Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So... I just got caught

Default So... I just got caught

Hey everyone! Haven't been here in quite awhile cause college is very time consuming, but this is something I just had to tell everyone.

So, my house (particularly my room) is currently being renovated due to water damage. All the stuff in my room had to be taken out so the carpets could be replaced, and my grandmother decided to take the opportunity to organize everything. No big deal, I made sure to relocate all my baby stuff. Or so I thought...

So yesterday, I spent the whole day with my grandma and everything was fine. She wasn't acting out of the ordinary at all, she wasn't questioning me about anything; it was just any old normal day. Then at about 8pm, we got home and I walk into her room looking for my guitar picks when I see it... on the top of her trash can, is an old empty bag of small Depends Pull-ups which I completely forgot to take out of my old backpack. Crap. I'm screwed. Plus, since it was MY backpack, there's really no possible way to deny that they belong to me.

I guess I'm posting this because I'm a little confused. She never brought it up, she didn't even give me a funny look or anything. I just don't understand how she could brush this aside so easily. And for whatever reason, I'm not very torn up about this either. I know she found one of my pacifiers a couple years ago, so maybe she's known for awhile and just doesn't care? I guess I imagined being caught red handed would be a lot more... unpleasant. It's just surprising. Maybe I should just be glad I'm not being interrogated like when my Dad caught me in middle school.

Well.... at 19 your not a kid anymore and she probably figures some things she is better off not knowing.

MarchinBunny

Yes ... that moment when you realize you have been caught but nothing is said. That awkward silence as you begin to think over and over again ... on what to do and how to react XD.

Personally, I would just pretend I didn't find out that she found out, just as she is also pretending to not have found out. AKA ... it never happened. What? .... What diapers? Exactly.

Empty bag, maybe she didn't look that close to see what it was. Maybe her eyes aren't that good. Or maybe by chance you use the same brand and she thought it was hers.

Reminds me of how my mom checked in on me one night when I was padded up(thickly). My sheets were kicked semi-off, and as her classical motherly instincts insisted, she rubbed my back, which I woke up somewhat to, but faked still being asleep. What she did next made me worried. She has a thing where, for as a joke, she pats my rear and you can guess what happened next. Needless to say, I could've sworn I heard her murmur something about wishing I was her baby again and leaving the room. Ever since she's been referring to me as 'baby'. Oh and on a side note, when I semi-woke up, I noticed I saw sucking my thumb.

BabyJayk

Quote Originally Posted by theQman View Post
    Hey everyone! Haven't been here in quite awhile cause college is very time consuming, but this is something I just had to tell everyone.

So, my house (particularly my room) is currently being renovated due to water damage. All the stuff in my room had to be taken out so the carpets could be replaced, and my grandmother decided to take the opportunity to organize everything. No big deal, I made sure to relocate all my baby stuff. Or so I thought...

So yesterday, I spent the whole day with my grandma and everything was fine. She wasn't acting out of the ordinary at all, she wasn't questioning me about anything; it was just any old normal day. Then at about 8pm, we got home and I walk into her room looking for my guitar picks when I see it... on the top of her trash can, is an old empty bag of small Depends Pull-ups which I completely forgot to take out of my old backpack. Crap. I'm screwed. Plus, since it was MY backpack, there's really no possible way to deny that they belong to me.

I guess I'm posting this because I'm a little confused. She never brought it up, she didn't even give me a funny look or anything. I just don't understand how she could brush this aside so easily. And for whatever reason, I'm not very torn up about this either. I know she found one of my pacifiers a couple years ago, so maybe she's known for awhile and just doesn't care? I guess I imagined being caught red handed would be a lot more... unpleasant. It's just surprising. Maybe I should just be glad I'm not being interrogated like when my Dad caught me in middle school.
    No worries dude. If she knows she knows nothing you can do about it now. I have been caught several times. Does it suck if you get confronted? Yes, but it doesn't stop the clock, life will go on. Either they will get over it and everyone is better off, or they won't in which case who needs them?

Yes, time is on your side in that with the passing of each day, the impact of discovery becomes less and less until it's basically forgotten.

god I can't imagine being caught... I've come very very close a few times.

There's a song that goes "The waiting is the hardest part." My guess is she either didn't realize what it was and just thought it was trash or thinks you have a problem and it's none of her business. Only time will tell, but try not to sweat it.

Like other's have said, she could not have seen or realized what it was or she figures it's not really her business.

I'm assuming she's also probably 2.5-3x your age. Being around the same age as you I could only imagine what someone's perceptions are like who's been around for that long (think about a whole nother of your lifetime, or even another two or three of your life times). Maybe she just realized it doesn't matter and that she's gonna love you all the same regardless.