Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weird reaction

Default Weird reaction

Okay to start my vacation I went to watch Star Wars The Force Awakens. NO SPOILERS! I truly loved the film. I became depressed shortly afterwords. It wasn't because the movie was over. It was because I really have no true destiny in my life. I'm stable, but don't see any reason to do anything. I see movies, Youtubers, storytalers, and even just love; I see point to life for everyone around me, but I can't see the light at the end of my own tunnel. I've been looking for years as some people might know, but I'm getting to the point where I would like to finally stop. If I'm meant for a rum drum life please let me die inside.

Admins just delete or close this Thread. No one seems to care at this point.

MarchinBunny

Well, I do need to point out, that all those people you think have a point to their life, they themselves may not see it that way. In fact, they may even be thinking the same thing you are.

I have gone through a lot in my life, and in fact many would even say I have accomplished a lot. However, I personally don't feel that way. I tend to feel like I haven't done a thing or the things that I have done, have not lead to anything. Finding a point to life can be hard. However, even something simple like enjoying playing videos games can be purpose enough.

Life is what you make it, and the point to your life is what ever it is you decide the point to be. Even if it's something simple.

Edit: I think the reason you didn't get much response is for the fact that most people can't answer it for you, and everyone goes through it them self.

This is a really common problem. I know it doesn't make it any less poignant for you personally to know that but it is something that a lot of people feel, particularly as they move into adulthood (which is often delayed these days for non-ABDL reasons). I think brabbit1987 is probably correct. I read over your post before and I didn't really know what to say aside from the above and that you'll have to work it out.

For me, it was coming to an understanding that nothing really does matter. There are no destinies, no grand plans. We're here and then we're not. That same realization could be a crushing weight to some but for me, it's sort of liberating. I pretend the things I do matter but I don't expect they really do, except to people I care about and that matters to me.

I can't tell you to live your life that way. Just know that everyone is struggling with the same things at different points. No one has all the answers or has it easy. This is all part of figuring out what it means to be human and for me, it's part of the fun of a finite existence. I hope you will find a way that is interesting for you as well.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkBabyMagicain View Post
    Okay to start my vacation I went to watch Star Wars The Force Awakens. NO SPOILERS! I truly loved the film. I became depressed shortly afterwords. It wasn't because the movie was over. It was because I really have no true destiny in my life. I'm stable, but don't see any reason to do anything. I see movies, Youtubers, storytalers, and even just love; I see point to life for everyone around me, but I can't see the light at the end of my own tunnel. I've been looking for years as some people might know, but I'm getting to the point where I would like to finally stop. If I'm meant for a rum drum life please let me die inside.
    Hey DBM,
    The thing that strikes me the most in your post (sorry about the rhyme) is you feel that you don't have a destiny in life. I don't look at it that way. My belief has always been that we create our own destiny based on our skills, desires, abilities and the support we have to reach our goals. I think you're at that stage in your life where you're not happy and you need to make some changes. You're not alone in that respect. Everyone wants to believe they're destined for something better, and we all want to have a life filled with meaning, purpose and satisfaction. The truth is that you're the only one that can make that happen, you just have to decide what you're willing to do to get there. I think the questions you need to ask yourself are:
    * What kind of work would make me happy? (keep it narrow)
    * What skills do I have?
    * Do I live in an area with good employment opportunities for what I want to do?
    * What am I willing to sacrifice to reach my goals? (volunteer work for experience or upgrading my education)
    * Are my goals realistic?

Ask yourself what's holding you back. If you're suffering from depression or physical ailments, they can be significant impairments towards reaching your goals. If that is the case, then you need to deal with those issues before you can move forward.

Also, you could be being overly critical and hard on yourself. Anyone that's been able to work through a recession and these tough economic times may not be doing that badly after all. You're a survivor. Hold onto that.

It's not a bad thing to question your quality of life and strive for bigger goals, but it's a matter of taking the steps to make it happen. You can do that through identifying new challenges in your life or changing your perspective so that you're not blaming yourself for where you're at right now. Either approach is valid.

May the force be with you, my friend!
    Last edited by Starrunner; 24-Dec-2015 at 00:49.

I like what Trevor has to say... I really think that destiny is a self-made destination... a mixture of dreams, desires, some talent, plenty of hard work and perseverance, and of course a dash of luck. I don't buy the pre-destined mumbo jumbo...we become who we choose to become, and the true measure of our success has to be our personal level of satisfaction. The truth is that very few will achieve superstardom in any given field, but that doesn't preclude us from finding happiness in what we can do, and realising that doing what we can do well is most likely enriching the lives of others. Of course the pursuit of excellence is ok so long as it is not at the expense of you or others.

The movies are a world inhabited by the imagination. We can immerse ourselves in these worlds and find awesome enjoyment 'in that space' and rather than be depressed about the contrast of reality, find meaningful and achievable paths to happiness in our own lives. Find happiness in making others happy, even if they are unaware of your actions.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh ... just read Starrunner too.... great minds think alike good tips

MarchinBunny

Quote Originally Posted by ozbub View Post
    I like what Trevor has to say... I really think that destiny is a self-made destination... a mixture of dreams, desires, some talent, plenty of hard work and perseverance, and of course a dash of luck. I don't buy the pre-destined mumbo jumbo...we become who we choose to become, and the true measure of our success has to be our personal level of satisfaction. The truth is that very few will achieve superstardom in any given field, but that doesn't preclude us from finding happiness in what we can do, and realising that doing what we can do well is most likely enriching the lives of others. Of course the pursuit of excellence is ok so long as it is not at the expense of you or others.

The movies are a world inhabited by the imagination. We can immerse ourselves in these worlds and find awesome enjoyment 'in that space' and rather than be depressed about the contrast of reality, find meaningful and achievable paths to happiness in our own lives. Find happiness in making others happy, even if they are unaware of your actions.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh ... just read Starrunner too.... great minds think alike good tips
    Oh .. I see how it is ... >.> my comment sucks does it. Just kidding XD

I do agree and feel they both wrote great posts, and explained it much better than I had. I never believe in that sort of destiny sort of deal. It's always going to be up to you, and what you decide. If anything it makes life easier to know that there isn't some sort of grand plan happening behind the scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by brabbit1987 View Post
    Oh .. I see how it is ... >.> my comment sucks does it. Just kidding XD

I do agree and feel they both wrote great posts, and explained it much better than I had. I never believe in that sort of destiny sort of deal. It's always going to be up to you, and what you decide. If anything it makes life easier to know that there isn't some sort of grand plan happening behind the scenes.
    Oh wow and at Christmas too.... I'm soooo sorry ... it's just that Starrunner posted while I was writing...lol and I take a looonnnggg time to write I did like your post too

MarchinBunny

Quote Originally Posted by ozbub View Post
    Oh wow and at Christmas too.... I'm soooo sorry ... it's just that Starrunner posted while I was writing...lol and I take a looonnnggg time to write I did like your post too
    lol .. no worries, was only joking

Thanks for the advice everyone.I still have to find my talent. Unless there's something for someone with a perfect memory or a need for someone that could give out random ideas.