Thread: I think I have two personalities.

Default I think I have two personalities.

I have to get this off my chest, but I think I have two personalities.

I seem to flip between two personalities often, I'm not sure if there personalities or anything, but a part of me takes over, does things that it wouldn't, I feel emotionless, however I realize how powerful and manipulative I can be, I tend to get revenge on people who have caused me a great deal of pain mess with them etc, I don't like this part of me, I've come to the conclusion most people don't pay attention nor care about me, so I can get away with a lot of things, this personality I tend to be very egotistic, feel awesome, feel like I can do anything, I get things done etc, considering that the people caused me a lot of trauma or where involved in it in one way or another, this part of me sees it as justified, this part of me has flashbacks of abuse etc, the abuse involves a lot of blood and pain, though this part of me, wouldn't do it to a innocent person, only those who have caused me pain, It feels like I'm reliving the moment.

On the other hand, the other part of me, is a caring loving person, who feels sorry for people, This is a recent thing that has only been happening for the last year, this part of me is miserable, depressed, has a deeper understanding of myself that most people would have, feel worthless etc, this part of me feels guilty for doing things my other part of me does, this part of me rarely thinks about the abuse nor gets flashbacks, though this part of me is my true self, I'm this part for 70% of the day.

For the last year or so, I've switched from my true self, a caring loving person, to a different me? I know that sounds weird, but I seem to flip between the two.

Quote Originally Posted by mantlepython View Post
    I have to get this off my chest, but I think I have two personalities.

[...] the other part of me, is a caring loving person, who feels sorry for people, This is a recent thing that has only been happening for the last year, this part of me is miserable, depressed, has a deeper understanding of myself that most people would have, feel worthless etc, this part of me feels guilty for doing things my other part of me does, this part of me rarely thinks about the abuse nor gets flashbacks, though this part of me is my true self, I'm this part for 70% of the day.

For the last year or so, I've switched from my true self, a caring loving person, to a different me? I know that sounds weird, but I seem to flip between the two.
    Hi, mantlepython...

Realizing, that you aren't seeking a diagnoses here because, that would be out of the scope, range and, nature of what we can do here...

First off, great job on taking a good first-step to what can (and should) become, healing! You've articulated some very important observations... There are a number of things that can result from being abused in our childhoods yet, those safety or protection mechanisms often get stuck on sometimes even in overdrive... even though you are (presumably) technically out of the actual danger from the original abuse...

It's also not unusual for these mechanisms, to not only be in arrays or a spectrum but, sort of like a chemical reaction where two or more elements combine to form a new one... there are also exponential results, where a very small bit grows and/or accelerates beyond what may be expected...

I don't know if you are seeking any sort of counseling, as that's going to be one of the first things to get underway with.

Are you safe and away from the abuse & abusers now?

Try not to feel guilty about what you sometimes have done... try to think of it as one of those defense mechanisms that needs better moderation now...

In fact, one type of therapy called Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), is about how to manage the now moments... because now, is the only time we can choose differently... We're not intending to ignore the past, we simply aren't going to dredge through it all in order to get help and relief...

The future isn't here yet so, we won't concern ourselves with what sort of elaborate schemes we may build then...

However, what we learn, to recondition what we do with the now moments, will benefit our perception and handling of both the past and the future...

It all starts now... It all starts with now...

I'll see what kind of resources that may be of use to you, both online and for your particular area...

Give yourself credit for surviving this and, work towards not lashing out or acting on vengeful inclinations - it's still okay to consider it but, don't actually seek revenge anymore... You might need some sort of harmless outlet for these normal feelings though... One way for that might be to seek proper justice and compensation... though, I wouldn't suggest to seek reconciliation from your abuser(s) at this time...

Thank you for sharing this with us!

Let's see what kind of resources and information we can help you find...

My best,
    -Marka
    Last edited by Marka; 19-Dec-2015 at 21:19.

Default Some Resources...

Quote Originally Posted by mantlepython View Post
    -

Welcome to the Consumer Resources section
    If you suffer from a condition that is affecting your mental health and are looking for specific information about different types of problems then the information packages, or InfoPax, listed below may be relevant to you. The InfoPax consist of a number of modules that you can complete online, or you can save the modules to your computer and work through them onscreen in your own time. Alternatively, you can print out the modules and work through them by hand.

We strongly encourage you to talk to your local doctor or a mental health professional about your difficulties as the information provided in the resources are NOT a substitute for proper diagnosis or treatment by an appropriate health professional. Please refer to the full disclaimer regarding the information on this website before making use of these resources.
    -

mantlepython,

With the number and types of issues, that you've brought to our attention in the past month or so... You're just going to have to get evaluated by a professional... as far as I can tell...

Whether it's issues of malnutrition and sleep deprivation, medicine that you might already be on (as RedLittlebottom now apparently known as AngelKitten had suggested in an earlier thread)... Or, you might be on to something with either bi-polar or, schizophrenia... The thing of it is, all any of us can do (and that probably includes you too) ...is to guess and speculate... which doesn't really do anything to help you... And, not to mention, never-minding any potential liability issues... I think that it's more than a bit hazardous to try too much DIY on this...

We can help to try to find resources for you and, we can help to try to encourage you to utilize those resources... and, we can help to try to console and assure you...

Any real success, is going to come down to you at this point
    ... or, at least someone who is with you in person that you can trust.. to get evaluated, so that you can more reasonably find what to do...

Quote Originally Posted by Aidy View Post
    [...] I have used the hotlines a fair bit [...]

Australia's best hotlines are

Kids Help Line (If you are under 25 years old) 1800 55 1800
    Life Line 13 11 44
    Mens Line 1300 78 99 78

Or 000 for emergency services of course.
    I noticed too, when I came across "Kids Help Line" earlier...

They have phone, web and, email support options

That's what I've been able to come up with so far...

Keep talking, that's still very important... though, do take appropriate action too... Sooner rather than later... for your benefit!

My best and, for now,
    -Marka

Thank You

I'll get help, I just needed to get some things off my chest here.

I think that most if not all of us have very different aspects to our personalities. I've had temper and sometimes rage problems when I was much younger. I typically would get mad at things. As a kid, high school/college, I would often do things that I didn't necessarily want to do, typically to please someone else. But that is not typical of having two personalities or multiple personalities. It's more likely a part of one's personality.

I think that people with multiple personalities, have a real split, where one persona may not even know that the other one exists. They may have no memory of what they did while in this altered ego. You simply have anger issues. Getting mad at people you care about can be symptomatic of Borderline Personality Disorder, but as Marka said, that's not for any of us to decide. You should see a professional.