Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Simulation

  1. #1

    Default Simulation

    Hi, anyone here have flight sim or xplane. I don't know many people the enjoys those kind of game.

  2. #2

    Default

    I enjoy Euro Truck Simulator. Afraid I'm not into plane sims

  3. #3

    Default

    I love simulators in general - the real simulators that actually simulate something. If I buy Donkey Simulator or whatever, I expect to actually be a simulated donkey, doing actual simulated donkey things.

    I have all the necessary tools to play a proper flight sim, including a lovely stick, and a lovely PC... and I even own Flight Sim X - I just haven't gone down that road in the last little while - I've never actually ran Flight Sim since buying it on Steam last year - a symptom of a much larger, way too common illness afflicting Steam users.

    I do love Euro Truck Sim 2, iRacing, Rfactor etc etc as well, and do play them somewhat regularly though.

  4. #4

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Roco View Post
    Hi, anyone here have flight sim or xplane. I don't know many people the enjoys those kind of game.
    Actually, yes Roco... MSFS-10 or, FSX if you prefer... prior to the Steam buy-out... And, a version of X-Plane... I so seldom use - I can't recall which version I have...

    I've gone so far as to create 3-D structures (Hospitals), to run Euro Copter 35? - air-medical-transport operations, in my local area too...

    I don't do much of it these days... Have you installed advanced terrain for your area? -cough- Orbix...



    Quote Originally Posted by DarrenAintGradually View Post
    I enjoy Euro Truck Simulator. Afraid I'm not into plane sims
    I've watched some videos for Euro Truck... pretty impressive, coming from Hard Truck: 18 Wheels of Steel 10-years ago...

    Yet, have either of you piloted a plane or, a big-rig (lorry) for real...?

    It's great (if you can convince someone to let you do it...)

    -Marka (Happy sims to us all...)

  5. #5

    Default

    I've tried a old MSFS plane sim, but I always end up crashing before I even get off the run way or right after taking off

    I'd like to find a new one with Fighter Jets

  6. #6

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by FluffyMastiff View Post
    I've tried a old MSFS plane sim, but I always end up crashing before I even get off the run way or right after taking off

    I'd like to find a new one with Fighter Jets
    You can install those Fighter Jets, aircraft (and many more) And, change your settings to no crash detection and, easy controls in FSX... You'll want to have 20-30 FPS on average though, otherwise your fast planes, big-irons and copters - will be near impossible to land, if you can get them to take-off, in the first place...

    There's many freeware aircraft and scenery add-on's, not to mention all the payware sorts... You do need a computer with a processor, graphics and, memory to handle the higher settings for detail and such... and, a good controller will help...

    You can download real-weather data for the area you are flying in... static ("snapshot" weather) or, Dynamic, updated in 15-minute intervals... You can even join virtual airlines to fly for... They provide ATC for in-game communications...

    You get promotions and demotions, depending on how you do...

    Search-engine some videos of FSX with fighter planes, to get an idea what it should go and look like...

    Don't give up too soon!

    Happy skies,
    -Marka

  7. #7

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Marka View Post
    You can install those Fighter Jets, aircraft (and many more) And, change your settings to no crash detection and, easy controls in FSX... You'll want to have 20-30 FPS on average though, otherwise your fast planes, big-irons and copters - will be near impossible to land, if you can get them to take-off, in the first place...

    There's many freeware aircraft and scenery add-on's, not to mention all the payware sorts... You do need a computer with a processor, graphics and, memory to handle the higher settings for detail and such... and, a good controller will help...

    You can download real-weather data for the area you are flying in... static ("snapshot" weather) or, Dynamic, updated in 15-minute intervals... You can even join virtual airlines to fly for... They provide ATC for in-game communications...

    You get promotions and demotions, depending on how you do...

    Search-engine some videos of FSX with fighter planes, to get an idea what it should go and look like...

    Don't give up too soon!

    Happy skies,
    -Marka
    Thank you for the info. I'll look into them but my gaming list is quite full right now.

    I think my biggest issue on the crashing was using a keyboard/mouse, instead of a proper game stick. Which I looked into them, but the one that I truly liked and felt good with was $400 back in 2009/2010 I was a broke college student that just spent $1300 on his gaming computer.

    My computer is pretty capable for many games, considering its age. I've played some demanding games and it's done quite well on High/Ultra settings, especially since I built it in 2009 and over the years upgraded the GPU and CPU and changed out sucky faulty RAM.. Sadly (or luckily), the CPU is the fastest available for the EVGA X58 motherboard series. So within the next 2 years I'll have to actually build a full new computer, to handle the new games coming out. Runs Fallout 4 at 60+ FPS with no jittering or screen tearing. Crysis 3 at high resolution at ~30fps (iirc, been quite some time)

    24GB Ram (you say overkill? nope, just last week I hit 90% usage with Unreal Engine 4, Blender, 20 chrome tabs (and YouTube video playing) and a few other programs. I quite often get to 50% usage on RAM)
    3.33GHz 6-core i7 980 (Gulftown)
    GTX 970

    I'll say this, once I do build a new computer, this computer will be shelved and displayed for it being amazing and dealing with the crazy amount of stress it was put under... that or turned into another NAS

    Anyway, back on topic.

  8. #8

    Default

    I stick to Elite Dangerous using x52 pro controls and trackerIR 5. That the closes I will with simulators.

  9. #9

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Marka View Post
    Actually, yes Roco... MSFS-10 or, FSX if you prefer... prior to the Steam buy-out... And, a version of X-Plane... I so seldom use - I can't recall which version I have...

    I've gone so far as to create 3-D structures (Hospitals), to run Euro Copter 35? - air-medical-transport operations, in my local area too...

    I don't do much of it these days... Have you installed advanced terrain for your area? -cough- Orbix...



    I've watched some videos for Euro Truck... pretty impressive, coming from Hard Truck: 18 Wheels of Steel 10-years ago...

    Yet, have either of you piloted a plane or, a big-rig (lorry) for real...?

    It's great (if you can convince someone to let you do it...)

    -Marka (Happy sims to us all...)
    Hi,
    yes i only have one of the ORBX terrain Addons for England its really good though it was a pain to get working i had to disable hyper threading on my cpu
    I do have xplane too and have some HD addon terrain all freeware which is really good ! .

    i do play euro Truck sim now and then i also played 18 wheels of steal back in the day !

    - - - Updated - - -



    Quote Originally Posted by FluffyMastiff View Post
    Thank you for the info. I'll look into them but my gaming list is quite full right now.

    I think my biggest issue on the crashing was using a keyboard/mouse, instead of a proper game stick. Which I looked into them, but the one that I truly liked and felt good with was $400 back in 2009/2010 I was a broke college student that just spent $1300 on his gaming computer.

    My computer is pretty capable for many games, considering its age. I've played some demanding games and it's done quite well on High/Ultra settings, especially since I built it in 2009 and over the years upgraded the GPU and CPU and changed out sucky faulty RAM.. Sadly (or luckily), the CPU is the fastest available for the EVGA X58 motherboard series. So within the next 2 years I'll have to actually build a full new computer, to handle the new games coming out. Runs Fallout 4 at 60+ FPS with no jittering or screen tearing. Crysis 3 at high resolution at ~30fps (iirc, been quite some time)

    24GB Ram (you say overkill? nope, just last week I hit 90% usage with Unreal Engine 4, Blender, 20 chrome tabs (and YouTube video playing) and a few other programs. I quite often get to 50% usage on RAM)
    3.33GHz 6-core i7 980 (Gulftown)
    GTX 970

    I'll say this, once I do build a new computer, this computer will be shelved and displayed for it being amazing and dealing with the crazy amount of stress it was put under... that or turned into another NAS

    Anyway, back on topic.
    WOW that's quite the games list you have there !! what did you think of fallout 4 ?
    i have a fairly high spec pc but still seems to have trouble getting frames on flight simulator even using LHM's new version! but i put that down to my graphic card being a bit old !

  10. #10

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Roco View Post
    Hi,
    - - - Updated - - -
    WOW that's quite the games list you have there !! what did you think of fallout 4 ?
    i have a fairly high spec pc but still seems to have trouble getting frames on flight simulator even using LHM's new version! but i put that down to my graphic card being a bit old !
    FO4 is pretty good, but I stopped playing for now. Waiting for updates/new DLC or anything. There's a few bugs that annoy me quite a bit, but not really game breaking. The main quest itself is quite good, but it can end in multiple ways, so I still have I think 2 or 3 endings to try out. The graphics are so much better than any of the previous Beth titles, which isn't surprising as time goes on, but still not on par with the game industry.
    Beth needs to get away from Gamebryo engine, it's holding their games back by lot, its buggy and doesn't deal with a lot of stuff going on at one time. This is why we have small towns and "cities" as the game engine can't really handle more than 10 NPC's at once, you'll get lucky and able too, but not for long.

    Since I posted that image, I've added about 3-5 more games to it Also, the past 3 nights, when I'm trying to sleep, I've had all those greyed out games downloading, takes a while to do at only ~15-20GB download per 6 hours.

    I have a friend IRL, he does FSX and other simulation games, he has a BEASTLY system and he has complained of low frame rates at times. He has his main system for the game, which has five 24" monitors. He bought actual flight sticks, controls and switches/buttons, from a real plane, wired and programmed, all setup on another computer, which is then networked into his main computer. He has a tablet that he made custom software for to show only certain gauges on it and able to control the fuel tanks with, using wifi. An amazing setup really, too bad he won't let me take photos of it

Similar Threads

  1. No-Limits Coaster Simulation
    By LinkFloyd in forum Off-topic
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-Nov-2010, 00:43

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.