Thread: Free hugs :)

Default Free hugs :)

I know its a rough time of year for a lot of people right now. I know with some of my own issue's I've been having a hard time. I ended up in the er the other night. Back on anti depression meds, and seeing a counselor again.

But just know I'm here for you if you feel like your having a hard time. And please make the smart choice to call for help. is the link for people in the USA. If I had not made this call. I'm sure I wouldn't be able to type this right now. Or anything....

I do plain on starting to blog again. So if you wanna know what happened. It will be on here. But I just got back home. So I still need a few days to adjust back in. I've been at a friend house for 2 weeks. While getting help and waiting for the meds to kick in.

And feel free to share links to help hotlines for other country's in this thread. This can be a hard time of year. For a lot of people.

I'm glad you're doing better. Recovery takes time and I'm glad you've got a friend giving you some support. Christmas can indeed be one of the hardest times of year when you suffer from depression. Keep blogging and let us know how it's going.

For anyone who's dealing with these thoughts, I'd like to recommend a link to an amazing non-profit organization called To Write Love on Her Arms.

This group has helped millions of people struggling with depression, self-harm, suicide and addictions. For anyone who feels like you're struggling, please consider visiting their website. They have given hope to so many people and pointed many more towards help. I promise you will be inspired.

Adisc also has a resource article for helplines around the world and can be found here:

Whether you need these resources at any time in your life, or you're simply suggesting them to a friend or member, please know that there are people here and out there who truly care about you.
    Last edited by Starrunner; 21-Dec-2015 at 13:00.

I'm sorry you've had a rough time of it. Starrunner has been a big help as well as a good supporter for such things. He's also left some very good articles on depression. Many of us here visit depression now and again. I'm happy for you that you're out and back on your feet, so to speak. Hang in there.