Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: something said at work

Default something said at work

I was pulling trash at work today and a woman had all these balloons I took one. She said you be good with that balloon that made my baby side melt anyone else get told babyish comments?

I was attending a library function on my birthday. When it got around to the head of the library that I was 23, I'm pretty sure she said ''That's a baby.''

Quote Originally Posted by KimbaStarshine View Post
    I was attending a library function on my birthday. When it got around to the head of the library that I was 23, I'm pretty sure she said ''That's a baby.''
    Aww did you blush? When that woman told me to be get with the balloon it's stuff like that makes me melt

Quote Originally Posted by KimbaStarshine View Post
    Hahaha...I always think it's hilarious when someone older than me when they learn my age say " oh you're still a baby" if only they knew........
    Also, I'm always mindlessly doing things that attract comments like "you're such a 2 yr old" that just makes me feel giddy inside haha, but also it does kinda remind me sometimes to be more aware of my little side .... oops

MarchinBunny

Ya, I get told I am pretty child like fairly often without them knowing just how much they are right lol. The same can be said about being feminine too, which is great cause I am trans. Some people are just very perceptive. Have I ever gotten a comment like the above? ... Probably a few times. But I can't remember any in particular.

Quote Originally Posted by zackiepooh1992 View Post
    Aww did you blush? When that woman told me to be get with the balloon it's stuff like that makes me melt
    No, I don't think I blushed :P

One time this spring, shortly after I went back to work after three months off with a burnt hand, one of our long time employees remarked "You're lucky, little one." (meaning that I didn't lose my thumb.) My heart melted like the skin off my hand.

Once at the dentist, they said something along the lines of "You're doing very well baby boy" before apologizing and saying it was just a slip-up and they know I'm an adult. I just brushed it off, saying no big deal and thinking "You have no idea".

Quote Originally Posted by Gsmax View Post
    Once at the dentist, they said something along the lines of "You're doing very well baby boy" before apologizing and saying it was just a slip-up and they know I'm an adult. I just brushed it off, saying no big deal and thinking "You have no idea".
    Not exactly a babyish comment, but still relevant. I was at the dentist about three years ago to have fillings and I brought along my stuffed horse for comfort, and they told me they kept a teddy bear on hand for nervous kids.