Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Projected orders say fort Bragg

Default Projected orders say fort Bragg

Alright so yah I'm 3 weeks into ait and I got projected orders for Bragg is anybody near here that could tell me what's around here?

Lots of good barbecue around there at least. I'm fond of Bruce and Mickey's over by the Fayetteville airport.

So what MOS do you think? Intelligence? jumping out of airplanes?

Misatoismywaifu

There's people on ADISC stationed at Bragg. Beats other duty stations. If you have a car, I'd highly recommend driving to your Unit on the Army's money. On 4 days, go hiking, fishing or to Raleigh. The last place you'll want to be is on Post on a four day. NCOs like to give Duty to Soldiers who don't leave post by the way. Be cognizant of that once you're in the real Army. Stay safe. Now, I will play devil's advocate and say that once you settle in at your unit and get a nice tv, game setup, it's going to be nice and it's all you'll want to do. But the choice is yours, enjoy your career and embrace the suck.

Quote Originally Posted by willnotwill View Post
    so what mos do you think? Intelligence? Jumping out of airplanes?
    14 g

BabyJayk

Quote Originally Posted by tonitrui View Post
    Alright so yah I'm 3 weeks into ait and I got projected orders for Bragg is anybody near here that could tell me what's around here?
    I'm currently stationed at Bragg. Are you coming to division, 18th ABN Corps, or some other unit?

Basically stay away from the prohibited establishments. Some bars and such are on there but there aren't many good watering holes close to Bragg anyway. Pretty much everything is on Skibo or Morganton Rd. There is a decent movie theater between Yadkin and Skibo and Cross creek mall is right there, I just wouldn't be out there after dark alone. There is enough to keep you busy, there is plenty of gym for anyone right on post and it's free so take advantage of it. There is also a lot of ways to get into trouble. Be careful and remember around Bragg even the STDS are Airborne.

Quote Originally Posted by BabyJayk View Post
    I'm currently stationed at Bragg. Are you coming to division, 18th ABN Corps, or some other unit?

Basically stay away from the prohibited establishments. Some bars and such are on there but there aren't many good watering holes close to Bragg anyway. Pretty much everything is on Skibo or Morganton Rd. There is a decent movie theater between Yadkin and Skibo and Cross creek mall is right there, I just wouldn't be out there after dark alone. There is enough to keep you busy, there is plenty of gym for anyone right on post and it's free so take advantage of it. There is also a lot of ways to get into trouble. Be careful and remember around Bragg even the STDS are Airborne.
    I'm not sure all I have is projected orders right now. Did they move jump school to bragg?

BabyJayk

Quote Originally Posted by Sparks View Post
    I'm not sure all I have is projected orders right now. Did they move jump school to bragg?
    Um no. What's your MOS? If you go to an Airborne unit they will either send you before you get here, but if you make it here without going you might get the chance to go once you get here.

Air defense battle systems management operater