it doesn't fit me. I think what was available at the time I started being interested was more relevant and the feel of the plastic on disposables was of primary importance. If I had to guess, I'd say my initial interest is sensual more than anything, although status was also involved. Actually using them was low priority until I had routine access to diapers that fit and good privacy, which was after I was an adult.

Cloth diapers are okay and I like plastic pants but disposables are what really get the job done for me in terms of enjoyment 98% or the time.

attends10 said:
When I was a baby plastic covered diapers were the only type. I wonder if the new generation that grew up with cloth covered will be bias towards the cloth type.

I'm a tiny bit younger than you, but was cloth diapered. As a young kid I fantasised about wearing cloth diapers, but (maybe through seeing TV advertising, maybe because my first adventures as an adult were buying baby-sized disposables...?) in the end, I prefer disposables... and definitely plastic-backed ones!

I wear both kinds, but I have to say, I prefer disposables for some reason, something about the feel of them, and the crinkle is really nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back