Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: News story: Domesticated diapered chimp mauls neighbor!

Default News story: Domesticated diapered chimp mauls neighbor!

Read all about it!

If anyone finds images, feel free to post them here. Discuss.

Bit late aren't ya?

Anyways it seams the chimp wanted to do all human stuff besides use the toilet. <_>

But really I am just sorry a woman got BOTH her hands bitten off and her face disfigured for life.

secretdl26

I think that every part of this story is tragic.

A woman living alone with a chimp as a substitute for a human companion, yes I know pets can be a comfort but viewing a chimp as a human is tragic.

A chimp is a wild animal, and will always be one. Expecting a chimp to be human, and to behave socially like a human is absurd and wrong.

It is tragic that someone else had to suffer for her wrong decisions, and it is tragic that the media fallout from such an event is so widespread and has even influenced another scandal (the political cartoon that is seemingly racist).

Am I wrong?

Close to home for me, I'm in CT. A good reason to avoid zanax. The chimp could use a toilet too according to the local paper.

Nam

Quote Originally Posted by secretdl26 View Post

A woman living alone with a chimp as a substitute for a human companion, yes I know pets can be a comfort but viewing a chimp as a human is tragic.

A chimp is a wild animal, and will always be one. Expecting a chimp to be human, and to behave socially like a human is absurd and wrong.

It is tragic that someone else had to suffer for her wrong decisions, and it is tragic that the media fallout from such an event is so widespread and has even influenced another scandal (the political cartoon that is seemingly racist).

Am I wrong?
    You're wrong about the racism, I think. The point of the cartoon in my mind is that Barack didn't even write the stimulus package, but is given all the credit for it (hired monkeys).

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    You're wrong about the racism, I think. The point of the cartoon in my mind is that Barack didn't even write the stimulus package, but is given all the credit for it (hired monkeys).
    Interestingly, I did a Google image search and came up with over 200,000 hits for Bush and Chimp. Odd that there was never any outrage about that.

Apparently enough monkeys with typewriters and time can not only come up with the complete works of Shakespeare, but a stimulus package also.

Like bush was given credit to bank failures and what not despite him not having anything to do with it?

secretdl26

Jon, I think that while you do have a point, it is hard to forgot about the history of the paper that published it.

To counter my own statement, the point of comic is really hard to fully interpret either way.

daria7483

Quote Originally Posted by secretdl26 View Post

Am I wrong?
    I agree with all your points except the political cartoon...I don't think that had anything to do with the chimp incident; it was just a coincidence that they happened in the same week.

The chimp should never have been kept as a pet. Just because an animal seems friendly towards humans doesn't mean it wants to live as your pet, or be in commercials. The domesticated cats and dogs that we have as pets have thousands of years of breeding as pets behind them, and dogs do still occasionally seriously hurt or kill someone. The article I saw said that he did what he would've done in the jungle.

The whole story is just tragic. I do feel bad for the woman who lost her "pet," but I also feel bad for Travis the chimp who must've suffered before he died, and most of all the poor woman whose life is never going to be the same after her face was ripped off.

This happened about 10 minutes from where I live. My friend lives in CT and knew the people (same neighborhood) he says she was creepy and gave good hollowedn candy.